Start by marking “The Scarlatti Inheritance / The Osterman Weekend / The Matlock Paper / The Gemini Contenders” as Want to Read:

The facts of the Scarlatti Inheritance are on file and that file is the price of tha top Nazi's defection to Washington. He has information that would drastically alter the course of the War. The file has secrets that could destroy the reputations of some of the most powerful Western leaders. And violence, blackmail and intrigue break out in the worlds of big business and ...more
Published March 24th 1979 by William Heinemann, Martin Secker & Warburg, and Octopus Books

Be the first to ask a question about The Scarlatti Inheritance / The Osterman Weekend / The Matlock Paper / The Gemini Contenders

Tim
Nov 15, 2009 Tim rated it really liked it
Ron
Dec 25, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
The Osterman Weekend might have been my least favorite but I still liked it.

The Gemini Contenders,Scarlatti Inheritance and the The Matlock Papers were just amazing. Its been years since I read Ludlum but I still remember the thrill, the master of spy and intrigue gave me.

I recall just sitting there after I finished one of his novels, dying to tell the world what I just experienced. That was before the internet. Ludlum's novels went viral before there was an internet,facebook,or twitter.

For fan
Feb 13, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok
I really liked The Scarlatti Inheritance. I found it very interesting. That is the only story in this book I actually liked.

The Osterman Weekend and The Matlock Papers I found boring and skimmed through the pages.

The Gemini Contenders was probably read by Dan Brown when writing his book The Da Vinci Code. At least The Gemini Contenders is much better written than Dan Browns version and his horrible writing style.
Daniel
Nov 29, 2008 Daniel rated it really liked it
Scarlatti Inheritance is one of the great Ludlum novels. And i am speaking from experience. Intrigue, plot twists and action in a colorful setting. If you happen to read all his books it becomes a little formulaic, but if you only read one, read Scarlatti Inheritance.
Terry
Jun 27, 2013 Terry rated it liked it
Nice freshman effort by R. Ludlum. Nicely plotted. The occasional anachronism does not detract from the flow. Shows signs of the Ludlum knowledge of process: this is much more prominent in his later works.
Josee
Dec 07, 2008 Josee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that likes mystery books.
Shelves: books-i-own
Different from what I am used to reading. Probably will invest more time in reading more of his earlier novels, before the "Bourne" series.
Daniel
Feb 23, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I finally finished this book. This Collection of Ludlum's first 4 novels is interesting in that each book was successively better. The final as the best.
Tom
Feb 02, 2016 Tom rated it really liked it
Early Ludlum novels. Before he really caught fire but they perfectly captured desperate men put in desperate situations.
James Amoateng
Oct 10, 2013 James Amoateng rated it really liked it
Robert Ludlum weaves a plot like a bird weaves a net. Intricate patterns and interesting characters.
I really enjoyed the read.
Perrin
Perrin rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Lol
Lol rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2010
Gary L.
Gary L. rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Neil
Neil rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2008
Baita Corrada
Baita Corrada rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Sherry King
Sherry King rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Dan Payment
Dan Payment rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2009
Dan Payment
Dan Payment rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2009
Philby
Philby rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Janet Roth
Janet Roth rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2009
Manjula
Manjula rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2017
Steve Ellis
Steve Ellis rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Lynli
Lynli rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Judie
Judie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Lynda
Lynda rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Gaynor Jones
Gaynor Jones rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2008
Deb Ward
Deb Ward rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2011
Sherry Moss
Sherry Moss rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Icefire
  • Kilo Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #2)
  • Bio-Strike (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #4)
  • Stallion Gate
  • The Siege (Questar Science Fiction)
  • Great Cases of Sherlock Holmes (Franklin Library of Mystery Masterpieces)
  • A Season In Hell
  • Year's Best SF 7
  • Dragon Strike
  • Extreme Denial
  • Double Helix
  • The Recording Engineer S Handbook
  • A History of the Ancient World
  • Bass Guitar for Dummies [With Audio CD]
  • Legions of Fire (Babylon 5: Legions of Fire, #1-3)
  • Kokoda
  • Traitor's Kiss
  • The End of the European Era: 1890 to the Present (The Norton History of Modern Europe)
Robert Ludlum was the author of twenty-seven novels, each one a New York Times bestseller. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into thirty-two languages. He is the author of The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, and the Jason Bourne series--The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum--among others. Mr. Ludlum ...more
More about Robert Ludlum...