Start by marking “Sugarplums and Scandal (Includes: Love at Stake, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Sugarplums and Scandal (Includes: Love at Stake, #2.5)

Sugarplums and Scandal (Love at Stake #2.5)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,554 ratings  ·  59 reviews
SUGARPLUMS AND SCANDAL brings together the best of romance and mystery in one delightful collection of Christmas tales. In the expert hands of six of Avon's best storytellers, the holiday season takes on an air of love and scandalous surprises! Filled with Christmas miracles, romance, and suspense, this will make the perfect gift for both romance and mystery fans. Each aut ...more
Published by Avon (first published October 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sugarplums and Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugarplums and Scandal

Soraia
A Very Vampy ChristmasKerrelyn Sparks

This is actually the only short story I read in this anthology but for those who follow Love at Stake, it's worth it. It's a follow up of the second book in the series, Vamps and the City, and Maggie got the job at DVN. She is a leading actress in "As a Vampire Turns" playing the part of Don Orlando de Corazon's lover.

Their story is great, filled with hilarious details. I never thought Sparks would make me like Don Orlando but the twist to his story was v
Amanda
I got this book for the Kerrelyn Sparks story and it did not diappoint. The tale of Maggie and her "Don Orlando" and finding our who he really is was entertaining and fun. This story takes place after book 2 but before book 4 since Ian is still young, therefore it is before he takes the stay-awake potion in Texas in book 4. I really love the characters that Kerrelyn writes and look forward to the next installment in her series. This story was a nice little bridge between stories. And I always li ...more
Missy Jane
It was a struggle on what to rate this book because there were so many stories in it. Honestly almost all of them were 4 star worthy, but one dragged so much at the beginning I didn't even finish it. That's kind of rare for me. However, the whole reason I picked up this book was for Kerrelyn Sparks' story A Very Vampy Christmas, part of her Love at Stake series. My only real complain about it and the other stories I read is they are all HFN endings rather than HEA. But overall they are individua ...more
Manuela
ok I was disappointed. I read of course the Kerrelyn Sparks story first (while I was reading all her other books from the Love at Stakes series). Apart from one other story this little short story collection was pretty disappointing (oh I said that already).
The third star goes to "Partners in Crime" by Cait London. I loved Joe Berenger and although his love interest does suffer from OHCD she is quite cute and lovable. Joe agrees because he stays around and together they find a way around her ne
Sara
Found this book to be rushed and characters were annoying didn't enjoy it at all :(
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
I think that I have been mislead by this book. It was supposed to be romance/mystery. So far 2 mysteries and 1 kiss. 1 Kiss does not constitute a romance story in my book. Noticing a guy is good looking, isn't enough either.

I am going to make it through this book just because it has a short from the Love at Stake series.

Lori Avacato- All I want for Christmas.1 Star I liked the humor, but that was about all. The plot was sketchy, underdeveloped and unrealistic. There was a mystery but no Romanc
Ren
Jan 09, 2011 Ren rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Love at Stake series fans...
Just read A Very Vampy Christmas by Kerrelyn Sparks

The story featuring Maggie O' Brian, and her hero Don Orlando de Corazon...

Maggie is a fans of Don Orlando,a vampire actor, but when she knows he is a womanizing pig, she is resist him. And then she join him in vampire soap opera and realze maybe she is not hate him, yet...

Don Orlando himself, has a weakness, he has an amnesia.He dont know his true identity before he become vampire. So, with help of Maggie, he search his past. They go to New Orl
Karen Keyte
This collection includes six short mystery stories set around the holidays. Most of them also have at least a hint of romance and you’ll even come across a Christmas miracle or two. None of the selections are earth-shattering but, as with all anthologies, they give you an introduction to authors you may never have read otherwise, which is why I like to use collections like this one as a way to ‘test drive’ for writers whose works I’ve been thinking about reading. Overall, this is a passable grou ...more
Annie
I only read the Kerrelyn Sparks story. It was a nice little story and another Happily Ever After for some more of the characters from Love at Stake.

I didnt really connect with Maggie, but that was ok - story was still cute. We all have messed up families and things we would rather forget. All in all it is a nice short and I would recommend it for anyone who is a Love at Stake fan.
Wendy
Originally I was only planning on reading Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake story -- A Very Vampy Christmas, but since it is December I decided to go ahead and get in the Christmas mood with a little Holiday reading.

I have to say that I was not too impressed with the first 3 stories in the book. It was very apparent that the characters in the stories were from series that I have not read and that caused the short stories hard to follow. I really felt like I had missed a lot and jumped into the stor
Lenna Wright-Berry
I only ready A Very Vampy Christmas by Kerrelyn Sparks, and this was a very good story and I was know what mostly happened when I read the other books but it was nice to actually read Maggie and Pierce (Don Orlando) story, and what really happened to Pierce when a voodoo priestess used a love spell and a memory spell on poor Pierce and who he was turned by Tootsie and Scarlet in New Orleans. With the help of 15 year old looking Ian McPhie Maggie and Peerce they find his family and his were shift ...more
Juuli
Hindan vaid Kerrelyn Sparksi lugu "A Very Vampy Christmas".
Maggie meeldis mulle juba sarja teises raamatus "Vamps and the City" ja ma lootisn väga, et ta unistus töötada koos don Orlando de Corazoniga täitub. Siis avalikustas Corky kõik need jubedad lood don Orlando kohta ning Maggiet näis ees ootavat väga sünge periood.
Kerrelyn Sparks andis vastulöögi ja kirjutas lühiromaani Maggiest ja don Orlandost. Naljaka loo, mis oli samas väga südamlik ja kohati ka jahmatav ning avas sarja jaoks hoopis uu
Lavendersbluegreen
I just love Holiday Stories!! This was a terrific anthology with some great authors I knew and some I did not... more additions to the TBR list! What a feast for a holiday story fan! Multiple good authors each contributed tales of mystery and romance.
Suzanne Macpherson - Holly Go Lightly
Kerrelyn Sparks - A Very Vampy Christmas
Lori Avocato - All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
Dana Cameron - The Lords Of Misrule &
Mary Daheim - The Ghost Of Christmas Passed
Kouk
This review is for the short story ''A very vampy Christmas'' by Kerrelyn Sparks.
It is part of her Love at stake series.

In this cute story Maggie helps co star Don Orlando to find out more about his past.
They are both stars of the Digital Vampire Network soap ''As a vampire turns''

Don has amnesia and can't remember anything before he was turned vampire.
He and Maggie set out to find out who he really is and discover some interesting things!
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Every story has a twist to it, and they vary between historical and modern day stories. All of these novellas have a true love that comes through and is usually unexpected. This is a Christmas book I've read before and will read again. I really enjoyed finding out how Maggie and Pierce got together from K. Sparks Love at Stake series, we hear about them together in her books and here we can see how. Good read!!
Cheryl
Rating only for A Very Vampy Christmas – Kerrelyn Sparks
Crystal
Alright, this was a whole lot of "what the hay?" So the rating is rounded UP. The first tale... Umm...chicklit? Kinda dumb. Second had some...issues. Third one was... Huh?! Fourth had a OCD chick who would drive ME nuts, Fifth one was pretty cute, last one...Ok, I've read most all of Sparks' series so I was more than a little puzzled at the H/h both expressing surprise at the thought of shifters.
Jen.
As of today, the only one I have read in this series is Kerrelyn Sparks. I started to read one of the other ones and couldn't get into it. It will be one of those books I go back to just to see if I can get into any of the other authors. The Kerrelyn Sparks story is quick and it fills in nicely to the Love at Stake series.
A-Hersia A
Surprisingly sweet.. Here i was, thinking they wont be a couple at all. But Then You surprised me again Kerrelyn. I am so happy for both of them. And you introduced us to a new species. His sister. A were-rabit right? That's so cute. Hey. I did felt bad for Ian. I hope he'll have a girl of his own. Arent they all sweet
Aubin
pianogal
I only read the Kerrilyn Sparks story - and am I ever sorry I wasted the time. I don't know why I keep reading this series. It's a little to campy for me. But here I am, back for more. I missed this one the first time around, so my timeline was even off. Ugh. Read it. Check it off the list. Moving on.
Nell
Fun and enjoyable collection of short stories with a Christmas theme. All I want for Christmas, Ghost of Christmas passed, Holly Go lightly were the strongest stories. A very vampy Christmas was weak and nonsensical. Lords of Misrule was ok but the first person voice was poorly handled.
Marge
I only read the Kerrilyn Sparks' story, A Very Vampy Christmas. I am currently reading her "Love At Stakes" series and this was story #3 in the series. I plan to read the other stories in this anthology at another time. Rating is based on the Kerrilyn Sparks' story ONLY.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
I've only read A Very Vampy Christmas (pages 243-327) since I'm trying to read the Love at Stake series in order.

It was short and sweet. It's nice to know Don Orlando wasn't a manwhore. And that Maggie found someone to take care of and that will take care of her.
Serena
After reading the other Kerelyn Sparks books, I got this one. And I still wonder why I did that. So many stories, and so little space... It felt as if several pages were missing form each story. I had lots of trouble to get inside the story, before it ended.
Linda
I really enjoyed these storeies. There were a couple of authors that I had read before so I knew characters in these stories but I also enjoyed the stories by authors that I had not read before. All together a fun Christmas read.
Tamara
I gave this 4 instead of five because I didn't like all the stories, the last 3 were great! The Kerrilyn Sparks story was awesome! and I really liked Holly Go Lightly, But the first couple were kinda blah! Not really love stories.
Lelah
I only read three of the five stories, and the ones I read were entertaining enough (1,2, and 4). I do think the collection was misrepresented on the cover...not much scandal and nothing particularly scary about any of these.
Angie
I only read the Kerrelyn Sparks story, A Very Vampy Christmas which I enjoyed since I had wondered what had happened to Maggie, who was once a member of Roman's harem. Don Orlando is not who he seems, which is a good thing!
Dawn ♥ romance
I only read Kerrelyn Sparks story and although short, I found it to be an enjoyable contribution to the series with familiar humor and characters. Maggie digs deeper into playboy Don Orlando character at Christmas time.
  • A Very Vampy Christmas (Love at Stake, #2.5)
  • Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau, #12.5; Offspring, #2.5; Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • The Real Werewives of Vampire County (Guardians of Eternity, #8.5)
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1) One Dead Under the Cuckoo's Nest (Pauline Sokol, #3) The Stiff and the Dead (Pauline Sokol, #2) Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol #4) Nip, Tuck, Dead (Pauline Sokol, #5)