Start by marking “There Were Two Trees in the Garden” as Want to Read:
There Were Two Trees in the Garden

There Were Two Trees in the Garden

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  288 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
For those enmeshed in conflict--relational, internal, spiritual--Rick Joyner uses the image of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life to explain its existence, and also how one can achieve victory over it.
Published February 1st 2006 by Morningstar Publications (NC) (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about There Were Two Trees in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Were Two Trees in the Garden

Ron
Sep 02, 2011 Ron rated it it was amazing
If you only read one book of this type--Christian interpretation/exhortation--read this one. Written twenty-five years ago, it has a fresh message for today.

Joyner's allegory of the two trees in the Garden of Eden is an apt frame for explaining much of the Old Testament in terms of the New in an engaging, meaningful way.

On second reading: Found a few more nuggets, but also a few lumps of coal. Amazing what you miss--or misunderstand--the first time through--fiction or non-fiction. Still five st
Amy
Mar 25, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. Presented in a long sermon format, it expounds upon the revelation that God has given the author about the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life. I was inspired, and educated, and enlightened. I can't think of any specific thing I brought away from reading this book besides the fact that my life should be consumed and flow out of Jesus, and not out of doctrine itself.
Wendy
Jul 11, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Challenges the core of how I perceive right and wrong. Brings a lot of freedom to me!
Anna Stone
Aug 22, 2009 Anna Stone rated it it was amazing
A must!
Ramonita Rodriguez
omg...what a wonderful book! there were two trees...the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life...do you want eternal life? Adam and Eve selected the other one and it became their downfall...and this decision has been with us throughout our human history...but something...ehhhh...someone came down from heaven to show us the way...
Roxanne
Aug 17, 2015 Roxanne rated it really liked it
This is a book we are using in a Bible study group. It is about the conflict of the tree of life and living in the kingdom of God or not living it. It is a book for the heart.
Thomas
Mar 07, 2015 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To all
Recommended to Thomas by: Nowbody
Indsigtsgivende og forståelsesfremmende undervisning "af Rick Joyner" om henholdsvis Kain og Abels gøren.
En helt anden tone og på et helt andet pland, ind hvad vi er vant til, fra hans helt fantastiske serie om den sidste prøve etc.
Insight Qualifying and understanding education intervention "by Rick Joyner" respectively Cain and Abel comings.
A completely different tone and a different pland, than what we are used to from his fantastic series about the final quest etc.
Tharwat
Mar 09, 2014 Tharwat rated it it was amazing
Very good one!
Tammy Nelson
Dec 17, 2007 Tammy Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This is by far one of my favorite books. It challenges our western mindset that pursues knowledge above all else. It is Rick's first book, but I still consider it to be his best. He goes to the root of everything in this book.
Tiffany
Sep 15, 2008 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
deep as a water, this a thought provoking, incredible book, it reaches to the heavens with strong roots and truths that when applied are a propellant for spiritual growth, for becoming wine . . .
Karen
Sep 02, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
Gave me a new understanding of the two trees and how the eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil really caused the great divorce between God and man.
Melanie
Jul 13, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
I liked it. I loved the comparisons of the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. And how it shows up in our lives alot. Not just in the book of Genesis.
Melvin
Jan 17, 2008 Melvin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know of no one who better explains the choices we have to make, how we make them, how others make them, and their ultimate consequences.
Bracy Wevers
Jan 28, 2008 Bracy Wevers rated it it was amazing
Excellent book in seeing the difference between the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil..
John Bright jr
Oct 01, 2012 John Bright jr rated it it was amazing
good, the frist book i read when i started the walk with Christ
Will Sinclair
Dec 08, 2011 Will Sinclair rated it it was amazing
A must read for all Christians.
Patti
Sep 12, 2010 Patti rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books.
Ou
Mar 24, 2013 Ou rated it really liked it
Interesting book to read
Gary
Jan 13, 2009 Gary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kingdom-Minded Believers
Recommended to Gary by: Found it at a yard sale
Amazing insight into the reality that anything "of" the tree of Good & Evil is less that God's design for us, found ONLY in the Tree of Life. If we live by the tree of knowledge of Good & Evil, believing that "good" is "God" then we are deceived.
Nicholle Greaves
Mar 30, 2013 Nicholle Greaves rated it it was amazing
Thought Provoking!
Emelda R
Emelda R marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Maisha
Maisha rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Akinnubi Michael
Akinnubi Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Olufemi DAVIDS
Olufemi DAVIDS marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Dee Morris
Dee Morris marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Jonathan Brenneman
Jonathan Brenneman rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Snippets That Ins...: Free Choice? 1 1 Feb 06, 2016 06:43AM
  • Holiness Truth and Presence of
  • Passion For Jesus: Growing in Extravagant Love for God
  • Surprised by the Voice of God: How God Speaks Today Through Prophecies, Dreams, and Visions
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • Glory: Experiencing the Atmosphere of Heaven
  • Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With
  • The Fear of the Lord: Discover the Key to Intimately Knowing God (Inner Strength Series)
  • Christ the Healer
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
  • Hell's Best Kept Secret
  • Smith Wigglesworth: The Complete Collection of His Life Teachings
  • The Elijah Task: A handbook for prophets and intercessors (and for those who seek to understand these vital ministries)
  • God Meant it for Good
  • The Journal of John Wesley
  • Journal of the Unknown Prophet: A Visitation of Jesus Christ
  • Experiencing Father's Embrace
11919
He is the founder and executive director of MorningStar Ministries and Heritage International Ministries and is the Senior Pastor of MorningStar Fellowship Church. He is the author of more than forty books. Rick and his wife, Julie, have five children: Anna, Aaryn, Amber, Ben, and Sam.
More about Rick Joyner...