The Lost Barkscrolls: The Edge Chronicles

The Lost Barkscrolls: The Edge Chronicles (The Edge Chronicles)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  13 reviews
These exciting tales are ideal for those new to the Edge or as an addition to the collection of any fan. They feature stories from each of the Edge trilogies: one from the time of Twig, one from the time of Quint, Twig's father, and one from the time of Rook, Twig's grandson. Meet well-known characters from the Edgeworld and get a tantalising glimpse into the last Edge nov...more
Published September 4th 2008 by Corgi Childrens (first published 2001)

Stormchaser by Paul StewartBeyond the Deepwoods by Paul StewartThe Last of the Sky Pirates by Paul StewartMidnight Over Sanctaphrax by Paul StewartThe Curse of the Gloamglozer by Paul Stewart
Best Fantasy/Adventure Books
9th out of 25 books — 4 voters
The Shadows by Jacqueline WestMagyk by Angie SageSpellbound by Jacqueline WestThe Hound of Rowan by Henry H. NeffJack Blank and the Imagine Nation by Matt Myklusch
More Potential Fantasy Classics
26th out of 68 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Matthew Downes
The category that this book fits into on the bingo board is "3 short stories by the same author".

I decided to read this book because I have read other books by this author and have enjoyed them. It also fitted quite well into the bingo board, which was a bonus.

I liked how the short stories fitted into the main plot of all the other books, and how they explained in depth some of the interesting and sometimes ambiguous parts of the stories.

I thought that there could have been some stories about...more
An Odd1
"The Lost Barkscrolls" by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/edgec...
Bones smash to dust to protect the peace-loving Free Glades; hot blood spilled to save soft warm glowing beauty. "He never tired of the view" p259, nor have I. The extraspecial individuals in the fantastical Edge world tell intricate histories in their powerfully personal portraits. There are no small roles; anyone can save everyone. A constant theme of lost souls, overcoming odds to find belonging,...more
Ariel
Plot: This is actually a collection of four short stories, but all four were beautifully written. They fill in a few gaps between the trilogies, so the crazy fans (like myself! haha) can be fulfilled in knowing what happened in between.

Characters: Maugin has ALWAYS been my favorite character, even when she was first introduced in book one. So her story was by far my favorite. I did like Keris though, despite my eternal disappointment in Twig not marrying Maugin instead of Keris's slaughterer mom...more
Vixen
this is a great book. it filled in alot of pieces i was yearning for, especially since i read the immortals first, and it told me things but never explained them. and we finally get to meet keris, twigs daughter. she was super neat. and rufus, xanths son was amazing! the stone pilot, maugins sotry was so sad, especially since i knew what would happen to her from the immortals. quints naming story was pretty epic as well! its like a prequel to the whole series. its fantastic.
Duane
I'm a big fan of the Edge Chronicles so I was excited to get a chance to revisit their world. Following the characters, places, and creatures that make this seris so interesting, we get to find out more information about the times and adventures Edge characters experience. A great series for young readers who are reluctant readers because the illustrations in this book are awesome. A great addition to a great series.
Emily
I have enjoyed the other books by this author and decided to read this one. It was still amazing but not quite as exciting as his other novels.
Stephanie Allen
Great addition to the Edge Chronicles. The first three stories fill in some of the gaps and the fourth story is a brand new adventure!
Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books
I started reading "The Edge Chronicles" when I was 16. The world presented in the pages of each and every book in this series (which spans 3 trilogies, a couple fo tie in books and a final book that wraps up the stories of each of the main characters in the 3 trilogies).

This book recounts 4 tales that fit in with each of the trilogies and expands on some of the smaller characters, as well as the world of The Edge as a whole.

Cloud Wolf

As anyone who has read "The Edge Chronicles" knows, Cloud Wo...more
Tegan
Read this in the first half hour of my English class, I definitely prefer PNR but this was ok
Floyd
Awesome addition to the Edge Chronicles series. If your a fan it is a must read.
Sue
I'm addicted to these books and so pleased they've released Cloud Wolf again
Vicky
Still enjoying this series. 1 more to go, it has been a journey.
Matthew Young
great books inside
Annia
Annia added it
Apr 13, 2014
Haaley Lawley
Haaley Lawley marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Josef Schmidt
Josef Schmidt marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Herr Lemmy
Herr Lemmy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Jacob Boorsma
Jacob Boorsma marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Frank Hu
Frank Hu marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Raphael
Raphael marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Emma Comer
Emma Comer marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
  • Tomorrow's Magic
  • Meridian v. 1: Flying Solo
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • The Spook's Bestiary (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles)
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #5)
  • Under the Green Hill
  • The Wyverns' Treasure (Nathaniel Fludd Beastologist, #3)
  • Can Such Things Be?
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Ravenwood (Ravenwood #1)
  • The Mousehunter (Mousehunter Trilogy, #1)
  • The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic
  • The Skein of Lament (Braided Path, #2)
  • Tales Of Deltora
  • Mothstorm (Larklight, #3)
  • Ottoline Goes to School
  • The Tiger's Egg (The Wednesday Tales, #2)
  • The Giant-Slayer
Paul Stewart is a writer of children's books, best known for the bestselling The Edge Chronicles, the Free Lance novels and the Far Flung Adventures series among others. Many of his books are illustrated by Chris Riddell. Paul Stewart lives in the Seaside town Brighton with his wife and children.
-----------------------------------
From Wikipedia: Paul Stewart (writer). (2008, September 18). In Wiki...more
More about Paul Stewart...
Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles, #1) Stormchaser (The Edge Chronicles, #2) The Curse of the Gloamglozer (The Edge Chronicles, #4) Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (Edge Chronicles, #3) The Last of the Sky Pirates (Edge Chronicles, #5)