Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Avoid the messy confrontations that accompany delivering bad news personally and let one of these cute baby animal postcards deliver the devastating message for you.
Are you afraid to tell your girlfriend that her ass looks fat? Do you need to explain to your nephew that dreams don't come true? Why not let a cute, fuzzy bunny do it for you! We understand how hard it is to...more
Published October 28th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Michelle
Feb 28, 2009 Michelle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: baby animal lovers, bathroom humor lovers
Shelves: olio
I picked this book of postcards up in a new/used book store in Berkeley today and read it in five minutes.

Need I say more?
Peacegal
This book is filled with those soft of soft-focus, generically cute baby animal photos of the sort you may have ordered in poster form from Scholastic Book Club in the second grade. The captions on them, however, are of the decidedly life-shattering sort.

My favorites: A fluffy kitten glances reproachfully from its perch on a piano: “You don’t matter.” Two tabbies frolic among rosebuds to “Dreams don’t come true.” An orange kitten stares directly into the camera: “Recycling won’t help.” A calico...more
Katie
BEST COFFEE TABLE BOOK EVER
Zoe Right
I'm in Barnes and Noble the other day- killing time until I have to do some boring chore or appointment or whatever it is I do all day- God only Knows. Also I'm a book junkie- I get actual physical pleasure from seeing all the new books everywhere in their shiny new wrappings.

I'm perusing, I'm perusing...Oh baby animals- always up for some good baby animal pictures. I think it connects with the mommy nerve. It's the only thing I can think of...this is also my Ahhhhh nerve. This is the nerve that...more
dara
The cover of this book of postcards is priceless. Unfortunately, the postcards within don't measure up. The writing is pretty standard, pessimistic humor, which works but isn't worth the book's price without photographs as adorable as the one on the cover. I love the idea, but the execution didn't satisfy me. Maybe the Internet has spoiled me with its overflowing pages of cuteness, but most of the animals pictured just weren't cute enough. Then again, I'm poor and thrifty; if you have money to s...more
Randy Ebert
Twisted genius. Just perfect.
Mickey DeCicco
If you've ever had to break it to someone the hard way, do it with adorable pictures of baby animals! Whether it's to administer a diagnosis of syphilis, admitting infidelity, or giving someone a head's up that your mom found your drugs, this book can help. Each page is a postcard that you can mail or present with any relevant legal or medical documents.
Sophie
My sister gave me this for Christmas. She thinks it's hilarious (and I know she's already picking out which ones to send me)... but I didn't think most of them were that funny. And even if I did enjoy them more, I simply can't imagine sending something to mean to anyone I know.
Marianne
This book is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!! I suggest you pick up a copy -- the kind of book that tugs at my twisted soul. You will be quoting this book for at least a week after you read it. ;)

And who could NOT love baby animals? Seriously....
Jenny
In addition to being really funny, this book provides example after example for those who haven't yet wrapped their minds around the definition of the word "juxtaposition." Or "dissonance."
Daniel
In a very sick sort of way this is the funniest book I have read in a long time (maybe ever). It's not for everyone but some of you folks will appreciate it for sure.
Denine
Excellent book! Took exactly 3 minutes to read. Great postcards to break bad news with cute animals.
Jacquelyn Kessler
I wanted to pee my pants. This is so funny. Give it as gifts this Christmas.
Tammy
Aug 24, 2009 Tammy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tammy by: Bradleyb
Shelves: own, humor, comics
So funny, and just too cute! You can't help but smile! :)
Jill
I just about pissed myself at work while reading it.
Tisha
Perhaps the most awesome book ever.
Steve
Alison
Alison added it
Jul 10, 2014
Jason Jeansonne
Jason Jeansonne marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Why Is Daddy in a Dress? Asking Awkward Questions with Baby Animals Maybe Your Leg Will Grow Back!: Looking on the Bright Side with Baby Animals Hold My Gold: A White Girl's Guide to the Hip-Hop World Why Is Daddy in a Dress? Grandma's Dead: 2010 Postcard Day-to-Day Calendar