Start by marking “Our Sleepless Nights: Surviving Katrina and Burying Miss Vera” as Want to Read:
Our Sleepless Nights: Surviving Katrina and Burying Miss Vera

Our Sleepless Nights: Surviving Katrina and Burying Miss Vera

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Hurricane Katrina ranks among this country's worst disasters, but the social devastation that followed turned an already bad situation into a surreal urban nightmare. This is the story of how New Orleans resident John Lee weathered the physical storm only to be caught up in the ensuing anarchy. For nine days he remained in the heart of the city, bearing witness to the chao ...more
Published October 15th 2006 by JRL Consulting Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Our Sleepless Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Sleepless Nights

Sarah Elizabeth Nessler
Sep 04, 2012 Sarah Elizabeth Nessler rated it it was amazing
What an eye-opening book. Such a tragic event that took place right within our countries walls and yet stupidity took over. I could not believe how people could manage to actually loot items and kill people over tvs and computers. It was distubing to read that people were so cruel in times of need. I could not imagine being in a situation of fear 100% of the day. Wondering just what would happen if only I were to fall asleep for a little while. In times such as this it also makes one think that ...more
Jocelyn Keegan
Jul 12, 2013 Jocelyn Keegan rated it it was amazing
I had the good fortune of meeting John at the house about a year after he published the book. This is an important story to read. John and countless others lived outside the social contract for a period of time. His humanist qualities and resolve are to be admired his experience is surreal and a warning to us all. Subsequent tragedies have thankfully showed better action from our govt bodies, but it is amazing cautionary tale.
Michele
Sep 01, 2008 Michele rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Michele by: Elizabeth Lee
AMAZING true-story written by my college friend's Dad. He stayed in New Orleans during and after Katrina to protect his family's home... and lived to tell an incredible story.
Angelprincess202007
Angelprincess202007 rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2007
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
So Ho
So Ho marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Sandi Pantalon
Sandi Pantalon marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
emma
emma marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Marketta Andrus
Marketta Andrus marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Donna Sartin
Donna Sartin marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Orlando Lara
Orlando Lara marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 03, 2015
Jenni Hall
Jenni Hall marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
RUBEN VILLALPANDO
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
John R. Lee, M.D., ( - October 17th, 2003) was a pioneer and expert in the study and use of the hormone progesterone, and on the subject of hormone replacement therapy for women.
More about John R. Lee...