Start by marking “Growing in the Prophetic” as Want to Read:
Growing in the Prophetic

Growing in the Prophetic

As churches across the country struggle to determine the proper place for the prophetic in their congregations as well as guidelines for the operation of prophecy, the lessons learned by Mike Brickle provide a starting point.
Published 2008 by Charisma House (first published July 15th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Growing in the Prophetic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growing in the Prophetic

Malak Sabri
Jul 20, 2012 Malak Sabri rated it really liked it
Recommended to Malak by: Hye Sung
Shelves: christianity
A friend of mine bought me this book because he knew I would never read the PDF version he sent me, and I am so glad he did! This book is absolutely phenomenal. I know some of you might have issues with Bickle, I did without even really knowing him or what he taught. He just always gave me a bad vibe for no reason. But I assure you he is a great teacher, very humble and honest. You will appreciate this book, especially if you are someone who really desires to grow in the prophetic but does not k ...more
Ron
Nov 19, 2009 Ron rated it really liked it
Common sense from a recognized leader. A must read for those who are experiencing prophetic ministry and those around them.

Be warned: this is no license for ecstatic chaos, but a faith and experience based discussion of the potentials and pitfalls of prophetic ministry.

Kelly Sapp
Jul 19, 2012 Kelly Sapp rated it it was amazing
A timely tool recommended to me by dear friends in the faith as I was discovering that God wanted to use me prophetically, and it was scaring the H--- out of me. Sound strange?

Prophecy was strange to Mike Bickle, too, and was not part of his denomination or training, and God tapped him on the shoulder and made a believer out of him.

This is solid biblically, and is humorously true. Sometimes, prophetic people are a little bit "off," or different than the norm. We don't fit in, we dress weird, we
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Revelation itself is not going to help the body unless it goes through the process of interpretation and application. Again, the application is the action that should be taken based on the interpretation." ~ Mike Bickle, "Growing in the Prophetic", Page 201, Paragraph 2.

I have read the early work of this book produced in the year 1995. However, this book is still applicable to today despite its age. Remember, truth never ages. It is like gold, that endures for eternity. I am sure that Mike Bick
Jonathan G
Feb 02, 2014 Jonathan G rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy, understanding
This is a fantastic book on operating in the prophetic for beginners or intermediate level prophets. If you're just encountered prophecy and don't have a clue what's happened, this is biblically solid, has Bible references everywhere, and has tons of practical advice and stories of what not to do.

If you're already familiar with and flow in the prophetic, this provides a well rounded view that will fill-in gaps you've been missing.
Easily, this is the book I most often recommend regarding prophec
Virgil
Mar 09, 2012 Virgil rated it it was ok
A very charismatic book. Its definitely leaning in that direction. As a Reformed person, the focus is too great on it, but I gave it 3 stars because it is rich with wisdom on how to go about the Charismatic movement today. Even from a reformed position, this book is good to read and learn from for the sake of allowing the gifts to operate in the modern church.
Glenn
May 29, 2014 Glenn rated it liked it
I would like to write an extensive review at a later time. But for now, the strength of "Seeking the Prophetic" is years of pastoral wisdom in handling prophetic ministry in a local church setting. The weakness of the writing is Bickle's bible interpretation skills, he has a tendency to use verses out of context especially in the O.T.
Laurene Lee
Oct 27, 2013 Laurene Lee rated it it was amazing
Great for those moving in the prophetic but surprisingly also very good for the leaders and pastors who work with them. Helpful for those who are gifted prophetically as well as those called to be a prophet. Well rounded and balanced
Michele Bigney
Jan 19, 2015 Michele Bigney rated it it was amazing
This is a great practical guide to growing in your spiritual gifts. It will help with understanding the differences between dreams and visions, and other spiritual gifts. I would definitely recommend to someone who is seeking a closer relationship with Christ.
Sjlovealive
Dec 30, 2007 Sjlovealive rated it it was amazing
Honest book that draws denominations together instead of focusing on those things with tear the church apart.
Andrew Sharpe
Sep 27, 2009 Andrew Sharpe rated it it was amazing
SOBER information on what the prophetic is & isn't. Also talks about a lot of the mistakes that have been made.
Josiah
Jul 09, 2015 Josiah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very practical discussions about growing in the prophetic, especially as a church body.
Audrey
Oct 12, 2016 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for those being introduced to the prophetic. Love it!
Zach Acito
Zach Acito rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Mary Louise
Mary Louise rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Lydia Anderson
Lydia Anderson rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Ricardo Meneghelli
Ricardo Meneghelli rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Tiffany Schultz
Tiffany Schultz rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Darren Hibbs
Darren Hibbs rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
t Mccarthy
t Mccarthy rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
America Santana
America Santana rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Robert Nogotey
Robert Nogotey rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Mancil Carroll
Mancil Carroll rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
Millicent Cullum
Millicent Cullum rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Colleen Yard
Colleen Yard rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2017
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2013
Michael Zhuang
Michael Zhuang rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Sharon Luzzi
Sharon Luzzi rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • Are Miraculous Gifts for Today?: Four Views (Counterpoints Series)
  • The Prophetic Ministry
  • Surprised by the Power of the Spirit: Discovering How God Speaks and Heals Today
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • Developing Your Prophetic Gifting
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • The Ultimate Treasure Hunt: A Guide to Supernatural Evangelism Through Supernatural Encounters
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • Secrets of the Secret Place: Keys to Igniting Your Personal Time with God
  • The Glory Within: The Interior Life and the Power of Speaking in Tongues
  • Christ the Healer
  • Rees Howells: Intercessor
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Experiencing God Through Prayer
  • Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heaven's Agenda
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
Mike Bickle is the director of the International House of Prayer Missions Base of Kansas City, an evangelical missions organization based on 24/7 prayer with worship that is engaged in many evangelistic and inner city outreaches along with multiple justice initiatives, planting houses of prayer, and training missionaries.

The International House of Prayer has continued in non-stop prayer led by wor
More about Mike Bickle...

“If we have the Word without the Spirit, we dry up. If we have the Spirit without the Word, we blow up. But if we have the Word and the Spirit, we grow up.” 1 likes
“No matter how great the power is that the Holy Spirit releases through a prophet, we are to focus our hearts and attention first on loving, worshiping, and obeying Jesus.” 0 likes