Start by marking “Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7)” as Want to Read:
Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7)

Stay the Night (Darkyn #7)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  2,210 ratings  ·  99 reviews
From the USA Today Bestselling Author of Twilight Fall

Read a novella about the Darkyn from Lynn Viehl.

Outlaw, immortal vampire, and art thief, Darkyn Lord Robin of Locksley has evaded authorities for the last 700 years. At the moment, he’s falling for undercover federal agent Christina Renshaw, who has no time for an affair. She hopes to snag an elusive art thief, but soon
Published January 6th 2009 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Stay the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay the Night

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
154th out of 1,182 books — 1,648 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerDark Lover by J.R. WardVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Host by Stephenie Meyer
Best Paranormal & Fantasy Romances
341st out of 3,190 books — 6,531 voters

More lists with this book...

Zeek
We all know the back story of the hero of Stay The Night, but unless you've read Viehl's Darkyn Novel titled Evermore, you haven't gotten the complete story.

In Viehl's world, Robin of Locksley is a Darkyn Vampire. Living for hundreds of years, his business is still the same- rob from the rich and give to the poor. His arch enemy- Guy of Gisborne- is also a Darkyn Vampire and he hasn't given up on hunting the notorious Robinhood.

Robin's story moves into present day when FBI Agent, Chris Renshaw,
Mary Cushnie-Mansour
I decided to do one review on this entire series of the Darkyn books by Lynn Viehl. I found them to be intriguing from the first one "If Angels Burn" right through to the final chapter "Stay the Night." Alexandra Keller is a first-class reconstructive surgeion, who is drawn into the world of Michael Cyprien, who is the head of the vampire jardin in America. Michael needs her expertise to reconstruct his face, which was badly mangled by a group of individuals who were on an ageless vendetta to de ...more
Melindeeloo
7th and final Darkyn Novel, but don't fret it's not really the end
I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of the Stay the Night. I liked Robin, we met the infamous charming thief of Robin Hood fame two books ago in Evermore: A Novel of the Darkyn (Signet Eclipse). Robin's love interest Chris is the perfect torture for him, a woman who is totally immune to his Kyn power of charm. As an FBI agent out to catch the Magician, as Robin the thief is known to the art world, Chris is also the nemesis to Rob
I liked this book a lot, but was slightly disappointed with the ending. The author has said that this is the last book in the Darkyn series, yet there were several loose ends that weren't resolved. Overall this is a great series. The characters are believable and engaging, and the writing is excellent.

I was also lucky enough to have won my copy of this book in a contest on the author's website. And it's autographed!! Woo Hoo!!
Cid Tyer
The Setting — in this one also jumps around a lot. One moment you’re in Atlanta, the next Rome or Venice or Chicago or London ~ you get the point. Current day, not too much out of the ordinary, really.

The Characters — *sigh* are probably my love obsession with the books. Stay the Night features *drum roll please* Robin Hood ~ as a vampire. Yup! How awesome is that? I liked how Robin evolved from just our lovable thief to a dark character with lots of appeal. I especially like how Special Agent C
Shannon C.
Disappointing ending to an otherwise good series

I enjoyed the continuation of Michael & Alexandra's story, as well as the plotlines around the new Kyn creations of the Brethren. I would have liked more interaction between them--so much focus was on her research and work as a doctor.

I was disappointed with Chris, the FBI agent that Robin falls for. She was so bit*chy and self centered, I didn't like her and didn't buy into Robin falling in love with her. He's such a good character and she de
Mary
Hm, I'm just not a fan of historical figures still being around because they are vampires. I don't think I would bother with more in this series.
Theresa
Half the book is a repeat of ‘Twilight Fall’. It probably made it easy for Ms. Viehl, but is very repetitive and boring for us, the reader. Half the book were repeated scenes that occurred with Robin and/or Chris in ‘Twilight Fall’, only now we get the filled-out story through both Robin and Chris’ POV. It’s only until they get to Rome and Venice do we get new, very interesting scenes. The new parts are very good, though somewhat predictable.

I just don’t feel the connection between Robin and C
Sloan McBride
This is a Darkyn novel, one of many in the series. I rush to get them every time a new one comes out. The Darkyn are vampires but not in the relative sense. They are something different…more. Steeped in ancient ritual they attempt to survive in current times without being detected.

In Stay the Night, the reader is introduced to Robin of Locksley. Yes, THE Robin of Locksley. Ever the thief, Robin has spent the last 700 years stealing priceless works of art. In this story, he’s after ‘Maiden’s Boo
Lani
Nancy
Stay the Night is #7 in a series entitled Darkyn. What I really liked about this book is that, #7 or not, you don't have to read the prior novels to enjoy it. Admittedly, there are times something would have been a bit better with more background but this was a great book and now I'm going to have to go visit half.com to get the other 6! The characters in the book run true to historic form in many ways and it was interesting to see how they were coping with the 21st Century.

Chris is a Federal ag
Natasja
Robin of Locksley is one of the Darkyn kind and has been stealing from the rich for centuries. His Darkyn powers will help him with these cases, but it also leads the FBI on his tail, especially when they think he is involved with the disappearing of priceless art work.

Chris Renshaw is a special agent for the FBI and she’s lead the operation to find this “Magician” who steals all those art works. So she goes undercover as an art dealer and decides to use “The Maiden’s book”, an ancient manuscrip
Shinyfox

I liked Robin's character and got a kick out of who he actually was, it amused me to no end. I believe that I should read the previous books in the series because I was a little confused in this book. The low rating is not for the confusion that I felt (I knew going in to expect a certain amount of being lost because it is a book so late in the series).

The book overall was pretty good. It wasn't great, in my opinion, but it was entertaining enough to finish. The sex scenes were fair (no
Jen
Looks like I'm finished with the Darkyn series :( That's so sad!

Everything wrapped up nicely - AND it left it wide open for Lynn Viehl's newest series (Kyndred) which is where this book leads off -

Alex figured it out - everything from what the Bretheren were doing with the abused Darkyn's - to finding the cure to bring them back to human -

Robin of Locksley - this book was about him and his "true love" Chris - For some reason, Robin was a LOT more Dominate then I would have thought - he didn't
Heather Dalgarno
This book is the final installment in the 'Darkyn' series by Lynn Viehl. To be honest, it was one of the ones I enjoyed the least.

This book revisits some of the characters and themes last seen in 'Evermore'. Robin Hood, a Darkyn lord, finally comes to terms with his past and his feud with Nottingham and falls in love with a mortal FBI agent (Chris).

In general I found this book to be pretty unbelievable. I just didn't buy the whole Robin/Chris love affair. Like some of the worst Sherrilyn Kenyon
Alice Janell
Jun 05, 2010 Alice Janell rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Alice by: Cid
Shelves: 2010
The seventh and final book in the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl centers around Robin Hood -- as a vampire.

Robin of Locksley is introduced earlier in the series, but it's not until "Stay the Night" does he truly come to the foreground as a major character with his own story. When I was reading the Darkyn series, I was most excited about "Stay the Night", especially after reading "Evermore", the fifth book in the series.

Throughout the series, Viehl has created some really great, interesting characte
Marissa Dobson
I was very much looking forward to reading Robin's story in Stay the Night. I was also sad to hear that this was the last book in the series and I was curious as to how it would all end.

Robin of Locksley has been stealing from the rich for the last 700 years. With the help of his Darkyn powers, he can charm just about anyone into handing over anything. The FBI dubbed him The Magician for his most recent larcenous exploits involving the theft of priceless works of art.

Chris Renshaw is a special
Cheryl
Robin of Locksley has gained notoriety throughout the centuries as a skillful art thief and powerful Darkyn vampire lord. For the past seven hundred years, it seems the authorities have not been able to apprehend Robin. Another quality Robin has going for him, besides being an art thief is the ability to steal women’s hearts with just one look. You could call Robin a bit of a Casanova.

FBI agent Chris Renshaw has gone undercover to seek out an art thief. She plans to use a priceless artifact cal
Vale
Lisa Lap
I like Robin and Chris together but felt a lot of their story was detracted from because of all the loose ends the author was trying to tie up in this story. I also kind of hated the fact she let Alex find the "cure" to being Darkyn. I don't know why I hated it but I did like it somehow make the Brethren was even more justified in their horrible methods of breeding their own Darkyn - because it was something curable so those who chose to remain Darkyn were evil? Nope. Hated that plot point.

I al
Britta
It seems that Lynn Viehl is trying to take the route of J.R. Ward and turn what was a good paranormal romance series into a mediocre urban fantasy.

Mediocre. That's what Stay the Night had written all over it. This was to be Robin and Chris's novel but just like Lover Enshrined(which was everybody's book but Phury's) this is everybody's book but theirs.

We figure out pretty early that Rob (or Robin) is Robin of Locksley (aka Robin Hood). And he's got a grudge against his cousin, Guy (who is Sher
Susan
Lynn Viehl’s unique world of vampires will pull you into an intriguing story with the Darkyn’s medieval lifestyle and legendary characters that tie in with historical figures of fact and fantasy. Robin and Chris’s passion and loyalties pull the reader into a fantastic journey of love and danger that will keep you turning the pages anxiously intrigued with a plot that runs in many directions, but conclude to one dangerous outcome. All her characters play a major part in the plot and Ms Viehl dang ...more
Donna
Lynn Viehl kept me entertained with this entire series and I was feeling a bit sad about reading this final book. Because while I read the books in this series pretty much back to back and it was nice knowing I another book waiting for me while it lasted. There was a little bit of everything in this last novel with pace moving at a fast clip with all the intrigue and thrills leading up to the end. For me, Stay the Night brought a somewhat feeling of closure with mixed feelings on the ending but ...more
Gail
The latest in Viehl’s Darkyn series. This is the story of international art thief...Robin Hood. And the FBI agent who wants to arrest him. See, besides an outlaw, Rob was a Templar, and got turned into a Kyn “vampire” with the rest of them. (No wonder people kept reporting seeing Robin in Sherwood...) There’s this priceless manuscript, and hundred-year-old (or older) feuds, and vampire politics, and lots and lots of stuff going on. It felt a little choppy, to be honest, but that could be partly ...more
Samie Kauchis
Well... As far as a Series Finale that was obviously written with the intent to open the way to her spin-off Kyndred series goes... This one was pretty decent! I wish we'd found out more about John though, especially after the cliffhanger in the last book. Maybe she intends him to come into play in the next series? I don't know, but I felt kind of cheated with him.

Everyone else was wrapped up rather nicely... All except for that one twist with a certain individual. Don't know what she was intend
L.M. Justus
In this installment, we learn more about the character Robin (who is the man behind the Robin Hood mythology) and we're introduced to Chris, another strong female lead. There are also plenty of scenes with other characters from the series we've come to know and love.

I really enjoyed this "last" book in the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl, and I'm excited to start reading the first book in the Kyndred series because there are still many unresolved plot elements. I love the multiple plot lines in this
MeCarrizee
At this point I am having mixed feelings....I am elated about the story line and how it unfolds, elated to know that Alex is really a good doctor. BUT where do I go from here? I now feel like a fish out of water. What do I read next and how do I make closure with all of these open ended bits. Lord I don't know what to do.....
Cindy
Good read. The primary plot brings together a federal agent trying to track down a thief the Feds call the Magician and the archetype of all thieves, Robin Hood. Throw in bioterrorism, revenge, and secrets long buried...

A good conclusion to the Darkyn series and less dark than some of the earlier books. I enjoyed the interweaving of Michael and Alex through the series, gave everything a great sense of continuity. A new series about the Kyndred [related to Darkyn:] is nicely teased.

Order is very
Elke
Although I think of the Darkyn series as vampire romance, these books offer much more than the usual vampire-meets-human happily ever after. The author created a fascinating vampire world with lots of original ideas and a complex background. Where other series start to repeat themselves over and over again, the author manages to still surprise the reader with new twists and turns, adding more and more detail to the fascinating world of the Darkyn, their history and origins and enemies.

The only s
Darkyn Group 1 4 Oct 27, 2012 06:30AM
  • Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4)
  • Dark Hunger (The Brethren, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2)
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse, #4)
  • Heart Fate (Celta's Heartmates, #7)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
Also see S.L. Viehl, Gena Hale, Jessica Hall. Rebecca Kelly.

She writes mostly novels in a variety of genres and under several pseudonyms. Among them are science fiction (as S. L. Viehl), romantic fiction (as Lynn Viehl, Gena Hale, and Jessica Hall), and Christian fiction (as Rebecca Kelly). She has described herself as primarily a writer of romance: no matter what genre she is working in, an eleme
More about Lynn Viehl...
If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) Night Lost (Darkyn, #4) Private Demon (Darkyn, #2) Dark Need (Darkyn, #3) Evermore (Darkyn, #5)

“There will never be another woman for me, Alexandra. You are my eternity. -Michael” 10 likes
“You're a quiet, beautiful woman in a loud, ugly place. An orchid among weeds. You define obvious.” 8 likes