Start by marking “The Edge Chronicles Standalone: The Lost Barkscrolls” as Want to Read:
The Edge Chronicles Standalone: The Lost Barkscrolls

The Edge Chronicles Standalone: The Lost Barkscrolls (The Edge Chronicles (chronological))

These exciting tales are ideal for those new to the Edge, or as an addition to the collection of any fan. The Lost Barkscrolls include the stories CLOUD WOLF, THE SLAUGHTERER'S QUEST, THE BLOODING OF RUFUS FILATINE and THE STONE PILOT.

Unfortunately, this book is no longer in print. However, These four stories have now been included in the four most recent UK editions of th
Published September 16th 2008 by Corgi (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Edge Chronicles Standalone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge Chronicles Standalone

Mona Moon
Feb 26, 2013 Mona Moon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Companion books are great, even more when they include short stories! Being a huge fan of the series, it felt awesome to gain even more information about the world and lovely characters #teammaugin
It says a lot that people (in particular children) are still not weary of The Edge Chronicles after 8 books (each one is huge compared to the average children's book). I don't think there is another series where I read that many books and still loved every single one.
I felt that there was a lot of unkn
Lisa
Jan 23, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I read the third book, 'The Slaughterer's Quest', since I'm rereading The Edge Chronicles chronologically. Lovely story!

UPDATE: Haven't finished the story yet, but planning to finish it this evening. Switching to another edition because my copy has 438 pages. Reading 'The Blooding of Rufus Filatine'.
Lisa
Jan 02, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Finished The Blooding of Rufus Filatine. Amazing.
An Odd1
Apr 16, 2012 An Odd1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
"The Lost Barkscrolls" by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/edgec...
Bones smash to dust to protect the peace-loving Free Glades; hot blood spilled to save soft warm glowing beauty. "He never tired of the view" p259, nor have I. The extraspecial individuals in the fantastical Edge world tell intricate histories in their powerfully personal portraits. There are no small roles; anyone can save everyone. A constant theme of lost souls, overcoming odds to find belonging,
Ben
Oct 17, 2012 Ben rated it liked it
A delightful addition to the Edge Chronicles, complete with the usual excellent illustrations from Chris Riddell and a very helpful timeline to help us place the stories.

One of the things I appreciated was having more female protagonists for a change. Another was the filling in of little gaps which seemed to be missing from the main Chronicles, giving the whole history a more full feeling as well as a chance to touch on some of the races or characters which had previously only had passing mentio
Ariel
Jan 07, 2011 Ariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plot: This is actually a collection of four short stories, but all four were beautifully written. They fill in a few gaps between the trilogies, so the crazy fans (like myself! haha) can be fulfilled in knowing what happened in between.

Characters: Maugin has ALWAYS been my favorite character, even when she was first introduced in book one. So her story was by far my favorite. I did like Keris though, despite my eternal disappointment in Twig not marrying Maugin instead of Keris's slaughterer mom
Matthew Downes
Sep 11, 2011 Matthew Downes rated it it was amazing
The category that this book fits into on the bingo board is "3 short stories by the same author".

I decided to read this book because I have read other books by this author and have enjoyed them. It also fitted quite well into the bingo board, which was a bonus.

I liked how the short stories fitted into the main plot of all the other books, and how they explained in depth some of the interesting and sometimes ambiguous parts of the stories.

I thought that there could have been some stories about
Duane
Dec 10, 2010 Duane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of the Edge Chronicles so I was excited to get a chance to revisit their world. Following the characters, places, and creatures that make this seris so interesting, we get to find out more information about the times and adventures Edge characters experience. A great series for young readers who are reluctant readers because the illustrations in this book are awesome. A great addition to a great series.
Kay
Jul 22, 2011 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
this is a great book. it filled in alot of pieces i was yearning for, especially since i read the immortals first, and it told me things but never explained them. and we finally get to meet keris, twigs daughter. she was super neat. and rufus, xanths son was amazing! the stone pilot, maugins sotry was so sad, especially since i knew what would happen to her from the immortals. quints naming story was pretty epic as well! its like a prequel to the whole series. its fantastic.
Rachel Mckitterick
Ohh I LOVE this series so much it makes me feel like crying (in a good way!) This book of short stories from the series is PERFECT when im needing my "Edge Chronicle" fix. This is one of those, that even at the very end, makes me want to turn back to the beginning, and start reading all over again. I cant see myself getting sick of these books. They are just too good. 5 Stars for the first 3 stories and 3.5 for the last. Still, overall the whole book is still worth 5 stars.
Kimber
Jul 10, 2011 Kimber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Wonderful addition to the Edge Chronicles series. This short story edition provides background information and provides answers to questions that other novels in the series left open to imagination. If you are an Edge Chronicles fan this is a must read!
Stephanie M. Allen
Great addition to the Edge Chronicles. The first three stories fill in some of the gaps and the fourth story is a brand new adventure!
Emily
Jan 12, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed the other books by this author and decided to read this one. It was still amazing but not quite as exciting as his other novels.
Jonathan Young
Feb 15, 2015 Jonathan Young rated it liked it
The stories were short and were still slow paced. The stories were fine and nice enough just lacking I felt...
Lifegoeson
Lifegoeson rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Katherine Basallo
Katherine Basallo rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Fin
Fin rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Andy Herschell
Andy Herschell rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Leemccormick13
Leemccormick13 rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Steve Wu
Steve Wu rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Char
Char rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Milena
Milena rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Cordeliade
Cordeliade rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Teshia
Teshia rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Katy
Katy rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Annie Boismenu
Annie Boismenu rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
James McNeill
James McNeill rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Jens
Jens rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
  • Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus)
  • Guardian of the Green Hill (Under the Green Hill)
  • Ottoline at Sea (Ottoline, #3)
  • The Fire King (The Invisible Order, #2)
  • Meridian, Vol. 1: Flying Solo
  • 1900, Morgenrød
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #5)
  • Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh (Theodosia Throckmorton, #4)
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • The Spook's Bestiary (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles)
  • Ravenwood (Ravenwood #1)
  • Dragons of Deltora: Special Edition, Books 3 & 4
  • The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic
  • Can Such Things Be?
  • A Practical Guide to Monsters (Practical Guides)
  • Hamish X and the Cheese Pirates
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • The Stone Light (Dark Reflections, #2)
Paul Stewart is a highly regarded author of books for young readers – from picture books to football stories, fantasy and horror. Together with Chris Riddell he is co-creator of the bestselling Edge Chronicles, which has sold more than three million copies and is available in over twenty languages. They have also collaborated together on lots of other exciting books for children of all ages. The F ...more
More about Paul Stewart...

The Edge Chronicles (chronological) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Edge Chronicles 1: The  Curse of the Gloamglozer: First Book of Quint
  • The Edge Chronicles 2: The Winter Knights: Second Book of Quint
  • The Edge Chronicles 3: The Clash of the Sky Galleons: Third Book of Quint
  • Beyond the Deepwoods  (The Edge Chronicles: The Twig Saga #1)
  • The Edge Chronicles 5: Stormchaser: Second Book of Twig