Start by marking “Welcome to the Funny Farm: The All-True Misadventure of a Woman on the Edge” as Want to Read:
Welcome to the Funny Farm: The All-True Misadventure of a Woman on the Edge

Welcome to the Funny Farm: The All-True Misadventure of a Woman on the Edge

Guides readers on a tour of a woman's life. This title covers topics from baby showers to cell phones, chin hair to Hamburger Helper, defrosted turkeys to Barry Manilow, and dumb blonde jokes to well-woman exams. It aims to inspire, entertain and shed light on principles of spiritual wellness and Christian living to enrich the life of the reader.
Published June 1st 2001 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to the Funny Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to the Funny Farm

Kathy
Oct 22, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
This collection of amusing incidents in the author's life concludes with a spiritual application at the end of each story. Linamen is very real, very human, and very Christian. I wasn't expecting the "moral of the story" kind of experience when I got the book, but grew to enjoy it. It helped me think maybe I could do the same in my own life--draw a lesson from my own mis-adventures.
Stacie Sullivan
Jul 05, 2014 Stacie Sullivan rated it liked it
3 stars for being a clean and uplifting read. But, unfortunately, I couldn't even finish the book. There were a few laughs, but mainly I found it dull.
Elena
Oct 23, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
Lighthearted read, chock full of adorably imperfect moments of life and little nuggets of wisdom.
Nimira Dhanani
So true

I could relate to many aspects of this book and getting a different perspective was good. Plenty of laughs as well.
Lie
Dec 31, 2014 Lie rated it it was ok
Shelves: linamen
not my thing !!
Gabrielle
Jun 18, 2011 Gabrielle rated it liked it
I have no idea where this book came from nor did I know anything about the author before reading it. I found out that she is a devout Christian which I was not expecting. This is not a negative just an observation. Some of the stories in the collection were laugh out loud funny.
Rachel
Dec 06, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
This was a hilariously real piece of devotional work. I appreciated Linamen's honesty, but also her way of deftly turning incredible humor into a challenge that often stepped on my spiritual toes. I look forward to reading this one again and again.... something I rarely do.
Wendy
Nov 03, 2008 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008-books
Cute little read. The author is a Christian writer, and each chapter is an article she wrote for a Christian magazine. The articles are funny, uplifting, and left me with a smile.
Mimi
Dec 12, 2010 Mimi rated it really liked it
Funny, inspiring and uplifting -- what more could you want??
Katie
May 05, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok
I was hoping for a funny light-hearted book not something preachy.
Pam
Dec 26, 2015 Pam rated it liked it
Funny book.
Elisabeth Lee
Elisabeth Lee rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Lorraine
Lorraine is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2016
Lisa Lineaweaver
Lisa Lineaweaver rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Joyce Wrubel
Joyce Wrubel rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
CL
CL marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Carmaleta Miller
Carmaleta Miller rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Jessica Doran
Jessica Doran marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
ellie hall
ellie hall rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2016
Corie
Corie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
De-anne Tasker
De-anne Tasker rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Brandi Burke
Brandi Burke marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Karen Ecke
Karen Ecke rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
  • The Song of Ruth
  • Taming GI Jane
  • Yes Chef, No Chef
  • In Your Eyes
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos from Taking Over Your Life
  • Redeemed Hearts
  • This is your Life
  • Scottsdale Heat (Laura Black Mysteries, #1)
  • Fell's Hollow
  • One Way Or Another
  • Mentalpause and Other Midlife Laughs
  • Come Fly With Me
  • Lammas: Celebrating Fruits of the First Harvest
  • Protected Hearts (Rosewood, Texas, #1)
  • He Is Risen (The Adventures of Jesus Christ)
  • Sacred Stories: Wisdom from World Religions
  • The Book of Calamities: Five Questions About Suffering and Its Meaning
  • Anything You Can Do

“Lord, hang on to me. I know I should be hanging on to you, but I’m not. The truth is, I feel too wounded and broken and angry and rebellious and hurt right now to hang on to you. So if I’m going to get through this at all, it’s got to be up to you. See me through this, Lord, hang on, please hang on to me and don’t let go.” 2 likes
“The Bible tells me that “every good and perfect gift is from the Lord.” I believe it. But, unlike things like stress and calories, these good gifts really are optional—I can choose to push them away, or I can embrace them with open arms. I wonder how many good gifts I’ve left unopened because I was too stressed, harried, or just plain shortsighted to recognize them for what they were?” 2 likes