Start by marking “The Audrey Hepburn Treasures” as Want to Read:
The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

With nearly thirty movies, countless awards, and an unwavering commitment to UNICEF, Audrey Hepburn's life served as an example of both style and purpose. From her early dance performances for the Dutch resistance during World War II to her London cabaret days and her breakthrough roles in "Gigi" and "Roman Holiday, " audiences worldwide have long been enchanted by Audrey' ...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about The Audrey Hepburn Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit by Sean Hepburn FerrerAudrey Hepburn by Barry ParisAudrey Hepburn by Diana MaychickHow to be Lovely by Melissa HellsternEnchantment by Donald Spoto
Audrey Hepburn
30 books — 4 voters
Champagne Supernovas by Maureen CallahanDior by Patrick DemarchelierManolo Blahnik and the Tale of the Elves and the Shoemaker by Camilla MortonThis Little Piggy Went to Prada by Amy AllenGrace by Grace Coddington
Fashion
118 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
Jan 24, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Audrey Hepburn, people who love beautiful coffee table books
Beautiful book! Anyone who is a fan of Audrey Hepburn should own this book. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas and I love it. Not only is it a beautiful story of Audrey Hepburn, it's full of mementos of hers like letters, tickets, drawings, invitations, you name it. This woman is not only the epitome of style and grace, she was also a great philanthropist. We could all learn so much from her, men as well as women.
Iloveshakespeare
Apr 14, 2011 Iloveshakespeare rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It is a wonderful look into the life of not the icon, but I think, the woman. The idea of having those pouches (for lack of a better word), which hold prints of photographs, letters and so forth, makes the book personal. It is like a treasure and I have to say, I was teary eyed at the end.

So if you like Audrey Hepburn: buy it. :-)
Katie
Sep 20, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies
Who could ask for more? A beautiful woman. Learning of her dreams and aspirations and who she became was thrilling, interactive, and engaging. I would recommend this not to fans, but to Hepburn devotees.
Amy
Nov 21, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Grade: A+

AUDREY HEPBURN TREASURES is one of the most unique coffee table books I've ever seen filled not just with pictures on pages but scanned replicas of letters, call sheets, business cards, postcards, telegrams and much more. Every chapter has at least one section with waxed paper-like envelopes containing these true treasures thrusting me back to an era long ago. I felt as though I were leafing through her actual scrapbooks.

This masterpiece is a must for any Audrey fan. You'll want to come
Chelsey
Apr 21, 2008 Chelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you who don't know, Audrey Hepburn is my current fixation. I have seen almost all of her films, which you should all watch, and this is the second biography I have read about her. This one is really cool because inside it has replicas of some of her things such as: scripts with her notes, programs she signed, family Christmas cards, etc., This is just a really fun book to read. She lived a great life.
Squiggles{Kelly}
Nov 29, 2008 Squiggles{Kelly} rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Audrey Hepburn fans
I have three heros- Carol Burnette, my mom and Audrey Hepburn. I love this book about the last of these, the immortal Audrey. Her talent, style and charm are so unique and so clearly shown in these pages. The momentos of her life (including a letter from CARY GRANT!!!) make her so accesible- she was a real person like the rest of us! I highly reccomend this book- be prepared to pour over it for hours!
Abby2
Oct 13, 2008 Abby2 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
This is a fabulous book on Audrey Hepburn! It tells her life story from when she grew up in Europe during the war to her two husbands and her fabulous fashion. I learned sooo much about Audrey that I hadn't known before (it's kind of a hobby of mine to read about Audrey and Grace Kelly). Also, there are pullouts in the book. There are copies of Hepburn family Christmas cards, pictures of Grace when she was a dancer, and pics of her family in Europe. It's a truly amazing book.
Brenda
Dec 10, 2008 Brenda rated it really liked it
This coffee table book was given to me as a gift from my good friend Roberto. I love. Any one who appreciates the beauty of Audrey Hepburn will appreciate all the little trinkets and cards and pix in this book. It's delicate and feminine. Love it.
Kristie
Mar 09, 2011 Kristie rated it it was amazing
Probably the best Audrey Hepburn biography I've read :o)
James
Feb 08, 2009 James rated it it was amazing
Very cool book along with many extras!! Nice for a coffee table or just to have on your shelf!!
Kara Vehar
Feb 02, 2011 Kara Vehar rated it it was amazing
I love love love Audrey Hepburn and this is a great book!
Patrizia
Feb 17, 2013 Patrizia rated it it was amazing
via amazon.de:

In der luxuriös ausgestatteten Bild-Biographie, entstanden in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund, stehen Audreys eigene Worte im Mittelpunkt und sorgen für eine einzigartig persönliche Erzählung. Diese besondere Sammlung zeigt ca. 200 Schwarzweiß- und Farbfotografien, die aus dem Hepburn-Nachlass sorgsam ausgewählt wurden, sowie Reproduktionen von Andenken aus Audreys Leben. Das Buch enthält 34 entnehmbare Dokumente, unter anderem einen Auszug aus dem Drehbuch v
Melanie
Mar 29, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies
What a fun book! I was overjoyed to discover that my local library had a copy of this treasure. Not only is this an informative biography of the lovely Audrey Hepburn, it also contains little velum sleeves filled with interesting mementos from her life. The pictures were fantastic and I enjoyed reading over the reproductions of letters, playbills, ticket stubs and other little tokens. I adore Audrey Hepburn! She is very different from the celebrities we constantly hear about now, in that she nev ...more
Ape
Mar 17, 2011 Ape rated it liked it
This is a coffee table book really, but out of all the Audrey Hepburn books out there, it is quite original and definately worth a read for any fan.

It is brief in regards to details, and it gets through her life really quickly. If you're wanting depth, you can't go wrong with Paris' biography. However, the special thing about this book is all the pockets, like a scrapbook or a box of treasures. And in these you will find replicas of family photos, drawings, letters to and from Audrey, contracts,
Chris Gorvan
Mar 05, 2008 Chris Gorvan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
A wonderful book about a truly remarkable woman. It tracks Hepburn's life from beginning to end and provides a few replica trinkets along the way, such as a letter from an admiring fan, dated May 1950.
Candice
Apr 04, 2007 Candice rated it liked it
Recommends it for: All enamoured of Audrey and classic flim history
A gift from my dearest doll, aj. This book keeps you busy for hours, with ingenious glassine envelope pages that include copies of actual letters, scripts, notes, photos, etc from Audrey's archives. The name says it all - this is a treasure for all fans.
Jessica
Nov 09, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I don't hide the fact that I own no less than three books on Audrey Hepburn, but this is by far my favorite. It's an awesome coffee-table book, with all the reproductions from Audrey's life that make it so much more special.
Heather
Feb 11, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
This book really is a treasure. The text, the photos, the reproductions of mementos included throughout, are all wonderful. If you love Audrey Hepburn, read this book and you'll love her even more. If you don't yet love Audrey Hepburn, read this book and you will.
Camille
Mar 25, 2013 Camille rated it it was amazing
A delicious sight for those interested in a relatively modest, successful and talented actress that was both an inspiration and a hero to those around her.

Yes, she's not just overrated through and through by everyone and everything. Haha!
Andrea
Feb 08, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
A truly unique book that is a treasure in itself! hidden inside these pages are translucent envelopes containing copies of monumental times in Audrey's life. Here you will find her birth certificate, letters and other paper memorabilia. A must-have for everyone who loves Audrey Hepburn!
Janawinkler
Sep 13, 2007 Janawinkler rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people that like Audrey Hepburn
Shelves: audreyhepburn
This is a wonderful colection of pictures and information.
You can read letters and get informed on Audrey Hepburn.
Miss
Dec 24, 2007 Miss rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love audrey hepburn. She had such a strong spirit which transcended into this biography. These documents/letters/facts were pieced together by her son. Simply wonderful darling.
Amberleigh
Sep 08, 2009 Amberleigh rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book that is nicely put together! A great coffee table book or collector's item for any Audrey Hepburn fan.
April
Jun 02, 2014 April rated it really liked it
Such a beautiful woman and forever an icon.
Lesley
Oct 27, 2013 Lesley rated it really liked it
Sheer delight….. Nostalgic and heartwarming… Approach to the biography felt like a scavenger hunt. Audrey was someone special, wasn't she?
Retailtherapy.com
Dec 27, 2009 Retailtherapy.com rated it it was amazing
Amazina
Ines
Apr 17, 2015 Ines rated it it was amazing
A must-have for every Audrey fan, truly full of treasures and inspiring as always. Best book on Audrey I've read so far.
Nadia Crawford
Sep 23, 2013 Nadia Crawford rated it it was amazing
I own this book. I received it as a birthday present from my hubby. It wonderful! Audrey Hepburn is my idol. Anything about her catches my interest.
sara frances
I wish this book went into more detail. But the little letters and keepsakes in it are really neat. I loved the letter from Cary Grant!
Sarah Wilson
Jan 21, 2008 Sarah Wilson rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! I love the reproductions in this book. It takes you back through the history of an icon.
  • Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit