Start by marking “The Desert King (Throne of Judar #3)” as Want to Read:
The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)

The Desert King (Throne of Judar #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  493 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Their farce of a marriage will save his kingdom. And in return for an heir, Kamal Aal Masood will give his new wife Aliyah anything--except the trust and intimacy she desperately wants. When Kamal abruptly ended their blistering affair years ago, he vowed Aliyah would never ensnare him again. Only a fool allowed his actions to be ruled by his heart. And only a woman like A ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books (first published August 21st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Desert King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Desert King

The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
1st out of 378 books — 51 voters
To Touch a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Desert Lord's Baby by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia Gates
Great Sheikh Romances
4th out of 70 books — 63 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
These Sheikh romance books are fast becoming my guiltily pleasure.

This was a great book. Beautifully written and engaging, with a strong plot, richly developed characters, and a spicy romance.

The hero, Kamal, is one of the cruelest characters I've read. The things said out of vengeance to Aliyah, the heroine, were down right spiteful. I hated him for at least half the book. However, when Kamal finally learns and accepts the truth about what happened years ago, and how his own behavior played a r
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was my favorite of the Throne of Judar series because we see a hard, immovable man brought to his knees with the realization that he did wrong the woman he loved and who loved him. Not that I like to see a person suffer, but this hero does grovel and does make amends for the horrible way he treated the heroine when he should. He also makes a decision that a power-craving man would only make if he really loves a woman, although he is in no way manipulated or guilted into doing so by Aliyah. ...more
The Desert King
Kamal & Aliyah’s Story
Kamal Aal Massood & Aliyah Morgan

This is the third and final book in the Throne of Judar Trilogy.
This is the story of Kamal and Aliyah. This story will keep you in suspense from beginning to end. Unlike his brothers Kamal was a man referred to in the region as out of control. Kamal and Aliyah have a history. At the point of the story they don’t even like each other. Passion will make these two forget the past and the future will take care of itself. Y
Christa Runge
Kamal goes from brutal to passionate to sincere. His atonement gesture nearly melted me. Aliyah was sharp tongued and had a come back for everything. She was his equal and made the perfect queen to sit beside him on the throne. Since this is book three in a series about three brothers there is no way to choose a favourite brother. All three pocessed individual characteristics that had the power to bring a woman to her knees. But I do think Aliyah was my favourite h.
This has got to be one of the most powerful, emotional and erotic love stories I've ever read. OK, make that THE most powerful...etc. :-)

Kamal is GORGEOUS. He's dark and overriding and witty and passionate and I could just feel all this virility and charisma radiating off the pages. Aliyah was the only woman who could withstand all this, tame this force of nature and own this incredible man and king's heart and soul forever.

But watch it while you're reading this book. NO reading it in public pl

But watch it while you're reading this book. NO reading it in public pla
Just incredible! The final book in the throne of Judar series, is amazing. Powerful and passionate with some of the most memorable scenes I've ever read. The sword fight during the wedding, and the wedding night are unforgettable. But then so is the rest of the book. Kamal and Aliyah are incredible together. So much angst and passion and such deep love. Also the best grovelling scene I've ever read. The Desert King really blew me away!
This was a decent read but the use of Arabic words-then reciting its meaning in english irritated me,also the description of clothes,surroundings palace was too much and too lengthy

Kamal-Aliyah both meet and fall in love but cause of the third person Shane who is the person who was jealous and said some horrible things about Aliyah and based on circumstantial things and Shane's words Kamal jumped to conclusion and dumped Aliyah,way he dumped Aliyah was really cruel but then after 7 years he has
Fantastic. Overwhelming. Unforgettable. And all THAT could only describe the wedding scene and wedding night. I mean, that sword duel between Kamal and Aliyah in their wedding was AMAZING! You should read the book for these parts alone.

But then the rest of the book is as incredible. Kamal and Aliyah have a heartbreaking past, and they are both powerful, amazing people who have to marry their worst enemy, each other, to save their kingdoms, Judar and Zohayd. The way they find their way back to ea
Geraldine Jefferson
The Desert King is an explosively emotional finale to the Throne of Judar series by Olivia Gates. One of the most powerful, passionate books I've ever read. Written with such poetry and power and passion, every page took my breath away. Kamal and Aliyah's love story deserves to be up there with all the classic love stories in history. A ten-star book!
Olivia Gates saved the absolute best for last in the Throne of Judar trilogy. Kamal and Aliyah blazed through this firestorm of a story and took my breath away. I'll always remember that wedding and that sword fight and gasp and have my heart hammer through the memory like it did the first time I read them. The Desert King was nothing short of incredible!
Fiona Marsden
Aug 28, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
So you liked the first two Throne of Judar books and wanted more. Olivia Gates gives you more in The Desert King. More passion, more angst, more of that fabulous exotic background. And more Hero and Heroine.
Kamal might be the baby of the family but he's taller and darker and angrier than both his brothers. We've seen a little of that dark side in the earlier books but now faced with his demons we get the full treatment.
The breakup with Aliyah seven years ago marked both their lives drastically.
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Well I am at a loss for words! Only a genius can come up with such a great storyline. The two main characters are both strong and vulnerable in their own way .

I found the imagery created in this story was incredibly strong. For example the scene where Aliyah shows up to Kamal's ascension to the throne in a black wedding dress at that! Black - the colour of power in Judar, the colour of mourning in the West! A double-edged sword for Kamal!

Just fabulous writing that I've come to expect from Olivi
I love the way Mrs. Gates so eloquently write her novels, especially this one. I love to devour them and then read them over and over again, slowly, so as to savor them as I love the intensity and passion in which she express herself. She is a first class authoress and I know her works will be cherished for generations to come.
An explosively emotional and passionate ending to the Throen of Judar trilogy! Kamal and Aliyah set the pages on fire from start to finish. I've reread this book so many times I ruined the book, then bought another one and downloaded it to my Nook. It's THAT good!
Ms. Gates' books are so delightfully OTT dramatic, you can't help being dragged along for a ride. In the end, I can't tell you what exactly happened and what couldn't be solved without the hysterics.

2 sheik books and counting- I'm still hooked. ^_^
Empi Baryeh
An excellent read.
Shirley Buchanan
In this final installment of the Throne of Judar trilogy, Olivia Gates pulls out all the stops. Kamal's two older brothers have found the loves of their lives and abdicated the throne. Kamal is the only eligible heir left to marry the Aal Shalaan heiress, but there is one small problem. They had an affair seven years ago, and it ended in disaster.

Kamal is a strong, commanding alpha male who made his fortune outside the royal circles he was raised in. During a business trip to L.A., he met and fe
And explosively passionate and emotional ending to a magnificent trilogy (even though each book can be read alone) Throne of Judar was one hell of an exotic, emotional ride and I loved every word of it. Kamal and Aliyah's story was indeed a fitting end and a book I've reread so many times I've stopped counting. Truly epic!
Nelly Strong
An explosive finale to Throne of Judar trilogy and the best book yet in the series, maybe even the best book I've ever read. I don't remember when I've been so engrossed and moved by a story or characters. I keep rereading it over and over again!
Kamal and Aliyah became my favorite Olivia Gates hero and heroine as I read their explosive passionate story. I can't put into words how much I enjoyed it!
Not one of my favorites of the series. Aliyah and Kamal were lovers seven years ago. At the time, she was withdrawing from a drug addiction caused by being misdiagnosed with ADHD. Kamal believed her to be a drug addict. Since he couldn't deal with the ramifications of her addiction, he decides to ruthlessly end their relationship. This nearly destroys Aliyah. The story opens when they are now forced to marry for a strategic alliance between their two countries.

I struggled with the brutality of t
Tanya Mayes
I love this story about Kamal and Aliyah it was a very enjoyable read.
Olivia Gates strikes again she has a way of drawing you into the hero and heroine's life. From the beginning I was pulled into the story. I was so upset with Kamal that I was fussing at him and for Aliyah I just felt bad and wanted to help her. But as I got into the book my feelings for both of them started to change. I seen both of them as very strong people (Aliyah was definitely Kamal's match) who were hurt by their past a
And the trilogy ends on a same bad note as it started with in The Desert Lord's Baby and continued in The Desert Lord's Bride.
A jerk of a hero (and rather gullible for a king) and a glutton for punishment heroine (typical for a SD category book) who haven't yet (and probably never would) master the art of communication, a rather non-existent plot, and again lots of meaningless sex.

Yet another book based on a misunderstanding (this one started seven years ago), lots of incomprehension, and severe
Intense. That's the word for this novella. I just realized that it would have been best if I started from the first book then followed through, because the story only got better.

Between Kamal and Amjad (To Touch A Sheikh), Kamal is the more ruthless one, almost bordering on cruelty as Aliyah put it. But as unforgiving as he is, he's that much deeply in love with Aliyah.

Aliyah, she's a true heroine. She's suffered through so much and came out victorious, even during the first months with Kamal. S
The Desert King is a breathtaking ending to a breathtaking series, the Throne of Judar. Though the first two books are increidble it's still hands down my favorite among the three books. Kamal is a force of nature like the author says, and he found his match in the powerful, passionate Aliyah. The fireworks of their passion was spectacular, just like the rest of the book!
An unbelievably fantastic ending to a magnificent trilogy. The Desert King is a firestorm of passion and emotion set in the most breathtaking setting and written by a virtuoso. The wedding scene alone and the duel is worth ten major bestsellers to me, and I've forgotten how many times I've re-read this treasure. Far more than five stars!
The Hero realizes his huge mistake - very remorseful - words and actions to atone. 5 stars for this alone. Not enough books where the Hero realizes his mistakes and tries everything to make it up to the heroine. The writing is very good. The dialogue between the H/h is excellent.
This book was the perfect closing to this series! Everything seemed to come together and showed that anything is possible. This family came together in a rough time. How many families would do what they had to do?
The kind of author which have many heartwrenching but happy ending story? 2 11 Jun 24, 2012 06:20AM
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50)
  • The Desert Bride (Lynne Graham Collection, #3)
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • Desert Warrior
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • The Sheik and the Bought Bride (Desert Rogues, #13) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1999)
  • Dante: Claiming His Secret Love-Child (Orisini Brothers, #2)

Throne of Judar (3 books)
  • The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1) The Sarantos Secret Baby To Tame a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd #1) The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2) To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)