Start by marking “Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)” as Want to Read:
Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)

Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries #10)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  27,575 Ratings  ·  921 Reviews
What's a Princess to do?

It's Mia's senior year, and things seem great. She aced her senior project, got accepted to her dream college(s), and has her birthday gala coming up . . . not to mention prom, graduation, and Genovia's first-ever elections.

What's not to love about her life? Well . . .Her senior project? It's a romance novel she secretly wrote, and no one wants to p
Published January 6th 2009 by Harper Teen (first published January 1st 2008)

Jessica (priceiswong)
Jun 17, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
When I sat down on the couch tonight with this book, I was honestly just planning on reading a few pages. . NOT the entire book for sure in one sitting . This is my first time rereading this book, but it had been so long I had forgotten most of it! I was so happy that Micheal was a bigger part since he's one of my favorite characters. It was really odd to start it and have it take place almost two years after the last (since most of them take place almost immediately after the events of the prev ...more
April
Jan 06, 2009 Runa rated it it was amazing
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 20, 2015 Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Feeling ALL the feels. All of them. Michael Moscovitz forever and ever.
Jun 25, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
My review, in numbered format:

1. I still don't like Lilly very much.
2. Tina and Lana are awesome.
3. Mia is an idiot (although a lovable one).
4. Meg Cabot did not need 383 pages to tell this story.
5. Grandmere is hilarious.
6. Meg Cabot should have resisted the urges to include the pop culture references, for they will be sadly dated very soon.
7. The twist with Mia's dad at the end is priceless.
8. Michael is awesome, as is his final text message.
Ruby
Jan 17, 2009 Ruby rated it it was amazing
Marga
Jan 04, 2009 Marga rated it it was amazing
For the first time in what feels like an incredibly long while, I finished a book in less than a day. I stayed up until past 2 am reading this!

And really, Mia does not disappoint with her last. She could frustrate you, but in a way that's kind of amusing... And, I can't explain why, but I found myself crying at some points. Or at least getting teary-eyed. I could relate to some of her experiences.

The major reason why I'm giving this book a five is because, in all honesty, it's been a while since
Rosamund
Feb 01, 2009 Rosamund rated it it was ok
During the release of almost every book in the series, I've been the same age as Mia, so I could almost always relate to what was going on. But this book in particular made me feel like I failed as a 17/18 year old. Looks like the whole "royal heir to the throne of Genovia" thing got to Mia's head - she might as well be Lana Weinberger. Could be that I am too old to read these now... but no longer is she the lovable nerd that drew me into the first 6 or so books. This series amused me during my ...more
Shannon (leaninglights)
And Mia's journey through high school is complete. I really liked how this one turned out. I was happy to see Mia's growth and, as she likes to say, self-actualization! Lol
Marie
Namratha
Jan 22, 2009 Namratha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, ya-lit
“No one has ever died of embarrassment – never, not once in the whole history of time.
Of which I am living proof, having a grandmother like mine”

Mia Thermapolis

And that pretty much sums up Meg Cabot’s last and final instalment in the hugely popular Princess Diaries series.

PROS: Mia or should we say Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo is at the tail-end of her senior year. She has mastered the reluctant art of being a princess of a small European Principality, Genovia. She
Muse-ic
Dec 04, 2015 Muse-ic rated it really liked it
The Library Lady
Mar 28, 2009 The Library Lady rated it it was ok
SPOILER ALERT:

THERE ARE SPOILERS GALORE AHEAD:
(But if you don't want to know about the book, why are you reading reviews of it on Good Reads anyway?)

1)Mia graduates high school--finally after 10 books (!)

2)Michael comes back and Mia and he get back together

3)Mia finally sleeps with him--but Meg Cabot is crafty enough to disguise the scene as a page from the bodice ripper that Mia writes.
And of course, it's superfantabulous, the best sex ever. Yeah, right...

4)The bodice ripper is (really) actuall
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

Princess Mia is back in the final installment in the PRINCESS DIARIES series. Mia is ending her senior year and life couldn't be more stressful! Where will Mia go to college? Is her boyfriend, J.P., the one? Will Michael ever return from Japan? And will Mia survive turning eighteen? What's a princess to do?

I have enjoyed the PRINCESS DIARIES series ever since I read the first book and always enjoy escaping into Mia's world. I
Emma
Jan 21, 2009 Emma rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Princess Diary fans, even those who hated the last one
Lisbeth Checo
Jan 07, 2009 Lisbeth Checo rated it it was amazing
In this books all the secrets come out. When i picked up this book i couldnt put it down. i was happy about the fact that mia ended up with michael instead of J.P I also liked the fact that Lilly and Mia forgave eachother and are best friends again
Kit
Feb 14, 2009 Kit rated it it was amazing
OK, this is a bit like one of those Oscars that a veteran actor gets for a movie that they actually had a small part in, because the committee is really giving it for their whole body of work. I did really like this book, but it's not my favorite. It's clear that Cabot is winding up all her plot threads, which leaves less time for some of the laugh-out-loud funny moments or over the top Grandmere schemes that are so great in the other books in the series.

And she doesn't exactly wind up *all* the
Sara Saif
May 10, 2016 Sara Saif rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-like-you-a-lot

The series finally shed the juvenile, silly and middle-grade-ish feel it had with the previous books. This was a book about adults and the overall vibe I got from it was a “mature” one. It takes place quite a while after the previous book, Mia is almost 18 and it has been two years since Michael moved to Japan and Lily had a falling out with Mia. It was weird, somewhat sad and surprisingly pleasant reading about everybody’s being moved on and in different places they were before.

Mia’s problems w
Tatiana
Jun 11, 2009 Tatiana rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, ya
Some can complain that this last installment was predicable, but I say: so what? It ended they way it was supposed to end and I am happy about it. I enjoyed the book very much, the ending was true to previous books in the series and extremely satisfying (unlike another YA series: Breaking Dawn anyone?).
Caitie
Mar 04, 2009 Caitie rated it did not like it
Ugh. And there is really no defense for this series' continued existence through ten indistinguishable books.
Howdy YAL
Apr 07, 2015 Howdy YAL rated it really liked it
To see full binge review click here.

If I was to give my initial rating after reading this one it would be A++++++, however, once I sit on this book I feel a little differently. There are some definite structural issues with Forever Princess and I really think the series would’ve been better with an additional book or taking one of those sophomore slump books out and making a book that took place in late junior early senior year.

It’s just really hard for me to buy Jia as an established couple whe
Kelly
Mar 04, 2009 Kelly rated it did not like it
Thank god it's finally OVER. Now I can relieve myself of this infernal teenage book series.
Sarah Actually
Jul 30, 2015 Sarah Actually rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Mia is ridiculously obtuse but I forgive her. Michael Moscovitz has been beyond dreamy to me since I was like 13 so this was some major wish fulfillment. (Not as much as Royal Wedding is going to be, though.)
Nikita the bookworm
Aug 01, 2016 Nikita the bookworm rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
A satisfying ending to a wonderful series! Can't wait to read Royal Wedding!
Kaethe
Aug 11, 2015 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
April 21, 2009

With a sick kid at home, I needed a break from the brooding atmosphere of Drood. The tenth and presumably final volume in the Princess Diaries series fit the bill.

Meg Cabot is brilliant. I really admire the way she has brought her young and immature character to adulthood. Mia really is growing up, and unlike the Disney version, Mia is still a strong feminist, a sexual being, and a romance writer, and it all works so well.

Good ending to a strong series. Mia grows up nicely.

Library
Melissa Veras
Jul 11, 2016 Melissa Veras rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT.

description

Oh my God. Now that I've read the entire Princess Diaries Series, I can say without a doubt that this is my favorite book of all eleven! This book had me laughing and fangirling HARD, I spent the entire time I was reading it really happy. I felt like Meg Cabot read my mind and wrote absolutely everything I wanted to happen.

Amazing.

Now some spoilery comments :)
(view spoiler)
Anvita
Nov 04, 2014 Anvita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh God!!! When AM I going to stop giving 5 stars to EVERY book that comes my way? Maybe never, so I am not gonna bother about it, at least not right now...

Ok, now I know EXACTLY how I want my 'prince charming' to be. Thanks to Meg Cabot for introducing such a quixotic (in a positive way) character such as Michael Moscovitz. According to the description of characters, Michael was very desirable and could have found a date anywhere, on the contrary, Mia was pretty stupid (until the end) but they w
Katie
Huh. Why don't I have a review of this one when I have one of book 9? Well, anyway, I still like this a lot. EVERYONE IS SO GROWN UP.

And I've come around to being pretty excited for the new one, but this was a really good ending. Or anyway, a good wrap up of the high school years.

STAYING UP ALL NIGHT TO READ ROYAL WEDDING. Or until I get tired anyway.
Danielle
Jan 26, 2009 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in this series. I have all of them and have enjoyed them all very much. I will admit I'll kinda miss reading the further adventures of Princess Mia, but all good things have to come to an end eventually. I have other books that Meg Cabot has written and I do like them a lot, so I'll probably continue to buy them.
Sierra the Nerdgirl
Aug 25, 2016 Sierra the Nerdgirl rated it it was amazing
I will never get over how amazing and influential this series is.
The Princess Diar...: Michael vs J.P (aka the guy who hates it when they put corn in the chilli) 2 30 Feb 11, 2015 08:49AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #93 Forever Princess 1 1 Oct 19, 2014 05:28AM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Forever Princess 1 8 Oct 31, 2013 02:15PM
Do you think Jp or Miacheal is better for Mia? 17 104 Sep 05, 2013 03:04PM
Loved this book 10 34 Nov 29, 2012 09:19AM
  • Linas kvällsbok 2: Två killar och ett hjärta (Linas Kvällsbok, #2)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Stealing Princes
  • Bad Kitty (Bad Kitty, #1)
  • There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, #1)
  • Boy Trouble at Trebizon  (Trebizon, #4)
  • Second Helpings (Jessica Darling, #2)
  • Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy, #2)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Intensely Alice (Alice, #21)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Det fattas en tärning
  • Paparazzi Princess (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #4)
  • Portrait Of My Heart (Rawlings, #2)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet
  • Caribbean Cruising

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

“And now Rocky is begging me to watch Dora the Explorer with him. I understand that millions of kids love Dora and have learned to read or whatever from her show. But I wouldn't mind if Dora fell off a cliff and took her little pals with her” 362 likes
“But as you age, you lose other, even more important things, like friends-hopefully only bad friends, who maybe weren't as good for you as you once thought. With luck, you'll be able to hang on to your true friends, the ones who were always there for you....even when you thought they weren't.

Because friends like that are more precious then all the tiaras in the world”
354 likes