Start by marking “Arthur's First Sleepover: An Arthur Adventure” as Want to Read:
Arthur's First Sleepover:  An Arthur Adventure

Arthur's First Sleepover: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  528 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Arthur invites Buster and the Brain to a backyard sleepover. The boys have heard rumors about alien sightings, and they run for their lives when they see strange flashing lights in the distance. Things return to normal, however, when they discover that the "alien" is from the planet D.W. Text copyright 2004 Lectorum Publications, Inc.
Published September 1st 1996 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's First Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's First Sleepover

Laurie
Felicity The Magnificent
James
Probably one of the more terrifying Arthur books, which sees the town living in fear of an alien invasion. We see Arthur, Buster, and Brain crumbling with the threat of invasion, while D.W., ever the stalwart warrior, laughs in the face of the unknown. You can't really go wrong with Arthur books, I like pretty much all that I have read.
Tiffany
I don't really like Arthur books or shows or movies or anything to do with Arthur. I don't know what came first, the book or the show, but I'm pretty sure I've watched this story before, so it was easy to make the voices. This is another book Deacon picked up from his school library.
Monalisa Johnson-brown
This is about Arthur and his friends. he wanted to have a sleepover but his friend Buster had a problem but Arthur's mom solved it. They had the sleepover and Arthur's dad brought them pizzas and told them it was bedtime after. They were telling scary stories when they saw a light like it is moving, they thought it was real and ran with the tent and ended up charging into a tree. It was his sister D. W. playing tricks on him. He played one on her and she got so scared that she started to scream.
Sue Pak
The children are very familiar with Arthur and it's television show. Kids like things that are familiar to them. You can make text-to-text connections with other Arthur books, or text-to-self connections. You can also talk about being kind to others and not pulling pranks.

I recommend the Arthur books to any grade. Kids from kindergarten all the way to fifth will love reading and hearing these books.
Shelby Everitt
Arthur's First Sleepover is a really cute story about Arthur having his first sleepover while the town says they saw a spaceship. His sister decides to prank him and his friends into thinking there is a real spaceship. However, Arthur gets her back. They all have a great time. I love the Arthur books and would definitely read them to my class.
Molly
As a huge fan of the television series, I was greatly disappointed at the lazy and sub-par writing of the books. The illustrations are very poorly done as well (especially if you have older editions of the books). Not good. just watch the show; it's on at seven on PBS every morning.
Lacey Mcmanaway
This book is great for teaching how to use prior knowledge. It also useful for showing friendship and sibling bonds. It is a slightly lengthy book, but makes a great read aloud. They students love to make predictions throughout the story.
Kelsey Nauert
Arthur plans his very first sleepover and D.W. is determined to scare the boys. The joke is on her though because they end up scaring her. This can teach students about sibling relationships, that you should be friends not enemies.
Dolly
May 27, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
This is a fun book in the "Arthur" series. The anticipation of a sleepover combined with the hijinks that go on during it bring back lots of memories and is very engaging for children. It's a good book to read aloud.
Kirei
Arthur has a sleepover outdoors, but beware of aliens! Of course it is just DW scaring them, and Arthur and his pals scare her back with their own alien.
Theresa
good early reader, using text to relate to the television show many of the stories hae been repeated in the show. growing up
Cana
Mommy says: Oh, that naughty D.W. My kids (5yo and 3yo) love Arthur and D.W. books right now.
Libby
This was a great book and I enjoyed all of the books in the Arthur book series
Jessie
I always enjoyed reading the books and watching the TV show.
Coco
Coco added it
Oct 14, 2014
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Flora
Flora marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Haily
Haily marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
  • Curious George and the Dump Truck
  • The Bear Scouts (Beginner Books)
  • Clifford at the Circus
  • George and Martha Round and Round
  • Happy Easter, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • Franklin Rides A Bike
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • Zack's Alligator
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)