Start by marking “Home of Eternal Rest (The Polanski Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Home of Eternal Rest (The Polanski Brothers, #1)

Home of Eternal Rest (Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Welcome to Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest...where the dead aren't really dead and necking has a whole new meaning. Who would have thought owning a funeral parlor could be so much fun?

Joy is a vampire who works in the family-owned funeral parlor, and she's got a bit of a problem. Detective Larkin McBride is Joy's problem and it isn't just because he's big and hot.
ebook
Published 2008 by Changeling Press

To ask other readers questions about Home of Eternal Rest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home of Eternal Rest

SirenBookReviews

A different twist on the vampire archetype. The Polanski family is a family of vampires that runs a funeral home. They have strict rules to live by. They do not bite humans, they are not allowed to have sex until they find their mate, and everyone in the family has found their mate by using their sense of smell.

This really puts Spencer Polanski in a tight spot because she has no sense of smell. She fears that she will forever, and forever for a vampire is a long time, be alone. It’s hard to meet
*I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.*

Let the torture begin (again)! I willingly hopped on the serial train once more. In my defense, this is Dakota Cassidy we're talking about. I think everyone knows by now how much I love her stuff. So I will willingly torture myself with serials - which I am not a fan of - because I love to read her stuff.

Now, the version I read is a re-release with some revisions made - the female lead is no longer named Joy, but Spencer. I didn't read the or

Now, this book is a re-release with some revisions made. I didn't read the original book which came out sometime between 2005-2008, so I'm brand new to the story. And I am already in love with t
Cara
Fun! Fun! Fun! Oh, and sexy! I’ve read a couple of Ms. Cassidy’s books, and enjoyed them all. The Polanski Brothers contains her normal sassy sense of humor, strange occurrences, vampires, and hot love scenes. Joy Polanski and Larkin McBride are two firecrackers, and what a show they put on! Wow. I found this book to be both incredibly funny, and sexy- something that many authors try for, but is actually quite difficult to achieve.

Joy, a vampire with no sense of smell, works at the family funera
Bitten_by_Books
In The Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest, Joy Polanski is a five hundred year old vampire and member of the family Polanski, owners of a string of funeral homes. At the viewing of an apparent suicide victim, Alan Perkins, Joy meets Detective Larkin McBride, a friend of Alan’s. They are both shocked and confused to discover that Larkin can read Joy’s mind. Larkin is even more confused because he had “heard” Joy think something about vampires...

For the entire review please go to the Best Par
Lana S.
I loved it. Very funny short story and I cannot wait to read the second in the series.
Catlin
This book is the ultimate anti-femanist piece of literature ever written (and this comes from someone who is not a femanist in any way) - at one point I'm pretty sure the protagonist's father tells her new lover to 'control his woman'. Quite frankly I'm appauled at myself for reading the whole thing in the desparate search for some kind of redeeming feature. To anyone else on this quest: give up now, such a positive quality does not exist.
Shoulanda August
Great short story

I love reading about vampires and this was my first time reading Dakota Cassidy. A series I look forward to reading. My first reading about a clan that sticks together as a family and run a funeral parlor. Great description to details and about only being able to mate with your true love makes it even better. A murder mystery, let them keep coming
SB Morales
This was not the usual vampire story I'm use to. I immediately loved Spencer! She was so quirky and fun just trying to get through eternity with her clan. This was a fast and entertaining read. Once I started it I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book and find out if Spencer ever finds her mate! Great start to a series I'm sure I'll be obsessing over.
Melanie Tikalsky
Hooked!

Dakota had me from page one with this laugh out loud story. Love the murder/mystery element! Off to grab part 2!
Anne-Kathrine
Bought on Changeling Press, converted to use on Kindle.
Enjoyed this book, fun with different vampires :) throw in some mystery and lots of hotness and it makes for a fun read :)
Crystal Flannery
Part 1 of a serial set
always nice to have a twist on a paranormal romance! It was such a fun read! Def leaves u hanging for the next book, but can't wait.
~★Kimberly★~
3.5 stars.

Cute story. Looking to forward to the rest of the installments.
Minnie F
Minnie F marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Lisa Weaver
Lisa Weaver marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Leather &
Leather & marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Schellie
Schellie marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Astrid Spanninga
Astrid Spanninga marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Holli Greer
Holli Greer marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Cynthia Grantham
Cynthia Grantham marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Tasha Livingstone
Tasha Livingstone marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Demon Street Blues (Wicked Good Witches Book 1)
  • Oz Bites (Biting Love, #4.5)
  • Prima (Vanguards, #6)
  • Death's Servant (The V V Inn, Prequel Stories, #1)
  • Serious Leigh (Literal Leigh Romance Diaries, #2)
  • Hotel Hex (Hex, #4.5)
  • How to Date a Vampire (Rylie Cruz, #2)
  • Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2)
  • Broken Heart Tails (Broken Heart, #8.5)
  • Shadow Heart: Slayer (Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • The Vampire Wardens and Werewolf Society 5 Story Box Set
  • Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair, #8)
  • Vampire for Christmas
  • Darlings of Darkness
  • Make Me (Demon Underground, #4)
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • Wings of Shadow (Underground, #1)
  • Stand Close 1
Dakota Cassidy lives for a good laugh in life and in her writing. In fact, she almost loves a good giggle as much as she loves hair products and that’s saying something.

Her goals in life are simple, (like really simple): banish the color yellow forever, create world peace via hot rollers and Aqua Net; and finally, nab every tiara in the land by competing in the Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss W
More about Dakota Cassidy...

Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest (4 books)
  • Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest - Part Two (Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest, #2)
  • Polanski Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest-- Part Three (A Humorous Paranormal Romance) A hot, alpha male detective. A feisty vampire. A murder or two. A sexy, naughty adventure.
  • Polanksi Brothers: Home of Eternal Rest-- Part 4 (A Humorous Paranormal Romance) A hot, alpha male detective. A feisty vampire. A murder or two. A sexy, naughty adventure.
The Accidental Werewolf (Accidentals, #1) Accidentally Dead (Accidentals, #2) The Accidental Human (Accidentals, #3) Accidentally Demonic (Accidentals, #4) Accidentally Catty (Accidentals, #5)

“I know what I heard, Ms. Polanski,” he said firmly, those lovely lips of his thinning with discontent. “You won’t admit it, but I heard you think the word vampire.” “Maybe that’s because you’re just like one, Detective. Because as of right now, you’re sucking the life out of me.” 1 likes