Death Note 09: Contacto

Death Note 09: Contacto (Death Note #9)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  7,338 ratings  ·  127 reviews
A estas alturas, ya sólo el cuartel general de investigaciones puede ponerse en movimiento para recuperar la libreta de manos de Mello. Con tal de mover sus peones, Light planea una táctica en la que el cuaderno tiene un papel fundamental... Por otra parte, al mismo tiempo, Sôichirô Yagami regresa al cuartel general. ¿¡Qué papel desempeñará su padre en el plan de Light...!...more
Paperback, 1, 200 pages
Published June 30th 2007 by Glénat (first published December 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note 09, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note 09

Kit Kat
Without L...

the real L...

description

It's just not the same...

description

Annie
Oh god. First of all light is freaking idiot. Second Misa is so dumb i can't even. I still miss L. I don't know why am I still reading this but I really want to know how is this going to end.
Sophia F
BTW, I HAVE SOME SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW......……
In this volume, a lot of shocking things happen, both narrowing down Near's suspects, and raising the pressure for Light as both L, and Kira.
Light as a character has great acting skills, but sometimes he really irritates me because of it. Such as earlier in the series when L says he wants them to be friends, and then Light is just like: "sounds good!" (I was just like AWWWW!) But THEN later Light was screaming in his room, (which I'm surprised no o...more
Nick
Overall Rating: A++
Synopsis: A psychological/supernatural thriller created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and illustrator Takeshi Obata, Death Note follows a high school student, Light Yagami, who discovers the notebook of a shinigami that allows him to kill anyone by writing the victim's name while picturing his or her face. Light's goal is to create and lead a world cleansed of evil using the book, but where is the line between an honorable goal, and mass murder?

The note book has a series of instructi
Dong
Death Note Vol.9: Contact is written by Tsugumi Ohba and drawn by Takeshi Obata and is 200 pages long. The genre of the story is mystery and also realistic modern time science fiction.

In this volume, Light is trying his best to get rid of Mello, who recently gained the Notebook from his father, traded with his sister. Light deceives the anti-Kira police division by acting threatening the police with his secret identity, Kira, and tells them to finish off Mello and retrieve the Notebook. Light's...more
Emma
This series seems to never end! This book was the last one in my school library so now I have to request the next one. To be completely honest, I think this series is being dragged on a bit too much. Not that I'm not interested but I'm certainly not as nearly engrossed as I was previously. The book in itself, though, involves a good plot and seems to point in the direction of some sort of conclusion to this lengthy series. The illustrations are good as always and the genius of Tsugumi Ohba still...more
Natasha
Sem
I like this series very much -- it has real substance -- and I'd be inclined to give it four stars as a whole were it not for the fact that, dare I say it, I don't like any of the characters. They're interesting and yet repellent. During the first half of the series, the push and pull between Light and L was enough to keep one's mind off the truly unsympathetic nature of both protagonists but with L no longer on the scene -- replaced by the even more creepy Mello and Near -- it's hard to care. L...more
Jules
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
This volume was kind of frustrating. I felt like it tried to do too much and lost itself along the way. There wasn't enough to really capture my attention so I spent much of the volume skimming. Arguably, I may have enjoyed the volume more if I'd read more carefully, but the volume should have been plotted better to hold my attention.

I'm disliking Light more and more. He hasn't changed per se. I always knew that he was an arrogant megalomaniac. What I've respected most about him is his intellige...more
Yaya
So this is probably one of the weaker volumes, but give the guy a break, even he needs to take a breath. But what Kira is experiencing isn't very dissimilar from the author, everything should have already come into plain view, especially to the task force, there are too many coincidences, it's absurd. It's like they're both panicking and adding more intricacies to try and hide the fact that they're losing their footing. But, it's still good, maybe the author intended to set the tone that way. Ne...more
Vansii Letø
Yep, I really don't like Near!! But I do love Death Note so I just have to accept him, right!? :D
Sunday
It was really good even with the death of Light Yagami father. I knew that it wouldn't affect him at all with his father death. I was glad his father was happy that he learn his son was "not" a death note user. Light is still after Mello and Near real name, while they are trying to find Kira real name. Near knows that Kira is in the Japanese Task-force. Even with my knowledge from the anime, I am still enjoying the thrill for what is going to happen next. Even if I already seen it in anime form....more
Kereesa
Volume 9 in the Death Note series mostly revolved around Light, Near and Mello all trying to figure each other out. Near's getting far too close to the truth for Light, and Mello has become too much of a risk to let live, neither, however, are allowing Light to gain any ground. Silly Light, you'll outmaneuver them someday. Or not, considering this series does end in like 3 volumes...

I actually enjoyed this volume for the most part. The Misa scene was very hilarious, and I was surprised how touch...more
Bonnie
David
Over the course of nine whole volumes I've become rather fond of the little team unwittingly working for Kira to capture Kira... Bless 'em. They're gonna be so crushed when they find out.

The scene of going to get Mello was awesome! (view spoiler)

Also, loved this beauty of a quote from Aizawa, sound reasoning for why Kira r...more
Yuki
Why must Light cause his family so much suffering? It's just sad, it is. Light, that was a very smart move to give up your possession of the notebook...you would have been screwed otherwise. Misa-good job, darling-you did a great job being Kira. :) I don't know why the Japanese police doesn't think that it's suspicious for Kira to give them the notebook and not want it back...Soichiro, why must you be the one to make the eye trade? There isn't a thing as being too noble, but there is suffering f...more
Taruia
Now this is just getting tedious. Now the dynamic duo or Mello and Near (because they surely are accurate translations of the names from Japanese into English, because they aren't stupid at all) are closing in on L and now the Japanese Police Taskforce (happy for the entire operation to be run by a 17yr old) are having their own doubts. How will it all end? Frankly, who cares?
Rita
Não sei se não estava muito para aqui virada, mas este nono volume não me entusiasmou tanto como os anteriores.

A verdade é que a história está praticamente na mesma. Houve mais uma morte, que achei uma pena pois até simpatizava com o personagem. A frieza de Light numa situação destas e nos momentos que a antecederam é qualquer coisa...

Como se não bastasse agora o mundo adora Kira e desgraçado de quem estiver contra ele!

Pelo menos parece que Near está a fazer progressos rumo à verdade e já tem...more
Ricky
I'm really not liking this so much without L. Near is a really weaksauce substitute, and Mello...I don't like at all. And I'm still not convinced Mello's a dude. This series cannot end soon enough, believe me.
Elise
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Can I start by saying that I'm still not convinced Mello is a guy? He most definitely looks like a girl.

The focus of this volume shifts away from Light a good deal to focus on the rivalry between Near and Mello as both try to stop Kira first. And while I loved the back and forth between Light and L, the battle between Light/Near/Mello just isn't quite as exciting as it was between Light and L.

The noose finds itself tightening...more
Unicat
Une de mes séries de mangas préférées qui marie fantastique, suspens et légendes japonaises. Très prenant, personnages attachants et forts.De très beaux dessins également.
Morgan
Contact did not rise to the expectations I had of it from the previous books in the Death Note series. It seemed to be chasing it's tail as Light had to solve the same problems, just now in the form of two people, Near and Mello.
One of the main repetition problems in Contact was sheer fact of the inclusion of Mello and Near. Since they were chosen to be L's successors, they are remarkably like him. We had to watch as they came to the same conclusions as L did, the same WAY he did.
Other than the...more
Adriana
Probably the best volume yet! I really like L's cleverness, and not to mention the stakes are higher than ever because the end is near...
ArdnAskelA
Quel retournement de situation ! Pourquoi il faut qu'à chaque fois que Light est près de son but, réussir à récupérer le Death Note et connaître les noms des successeurs de L, il faut que quelque chose dans son plan foire et qu'il rate l'occasion ? J'imagine que la réponse est parce que sinon ce ne serait pas intéressant, pas vrai ? Bref, encore une occasion ratée pour Light de se débarrasser de Mello et Near, mais qui sait peut-être qu'il y arrivera.. Sinon, je trouve dommage que M. Yagami soit...more
Mingo Johnson
Near uses Mellow to help confirm suspicions that L and Kira are one and the same. Will Light take to rash actions.
Ana
Hm não sei o que é que se passa com esta história mas estou com a sensação que não está a progredir assim tanto quanto isso! Para além de que não deixa de ser estranho ver Light tão encurralado na sua própria teia ...

Espero, muito sinceramente, que os últimos volumes desta saga estejam melhor e que consigam dar-lhe um bom final.
I'mogén
This is such an easy manga to dive back into. I hadn't read any more in this series, since volume 8 and I believe I had like an involuntary year gap between reads. However, you easily remember what's going on with the handy 'previously' section of the book. It has all the drama and suspense a full fledged novel would have, assisted with the extraordinary illustrations of the great Takeshi Obata.
Ohba and Obata are such a great team, I'll have to look into more of their work after I finish the De...more
Karla Cabcam
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Death Note: Another Note
  • Death Note: L, Change the World
  • Bleach Volume 13: The Undead (Bleach #13)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十一
1978
Tsugumi Ohba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ohba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation th...more
More about Tsugumi Ohba...
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2) Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4) Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)

“Mogi: Greg Parker left the hideout a while ago and bought a large amount of food. He's heading back to the hideout now. And I've been able to ascertain that he purchased multiple boxes of the same brand chocolate.

Aizowa: That clinches it.

Ide: It feels a little strange that chocolate is the deciding factor here.”
82 likes