Magic Tree House: #1-28 [Magic Tree House Library]

Magic Tree House: #1-28 [Magic Tree House Library] (Magic Tree House #1-28)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Offers Jack and Annie's first twenty-eight time-traveling adventures.
Paperback
Published September 23rd 2008 by Random House Childrens Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Magic Tree House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Tree House

Pamela
My 7-year-old and 4-year-old both love this series. They are well written and I even enjoy reading them aloud to the kids. I think they find the adventures exciting and they even learn about history along the way...shhh, don't tell them that.:)
Kaly
I read this book a long time ago probably when I was like 5. Anyways I loved this series! It was amazing from what I remember... I rated it so low because I didn't want good reads to think that I currently like this boom because that would mess up all of my recommendations! So that's why I rated this book so low!
Shakthika
Mar 13, 2014 Shakthika added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adventurous Readers!!
Recommended to Shakthika by: I got it from school!
I think this was an adventurous series full of informational places. For example, some of the things I need for school are in my magic tree house books! I use the magic tree house books for projects that have the same subject!! I am so thankful that Mary Pope Osborne made this series!! Thank you so much!!
Stephanie Nannen
The Magic Tree House series is a great collection of chapter books for reading aloud to older pre-school and younger elementary, and they make a great first set of books for kids to read on their own.
Kayleen
Apr 18, 2011 Kayleen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with children
My kids absolutely love these books! They beg me every day to read the next book to them. It's pretty great especially since our Alexandra's school is having a goal to have every student read (or be read to) for 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. For every 100 minutes the student reads they can enter their name into a drawing to win a bike. 4 bikes are being given away at the end of the year. It's not so much the bike that excites me but the fact that Alexandra and Zachary are enjoying reading boo...more
Soraya
I work with kids and getting them to read is hard. An even bigger and harder challange Is getting them to enjoy reading. I have always loved kids books and i found my self enjoying these book a little too much .I bought the series for the class and i would read a chapter a day for them. Soon after the kids were buying or checking out there own copies because I was to slow for their liking. the companion books are also great kids and adults will enjoy and learn from this amazing series.
Sam
We moved to Georgia for about six months in 2005. I spent a lot of time with my mom because we lived in an apartment and I didn't know very many other kids. We discovered this series and I loved them. My mom would read about 3 of these books to me every week. When I got into 1st and 2nd grade I read a lot of them again on my own.
Aubrey
Read these books as bedtime stories to my eight-year-old sister. She got more excited about reading than I've ever seen her before! I was kind of upset by the fragment sentences and periods where there should be commas, because it lets developing readers get used to bad grammar. Otherwise, these books are awesome!
Colleen
The kids and I have really enjoyed these books. Even Josh gets into them. They are very short chapter books that are great for reading alone for the older kids, but fun for reading together for the little kids. They incorporate historical information that makes learing about the past fun for kids.
Kaitlyn
These books were amazing. I like them because each adventure was so awesome. I loved it when I found out which place I was going to go to. It was fun to get to go to Hawaii for free! I liked it when they went to the twister. The Twister on Tuesday was my favorite book.
Melissa
Great reading for kids ages 4-8 (give or take). Fun for parents to read TO them, or for kids to read themselves. I actually learned several factoids about history and events from reading these books with my kids. There are over 30 books - so borrow from library.
Catherine Woodman
A good intro reading series, that has sets of four connected books that can be read as a set, but the series is interconnected by concept--very fin magical stories that are easy for the just beginning grade2-4 kid
Becca
Emily loves these books. They teach her facts about history and the world on a level that she can read and explore on her own. I think they are 2nd-3rd grade level reading.
Heather
I read these with my now 15 year old son, and now with my 6 year oldvdaughter. Fabulous. The best.
Aparna
Well....these are children's books. don't have a choice. Need to read a new one every night!
Chris M
i wish i had saw this before i ckicked of all the books individually
Angela
My son loves these! They've made for great bedtime reading.
Alexander
i think this series was awesome especially when i was 7.
Timothy
Good short reads for young readers
Nicole
I love these books, they are amazing!
*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~*
Nov 16, 2011 *~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to *~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* by: my mother when I was 4
I used to love these books
Cassie
Cassie added it
Aug 28, 2014
Bekah
Bekah marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Dillan
Dillan marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Chelsie Owen
Chelsie Owen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Guns for General Washington: A Story of the American Revolution
  • Mrs. Piggle Wiggle Box Set
  • Junie B. Jones Complete Collection (Junie B. Jones, #1-24)
  • Deception (Lady Grace Mysteries, #4)
  • Kiss the Dust
  • Toliver's Secret
  • Camp X (Camp X, #1)
  • The Year of the Hangman
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Daddy Hugs
  • The King's Equal
  • The Tale of Troy: Retold from the Ancient Authors
  • Don't Bump the Glump! and Other Fantasies
  • The Adventures of Amelia Bedelia
  • Eager
More about Mary Pope Osborne...
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)