Start by marking “Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)

Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  813 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Genie on the loose!Stanley Lambchop has found a real magic lamp with a genie inside! The genie tells Stanley he can wish for anything in the world: fame, a magical pet, superpowers -- you name it.

When Stanley's family finds out about the genie, they have some wishes, too. But the more wishes Stanley makes, the stranger his own life becomes. Oh, poor Stanley!
Published December 22nd 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Stanley and the Magic Lamp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stanley and the Magic Lamp

Farah
Kalau Prince Haraz datang ke hadapanku saat ini dan menawarkan dirinya untuk mengabulkan tiga permintaan apa saja, apa saja yang aku minta, kira-kira apa?

Kemudian ingatanku akan terbang ke masa-masa dimana dulu kita sering kali berbagi cerita-cerita rahasia. Berdua.
Kenangan yang tak lagi ada karena kita pernah berdiri di persimpangan dan memutuskan bahwa apa yang kita jalani saat ini adalah yang terbaik bagi kita. Dan kita meninggalkan semuanya dalam diam. Tanpa bicara.
Mungkin aku akan meminta
Nicole
Jul 27, 2010 Nicole rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: elementary-age kids
Shelves: kids-books
I'll give this a 3.5 as a combo rating - 3 for me and 4 for my kids. They thought it was fun. We read it together over about a week's time. They enjoyed it. I thought it was cute. There was a good message in it and some fun antics, plus now my kids want a liophant. LOL Anyway, fun fast read as an easy chapter book for mid elementary age readers or as a family read-together book.
Dolly
Jun 17, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the second book in the Flat Stanley series by Jeff Brown. We've heard a lot about Flat Stanley and have participated in a few school projects for both our girls and our niece, taking a "Flat Stanley" to places and photographing him against popular landmarks. So we thought we should check out the books in this series and so far we've liked the stories.

This was an interesting look at what would happen if our wishes came true. It's also a good story to explain why you should be careful wha
Ensiform
Stanley discovers a genie in a lamp, with delightfully whimsical results: he gets a half-lion half-elephant pet called a Liophant; he flies, and Arthur gets super strength, and they foil a robbery; his mother becomes famous and his father magically good at tennis. Of course, it all gets too much for the Lambchops, especially Stanley’s mother, and everything is reversed in the end. It’s another fun story; I think some of Brown’s constructions and word choices are too complicated for kindergartene ...more
Priscila Lima
Stanley and the Magic Lamp takes Stanley Lambchop on a outrageous adventure when he finds a magic lamp! To make things even more exciting, the genie tells Stanley that he can wish for anything. Of course Stanley becomes super excited about this and starts thinking about all the things he can wish for. Stanley’s family hears about the genie and they also want some of their wishes to come true. The adventure starts when after each wish turns Stanley’s life stranger and stranger. There is an underl ...more
Jul 27, 2007 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ages 7 and up
Shelves: kidbooks
I loved the idea of an "askit basket." Kind of like a portable, magical librarian.
Jariah
Look like an really good book
Alexis
It was an okay book. Nothing super amazing and extravagant. It was not very interesting or gripping. Its the kind of book you read two chapters of forget get it then finish two months later or don't finish at all. I'm giving it a three stars because it has somewhat interesting parts but the boon in all is pretty drab and boring.
Heather
I read this ages ago under the title A Lamp for the Lambchops. Now it has been renamed Stanley and the Magic Lamp. Of all the books in the Stanley series, this one is my favorite. My three- and five-year-olds enjoyed it and were able to sit still and listen to the whole thing.
Kris at Book Wishes
Super Cute, my children all loved this book ranging in age from 4 to 11. Flat Stanley who is not so flat anymore in this adventure goes on with a genie and again even saves the day. I love how this book teaches little ones on how to make right choices and be kind to others. Great, short read!
Gary Vassallo
My 8 year old son is reading the Flat Stanley books at school and is loving them. I also think they're great! A good level of difficulty, a fun story and a good message. Highly recommend for 7-9 year olds.
Karen Dransfield
A fun young chapter book. I'm reading through the original series.
Mitran Kumar
Stanley wishes then unwishes
Elizabeth
We finished this one as a family tonight. It took a while to get through as we took breaks to read other things. I think this is one we'll have to visit when my kids are a bit older. It seems a bit too abstract to hold their attention as long. I, however, found the style much more pleasing than Flat Stanley. It flowed a lot better. I will revisit this one in a year or two!
Syakirah Amran(f5)
This is a really amazing story that i've heard before.Stanley found a magic lamp in the sea. When he rubbed it, a genie appeared in the air.The genie was really happy to come out from the lamp because he is being prisoned in the magic lamp for 1000 years because when ot was the genie's time, he like to play cruel tricks with the other genies.....
Isabella
Stanley Lambchop finds a real genie inside Mrs Lambchop's teapot.Now the Lambchops can wish for anything in the world: fame,a magical pet,superpowers...

Being famous is exhausting! Soon everyo longs for life to get back to normal. But can Stanley reverse the wishes?
Ethan
I wish I saw a genie! That would be really, really fun. I wish I WAS a genie. That book is so funny. Even Stanley gets to fly! I wish I had a magic lamp to make wishes with my genie. I would wish to fly like Stanley. It is so awesome that he gets to fly.
Sydney
for mother's day stanley wants to give his mother something special. he finds a lamp and decorates it. it's a genie's lamp. he rubs it and a genie comes out. he finds out the genie was banished from his home. stanley makes a wish for the genie to return home.
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
Stanley attracts adventure like it's his middle name. Along with his brother, Arthur, Stanley takes the change in stride, but with the loving guidance of his family he always returns from his exciting activities and sets things right.
Melissaschott
Cute book. May hold some 1st graders attention, this is my first Flat Stanley book. I am trying to expand my knowledge on the current books out there for my 1st graders who want to enter the "chapter books" rhelm.
Ethan
He wishes for what he wants and his parents get better in tennis...
Leeann
I love the adventures of Stanley Lambchop and his family. I love how the genie is just so funny. Beautifully illustrated by Quentin Blake a man who is famous for working with Roald Dahl :)
Heather
Apr 10, 2013 Heather marked it as aidan-done  ·  review of another edition
Aidan's review: I can't believe I finished the book on my Mom's birthday. I really liked the part about the Liophant. I really think I should read the next book soon.
Aidan
Andd Becker
Scott Nash's illustrations are excellent. Stanley Lambchop's wishes lack excellence of thought but are essential in Jeff Brown's excellent story.
Melanie
I'm hosting a Flat Stanley and thought it would be a good idea to read the books. It is a cute read that is positive for children.
Nicole
Great book for early readers.

Text-to-text connections with the Askit Basket in this story and Dan Gutman's book, The Homework Machine.
Amber
It's not as good as the 1st book, but it makes you think what you would wish for if you got your own genie.
Jenny
Not as good as the original - and will probably wait a few years before I read this one to Kaylee
  • Horrible Harry and the Dragon War
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Littles To The Rescue
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • Sophie the Sapphire Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #6)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Ice Battle (The Secrets of Droon, #5)

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley (6 books)
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3) Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)