Start by marking “Shattered Chains (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Chains (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #2)

Shattered Chains (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves #2)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Spare us from plague, drought, and wizardly duels..."

To common folk like Gull and Greensleeves, wizards were a blight on the land. When Greensleeves discovered her own magical ability, she decided to use it to break the power of the other wizards.

Gull's army helped, but not much--and Gull wasn't much of a general. Their mana vault might have helped, but she hadn't learned
Published February 16th 1995 by HarperEntertainment

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Chains

Myles
Clayton Emery obliquely challenged Forstchen's Arena in Whispering Woods by shifting the emphasis of the story from a macho wizardly pissing contest to a real struggle of the 'little guy' versus the predations of wizards. Shattered Chains not only builds on the strengths of the book it also incorporates Noreen of Benalia and Garth One-Eye from Arena, last seen riding off into the sunset, literally. Of course.

The book starts a few years after the ending of Whispering Woods and Arena, Garth and No
Karlie Nyte
Not the best Magic novel that I've ever read, that's for sure. The book was entertaining, for the actual tie ins to the game. However, the characters didn't really develop that much, and frankly, the plot was poor. It's too bad really - I think the story could have had real potential. But - it was an entertaining book, even though poorly developed.
Pat
This was a large step in this series. The first one made me not want to read it. However, this brought old characters and new ones to make up for the previous novels. The beginning took awhile to get started but once the plot was established had a good flow to it. I think the best part of the whole novel was the last third of the book. The characters that they met, the places they went, and the battles they fought were the best at the end. The resolution of the novel was well planned and it lays ...more
Timothy Boyd
Good Story based on the card game. Quick and easy read. Recommended
Nick
Best part of the book: The dated cover.
Stephen
I have really enjoyed this series so far. I think I rate it so highly only because I am a Magic: the Gathering player and this series is filled with game references and nostalgia for the cards that I remember from the early days of the game.
Jeffrey
Feb 05, 2010 Jeffrey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Not recommendable
Shelves: fantasy
I think I could write a better book.
Tom Folsom
This was... just terrible.
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Will González
Will González marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Lorenzo Miracapillo
Lorenzo Miracapillo marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
James Mace
James Mace marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Momma Val
Momma Val marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Ethan Knox
Ethan Knox marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kimochi Neina
Kimochi Neina marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Nana Van liempd
Nana Van liempd marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 26, 2015
  • Arena (Magic: The Gathering)
  • The Cursed Land (Magic: The Gathering)
  • Ashes of the Sun (Magic: The Gathering)
  • The Prodigal Sorcerer (Magic: The Gathering)
  • The Eternal Ice (Magic: The Gathering: Ice Age Cycle, #2)
  • Prophecy (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #3)
  • Planeshift (Magic: The Gathering: Invasion Cycle, #2)
  • Nemesis (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #2)
  • Tapestries (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #1)
  • Mercadian Masques (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #1)
  • Planeswalker (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #2)
  • Bloodlines: The Story of Urza's Destiny (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #4)
  • The Fifth Dawn (Magic: The Gathering: Mirrodin Cycle, #3)
  • Rath and Storm (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #3)
  • The Colors of Magic (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #4)
  • Distant Planes (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #2)
  • Chainer's Torment (Magic: The Gathering: Odyssey Cycle, #2)
19559
Clayton Emery is an umpteen-generations Yankee, Navy brat, and aging hippie who grew up playing Robin Hood in the forests of New England.

He's been a blacksmith, dishwasher, schoolteacher in Australia, carpenter, zookeeper, farmhand, land surveyor, volunteer firefighter, and award-winning technical writer.

He's a member of the Mystery Writers of America and Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers of America
More about Clayton Emery...

Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves (3 books)
  • Whispering Woods (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #1)
  • Final Sacrifice (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #3)
Whispering Woods (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #1) Sword Play (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #1) Final Sacrifice (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #3) Dangerous Games (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #2) Mortal Consequences (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #3)