Start by marking “Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals” as Want to Read:
Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Avoid the messy confrontations that accompany delivering bad news personally and let one of these cute baby animal postcards deliver the devastating message for you.
Are you afraid to tell your girlfriend that her ass looks fat? Do you need to explain to your nephew that dreams don't come true? Why not let a cute, fuzzy bunny do it for you! We understand how hard it is to
Published October 28th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Grandma's Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma's Dead

Feb 28, 2009 Michelle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: baby animal lovers, bathroom humor lovers
Shelves: olio
I picked this book of postcards up in a new/used book store in Berkeley today and read it in five minutes.

Need I say more?
This book is filled with those soft of soft-focus, generically cute baby animal photos of the sort you may have ordered in poster form from Scholastic Book Club in the second grade. The captions on them, however, are of the decidedly life-shattering sort.

My favorites: A fluffy kitten glances reproachfully from its perch on a piano: “You don’t matter.” Two tabbies frolic among rosebuds to “Dreams don’t come true.” An orange kitten stares directly into the camera: “Recycling won’t help.” A calico
Zoe Right
I'm in Barnes and Noble the other day- killing time until I have to do some boring chore or appointment or whatever it is I do all day- God only Knows. Also I'm a book junkie- I get actual physical pleasure from seeing all the new books everywhere in their shiny new wrappings.

I'm perusing, I'm perusing...Oh baby animals- always up for some good baby animal pictures. I think it connects with the mommy nerve. It's the only thing I can think of...this is also my Ahhhhh nerve. This is the nerve that
The cover of this book of postcards is priceless. Unfortunately, the postcards within don't measure up. The writing is pretty standard, pessimistic humor, which works but isn't worth the book's price without photographs as adorable as the one on the cover. I love the idea, but the execution didn't satisfy me. Maybe the Internet has spoiled me with its overflowing pages of cuteness, but most of the animals pictured just weren't cute enough. Then again, I'm poor and thrifty; if you have money to s ...more
Randy Ebert
Twisted genius. Just perfect.
Mickey DeCicco
If you've ever had to break it to someone the hard way, do it with adorable pictures of baby animals! Whether it's to administer a diagnosis of syphilis, admitting infidelity, or giving someone a head's up that your mom found your drugs, this book can help. Each page is a postcard that you can mail or present with any relevant legal or medical documents.
My sister gave me this for Christmas. She thinks it's hilarious (and I know she's already picking out which ones to send me)... but I didn't think most of them were that funny. And even if I did enjoy them more, I simply can't imagine sending something to mean to anyone I know.
This book is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!! I suggest you pick up a copy -- the kind of book that tugs at my twisted soul. You will be quoting this book for at least a week after you read it. ;)

And who could NOT love baby animals? Seriously....
In addition to being really funny, this book provides example after example for those who haven't yet wrapped their minds around the definition of the word "juxtaposition." Or "dissonance."
In a very sick sort of way this is the funniest book I have read in a long time (maybe ever). It's not for everyone but some of you folks will appreciate it for sure.
Excellent book! Took exactly 3 minutes to read. Great postcards to break bad news with cute animals.
Jacquelyn Kessler
I wanted to pee my pants. This is so funny. Give it as gifts this Christmas.
Aug 24, 2009 Tammy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tammy by: Bradleyb
Shelves: humor, own, comics
So funny, and just too cute! You can't help but smile! :)
I just about pissed myself at work while reading it.
Perhaps the most awesome book ever.
Read it at work.
May 30, 2009 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heather by: birthday gift from Leslie Larsen
Shelves: own-fl
Margot marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Joe Sanders
Joe Sanders marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning
  • F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What
  • Goodnight Bush
  • Animals Talking in All Caps: It's Just What It Sounds Like
  • The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Overheard in New York: Conversations from the Streets, Stores, and Subways
  • I am Better Than Your Kids
  • Raising the Perfect Child Through Guilt and Manipulation
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • The Book of Deadly Animals
  • The Pop-Up Book of Phobias
  • Great Lies to Tell Small Kids
  • Mass Communication Theory: Foundations, Ferment, and Future (with InfoTrac®) (Wadsworth Series in Mass Communication and Journalism)
  • How to Tell if Your Boyfriend Is the Antichrist