The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  495 ratings  ·  41 reviews
With nearly thirty movies, countless awards, and an unwavering commitment to UNICEF, Audrey Hepburn's life served as an example of both style and purpose. From her early dance performances for the Dutch resistance during World War II to her London cabaret days and her breakthrough roles in "Gigi" and "Roman Holiday, " audiences worldwide have long been enchanted by Audrey'...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by Simon & Schuster

Karen
Jan 24, 2008 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Audrey Hepburn, people who love beautiful coffee table books
Beautiful book! Anyone who is a fan of Audrey Hepburn should own this book. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas and I love it. Not only is it a beautiful story of Audrey Hepburn, it's full of mementos of hers like letters, tickets, drawings, invitations, you name it. This woman is not only the epitome of style and grace, she was also a great philanthropist. We could all learn so much from her, men as well as women.
I loved this. It is a wonderful look into the life of not the icon, but I think, the woman. The idea of having those pouches (for lack of a better word), which hold prints of photographs, letters and so forth, makes the book personal. It is like a treasure and I have to say, I was teary eyed at the end.

So if you like Audrey Hepburn: buy it. :-)
Katie
Who could ask for more? A beautiful woman. Learning of her dreams and aspirations and who she became was thrilling, interactive, and engaging. I would recommend this not to fans, but to Hepburn devotees.
Abby2
Oct 13, 2008 Abby2 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
This is a fabulous book on Audrey Hepburn! It tells her life story from when she grew up in Europe during the war to her two husbands and her fabulous fashion. I learned sooo much about Audrey that I hadn't known before (it's kind of a hobby of mine to read about Audrey and Grace Kelly). Also, there are pullouts in the book. There are copies of Hepburn family Christmas cards, pictures of Grace when she was a dancer, and pics of her family in Europe. It's a truly amazing book.
Chelsey
For those of you who don't know, Audrey Hepburn is my current fixation. I have seen almost all of her films, which you should all watch, and this is the second biography I have read about her. This one is really cool because inside it has replicas of some of her things such as: scripts with her notes, programs she signed, family Christmas cards, etc., This is just a really fun book to read. She lived a great life.
Squiggles{Kelly}
Nov 29, 2008 Squiggles{Kelly} rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Audrey Hepburn fans
I have three heros- Carol Burnette, my mom and Audrey Hepburn. I love this book about the last of these, the immortal Audrey. Her talent, style and charm are so unique and so clearly shown in these pages. The momentos of her life (including a letter from CARY GRANT!!!) make her so accesible- she was a real person like the rest of us! I highly reccomend this book- be prepared to pour over it for hours!
Brenda
This coffee table book was given to me as a gift from my good friend Roberto. I love. Any one who appreciates the beauty of Audrey Hepburn will appreciate all the little trinkets and cards and pix in this book. It's delicate and feminine. Love it.
James Conley
Very cool book along with many extras!! Nice for a coffee table or just to have on your shelf!!
Kara Vehar
I love love love Audrey Hepburn and this is a great book!
Kristie
Probably the best Audrey Hepburn biography I've read :o)
ɐʇʇɐd
via amazon.de:

In der luxuriös ausgestatteten Bild-Biographie, entstanden in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund, stehen Audreys eigene Worte im Mittelpunkt und sorgen für eine einzigartig persönliche Erzählung. Diese besondere Sammlung zeigt ca. 200 Schwarzweiß- und Farbfotografien, die aus dem Hepburn-Nachlass sorgsam ausgewählt wurden, sowie Reproduktionen von Andenken aus Audreys Leben. Das Buch enthält 34 entnehmbare Dokumente, unter anderem einen Auszug aus dem Drehbuch v...more
Melanie
What a fun book! I was overjoyed to discover that my local library had a copy of this treasure. Not only is this an informative biography of the lovely Audrey Hepburn, it also contains little velum sleeves filled with interesting mementos from her life. The pictures were fantastic and I enjoyed reading over the reproductions of letters, playbills, ticket stubs and other little tokens. I adore Audrey Hepburn! She is very different from the celebrities we constantly hear about now, in that she nev...more
Andrea Marshall
A truly unique book that is a treasure in itself! hidden inside these pages are translucent envelopes containing copies of monumental times in Audrey's life. Here you will find her birth certificate, letters and other paper memorabilia. A must-have for everyone who loves Audrey Hepburn!
Princess
Brilliant book! It has so much detail inside this book with lots of folded out pages and letters etc to give you a real insight into Audrey's life!! Great for a big fan!!
April
Such a beautiful woman and forever an icon.
Jimena
Magnífica edición. Muy recomendable.
Heather
This book really is a treasure. The text, the photos, the reproductions of mementos included throughout, are all wonderful. If you love Audrey Hepburn, read this book and you'll love her even more. If you don't yet love Audrey Hepburn, read this book and you will.
Candice
Apr 04, 2007 Candice rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All enamoured of Audrey and classic flim history
A gift from my dearest doll, aj. This book keeps you busy for hours, with ingenious glassine envelope pages that include copies of actual letters, scripts, notes, photos, etc from Audrey's archives. The name says it all - this is a treasure for all fans.
Camille
A delicious sight for those interested in a relatively modest, successful and talented actress that was both an inspiration and a hero to those around her.

Yes, she's not just overrated through and through by everyone and everything. Haha!
Jessica
Awesome!

I don't hide the fact that I own no less than three books on Audrey Hepburn, but this is by far my favorite. It's an awesome coffee-table book, with all the reproductions from Audrey's life that make it so much more special.
Chris Gorvan
A wonderful book about a truly remarkable woman. It tracks Hepburn's life from beginning to end and provides a few replica trinkets along the way, such as a letter from an admiring fan, dated May 1950.
Miss
I absolutely love audrey hepburn. She had such a strong spirit which transcended into this biography. These documents/letters/facts were pieced together by her son. Simply wonderful darling.
Nicky
Like a scrapbook made by Audrey herself with movie stubs, old photos, and letters. It's an interesting, insightful biography of her life and a gorgeous coffee table book all in one.
Judy
I just loved looking at all the memorabilia "facsimiles" tucked into the pockets of this book. She was truly an amazing woman. I was amazed at her early life.
Photogirl
A lovely book full of memorbilia from Audrey's life. It's like a pop-up book for adults with all the tickets, notes and other things you can pull out from pocket pages.
Julia
So much more than just a coffee table delight. If you truly adore Audrey Hepburn you need to own this high quality, detailed, richly created and sourced book.
Nadia Crawford
I own this book. I received it as a birthday present from my hubby. It wonderful! Audrey Hepburn is my idol. Anything about her catches my interest.
Lesley
Sheer delight….. Nostalgic and heartwarming… Approach to the biography felt like a scavenger hunt. Audrey was someone special, wasn't she?
sara frances
I wish this book went into more detail. But the little letters and keepsakes in it are really neat. I loved the letter from Cary Grant!
Kristin
i lovelovelove audrey hepburn. I don't own this book but I want to. It has some amazing pictures and stories about ah in it.
  • How to be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life
  • James Dean: The Mutant King: A Biography
  • Vivien Leigh: An Intimate Portrait
  • The Girl Who Walked Home Alone: A Personal Biography of Bette Davis
  • Marilyn: 2the Last Take
Son of Audrey Hepburn and Mel Ferrer, born in 1960.
More about Sean Hepburn Ferrer...
Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit Audrey Hepburn. Die Legende RACEHOSS: Big Emma's Boy Racehoss: Big Emma's Boy