Start by marking “The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)” as Want to Read:
The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)

The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  396 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The Torch and the Sword is the long-awaited sequel to The Final Quest and The Call. This book continues the message that began in The Final Quest and continued in The Call. It is a call to live the
Published January 31st 2006 by Morningstar Publications (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Torch and the Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Torch and the Sword

Amy
Aug 17, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
Oh how I want to walk in the heavenly realm and know what is going on like Rick Joyner did in his vision. This book is so good and helps me keep my eternal mindset. Nothing else matters but Jesus and seeing His kingdom come!
Fred C. White
Jul 10, 2010 Fred C. White rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those interested in end times and the prophetic
An important spiritual battle between good and evil is under way. Rick Joyner makes the case that it is now time to choose which side we are really on. No more can we profess to be Christians and mingle with worldly thoughts, attitudes and people. Both young and old have a place in this battle. We see from this book that it is an exciting time to serve in the Lord’s army. With his mighty weapons, believers are victorious. It is a compelling story that keeps readers attention and draws them into ...more
Zuri Garcia
Mar 15, 2014 Zuri Garcia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cualquiera que no sea un fanàtico religioso
Recommended to Zuri by: Nadie.
El mundo de los sueños es considerado por muchos como el hogar de la fantasìa, el misterio, y a veces, el sitio de nuestra mente en donde la verdad parece estar prisionera.

Ademàs, no son pocas las veces que muchas personas buscan en ellos respuestas importantes, asì como tambièn, la revelaciòn del futuro, el cual, por cierto, puede ser halagador..... o terrible.

Justamente es eso lo que Rick Joyner nos describe en su obra "La antorcha y la espada". Cargada de elementos de la Nueva Era, esotèricos
Ronald
Jan 16, 2012 Ronald rated it it was amazing
I have read this book at least 3 times and I feel like I've only begun. One of my best reads ever! It picks up from where 'The Final Quest' and 'The Call' left off by the same author. This book is not infallible (only the Bible is) but it is utterly Biblical. It is relevant for growth in intimacy with God, teaching, counseling in ministry, etc. The trilogy is to me, one of the most profound prophetic revelations received in our times.
Tammy Nelson
Dec 17, 2007 Tammy Nelson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
This is the final book in the trilogy. It is quite different. The first two books were about a prophetic experience of maturing in Christ. This book is more of a vision of the future. The revelations are unexpected. Women play a huge role in the events of this book. It presents a complete paradigm shift from the way we view God's Kingdom. Challenging to read.
Amy Riccio
Feb 21, 2014 Amy Riccio rated it it was amazing
William Williams
Jan 12, 2014 William Williams rated it really liked it
If you are on a journey to serve the Lord, this is a must read book about a prophetic message given to those who would be warriors.
Carol
I love this book because I seek out men and women of God who operate with the gift of prophesy and seeing into the spirit realm. Rick Joyner is the real deal on both counts! This book is one of my all-time favorites along with the other books of his in this series. I love these books because of the visions and experiences he records. These stories give all of God’s people access into many important truths concerning the Kingdom of God. The points I most love about this book are:

1. There is a Riv
Crystal
Jun 12, 2008 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians passionate about their calling and open to the prophetic
Shelves: christian
it's hard to review this book. I really enjoyed it and read through it very quickly (probably helped that it's such a short read too), yet at the same time, I'd only read a chapter or so at a time and need to stop and digest what I'd read. there's a lot of food for thought in it. it's always interesting to read someone else's visions; I spent a lot of time comparing what Joyner wrote to what is in Scripture. I didn't find anything that was problematic for me. in fact, some of what he wrote, abou ...more
Charles Warner
Dec 23, 2015 Charles Warner rated it it was amazing
This book is a call to action!
This book is to be lived out not just read!
This book is fast forward in seeking God's heart having eyes to see and ears to hear as Holy Ghost leads.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Love those who hurt you, give Living Water to your enemies and watch the ravenous wolves drink deep of this Living Water. I drink deep of this Living Water, I bow before my King Jesus letting His love His Blood wash over me. I once was lost but now I
Yve-Anne
Oct 30, 2015 Yve-Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this third in the series. About to start the next one...so it's obviously worth reading these books if you want to travel down this road.
Wendy Withers
May 16, 2014 Wendy Withers rated it it was amazing
Very enlightening to the spiritual battle of the times!
Anne
Apr 12, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing
Potentially the most important book I've ever read. I'm going to have to read and re-read this book for years. Everything in this vision rings true with what I see God doing right now. This book should be required reading for every Christian leader.
Jasminfrank
Jun 14, 2014 Jasminfrank rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life
Tharwat
Mar 09, 2014 Tharwat rated it it was amazing
Anointed!
Stacy
Jun 22, 2009 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This series of books is life changing - The Final Quest, The Call, and The Torch and the Sword. They show where the Church is now and what needs to change. I've read all of them several years ago, but felt led to reread them now - they are amazingly accurate to where the church is today.
Shiloh
Oct 24, 2009 Shiloh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shiloh by: Brian and Lisa Skaggs
This is the third book in a series of prophetic revelations. A real easy read and very insightful. I highly recommend all the books in this series. It puts a lot of things in perspective and stirs a hunger for Jesus.
Melanie
Sep 02, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. It revealed to me the power of God in my life ! I gained knowledge to handle the current problem in my life which is my job.......to be the torchbearer no matter what ! God will redeem me.
Steve Cioccolanti
Jul 10, 2012 Steve Cioccolanti rated it it was amazing
I try to get a wide variety of perspectives, and Rick Joyner offers me the prophetic and allegorical side. I have read many Rick Joyner books. Not disappointed to have read another one.
Sue
Aug 17, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
one summer I read all three books back-to-back-to-back.
the whole series will mess with your theology if you happen to be coming from a Traditional Church background.
Paul
Sep 06, 2008 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really feel this book is lesser known only because The Final Quest was so powerful. This was an excellent book, with many deep truths that have impacted me.
Sara
Jul 26, 2007 Sara rated it it was amazing
This is the other book in the series by Rick Joyner that I read. It's about a dream that he had from the Lord. It's intense, but well worth reading.
Natasha
Jan 14, 2015 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book!!! A definite must-read for any Christian serious about following God.
Thato
Nov 08, 2012 Thato added it
Shelves: religious
All Rick's books are must reads. Insight into the coming war of the worlds.great book.
Lauren Schwartz
Feb 27, 2010 Lauren Schwartz rated it it was amazing
Continued where The Call left off. Just as inspiring as the previous two.
Lauren
Sep 10, 2008 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Art's picture is in the back of the book advertizing the school.
Joe Guglielmo
May 26, 2013 Joe Guglielmo rated it it was amazing
This book was my favorite of the final quest series!!
Laityfamily
Jan 10, 2010 Laityfamily rated it it was amazing
I've read it twice already
Josephine Morakinyo
Jul 03, 2013 Josephine Morakinyo rated it it was amazing
This book was so inspiring!!
Michael Jones
  • John G. Lake: His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • The Divine Romance
  • The Supernatural Ways of Royalty: Discovering Your Rights and Privileges of Being a Son or Daughter of God
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • God's Favorite House
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence
  • Gods Generals Volume 1: Why They Succeeded and Why Some Fail
11919
He is the founder and executive director of MorningStar Ministries and Heritage International Ministries and is the Senior Pastor of MorningStar Fellowship Church. He is the author of more than forty books. Rick and his wife, Julie, have five children: Anna, Aaryn, Amber, Ben, and Sam.
More about Rick Joyner...