Start by marking “The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)” as Want to Read:
The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)

The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  339 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The Torch and the Sword is the long-awaited sequel to The Final Quest and The Call. This book continues the message that began in The Final Quest and continued in The Call. It is a call to live the
Published January 31st 2006 by Morningstar Publications (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Torch and the Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Torch and the Sword

Fred C. White
Jul 10, 2010 Fred C. White rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in end times and the prophetic
An important spiritual battle between good and evil is under way. Rick Joyner makes the case that it is now time to choose which side we are really on. No more can we profess to be Christians and mingle with worldly thoughts, attitudes and people. Both young and old have a place in this battle. We see from this book that it is an exciting time to serve in the Lord’s army. With his mighty weapons, believers are victorious. It is a compelling story that keeps readers attention and draws them into ...more
Amy
Oh how I want to walk in the heavenly realm and know what is going on like Rick Joyner did in his vision. This book is so good and helps me keep my eternal mindset. Nothing else matters but Jesus and seeing His kingdom come!
Zuri Garcia
Mar 15, 2014 Zuri Garcia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cualquiera que no sea un fanàtico religioso
Recommended to Zuri by: Nadie.
El mundo de los sueños es considerado por muchos como el hogar de la fantasìa, el misterio, y a veces, el sitio de nuestra mente en donde la verdad parece estar prisionera.

Ademàs, no son pocas las veces que muchas personas buscan en ellos respuestas importantes, asì como tambièn, la revelaciòn del futuro, el cual, por cierto, puede ser halagador..... o terrible.

Justamente es eso lo que Rick Joyner nos describe en su obra "La antorcha y la espada". Cargada de elementos de la Nueva Era, esotèricos
Ronald
I have read this book at least 3 times and I feel like I've only begun. One of my best reads ever! It picks up from where 'The Final Quest' and 'The Call' left off by the same author. This book is not infallible (only the Bible is) but it is utterly Biblical. It is relevant for growth in intimacy with God, teaching, counseling in ministry, etc. The trilogy is to me, one of the most profound prophetic revelations received in our times.
Tammy Nelson
Dec 17, 2007 Tammy Nelson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
This is the final book in the trilogy. It is quite different. The first two books were about a prophetic experience of maturing in Christ. This book is more of a vision of the future. The revelations are unexpected. Women play a huge role in the events of this book. It presents a complete paradigm shift from the way we view God's Kingdom. Challenging to read.
Amy Riccio
William Williams
If you are on a journey to serve the Lord, this is a must read book about a prophetic message given to those who would be warriors.
Carol
I love this book because I seek out men and women of God who operate with the gift of prophesy and seeing into the spirit realm. Rick Joyner is the real deal on both counts! This book is one of my all-time favorites along with the other books of his in this series. I love these books because of the visions and experiences he records. These stories give all of God’s people access into many important truths concerning the Kingdom of God. The points I most love about this book are:

1. There is a Riv
Crystal
Jun 12, 2008 Crystal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians passionate about their calling and open to the prophetic
Shelves: christian
it's hard to review this book. I really enjoyed it and read through it very quickly (probably helped that it's such a short read too), yet at the same time, I'd only read a chapter or so at a time and need to stop and digest what I'd read. there's a lot of food for thought in it. it's always interesting to read someone else's visions; I spent a lot of time comparing what Joyner wrote to what is in Scripture. I didn't find anything that was problematic for me. in fact, some of what he wrote, abou ...more
Wendy Withers
Very enlightening to the spiritual battle of the times!
Anne
Potentially the most important book I've ever read. I'm going to have to read and re-read this book for years. Everything in this vision rings true with what I see God doing right now. This book should be required reading for every Christian leader.
Jasminfrank
This book changed my life
Stacy
This series of books is life changing - The Final Quest, The Call, and The Torch and the Sword. They show where the Church is now and what needs to change. I've read all of them several years ago, but felt led to reread them now - they are amazingly accurate to where the church is today.
Shiloh
Oct 24, 2009 Shiloh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shiloh by: Brian and Lisa Skaggs
This is the third book in a series of prophetic revelations. A real easy read and very insightful. I highly recommend all the books in this series. It puts a lot of things in perspective and stirs a hunger for Jesus.
Melanie
Awesome book. It revealed to me the power of God in my life ! I gained knowledge to handle the current problem in my life which is my job.......to be the torchbearer no matter what ! God will redeem me.
Steve Cioccolanti
I try to get a wide variety of perspectives, and Rick Joyner offers me the prophetic and allegorical side. I have read many Rick Joyner books. Not disappointed to have read another one.
Sue
one summer I read all three books back-to-back-to-back.
the whole series will mess with your theology if you happen to be coming from a Traditional Church background.
Paul
I really feel this book is lesser known only because The Final Quest was so powerful. This was an excellent book, with many deep truths that have impacted me.
Sara
This is the other book in the series by Rick Joyner that I read. It's about a dream that he had from the Lord. It's intense, but well worth reading.
Natasha
Absolutely amazing book!!! A definite must-read for any Christian serious about following God.
Thato
Nov 08, 2012 Thato added it
Shelves: religious
All Rick's books are must reads. Insight into the coming war of the worlds.great book.
Lauren Schwartz
Continued where The Call left off. Just as inspiring as the previous two.
Lauren
Art's picture is in the back of the book advertizing the school.
Joe Guglielmo
This book was my favorite of the final quest series!!
Laityfamily
I've read it twice already
Josephine Morakinyo
This book was so inspiring!!
Michael Jones
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • Gods Generals Volume 1: Why They Succeeded and Why Some Fail
  • Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics
  • The Seven Longings of the Human Heart
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • In Capable Arms: Living a Life Embraced by Grace
  • Spiritual Authority
  • The Blood Covenant
  • The Ransomed Heart: A Collection of Devotional Readings
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
11919
He is the founder and executive director of MorningStar Ministries and Heritage International Ministries and is the Senior Pastor of MorningStar Fellowship Church. He is the author of more than forty books. Rick and his wife, Julie, have five children: Anna, Aaryn, Amber, Ben, and Sam.
More about Rick Joyner...
The Final Quest The Call There Were Two Trees in the Garden (Divine Destiny) The Vision: A Two-In-One Volume of the Final Quest and the Call The Harvest