Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women

Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Book Description Publication Date: October 2003 Los Angeles-For five hundred years, the women in Claudia Lambert's family have studied men and passed their wisdom from mother to daughter. Disdainful of men, Claudia's daughter has refused her inheritance and now Claudia's greatest fear is that she will die without sharing the "keys to the kingdom." Acting on her husband's s...more
Published October 27th 2005 by Pax Programs, Inc (first published October 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Keys to the Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keys to the Kingdom

mike hatcher
I've read probably hundreds of books about marriage and communications. Most were not very helpful. A few were great. This one is crazy-good. The author teaches lectures about husbands and wives having a great relationship based on appreciating the uniqueness of each sex and working with what is a natural process, bringing out the best in one another .... Love it. I am curious what you think after reading it. I'm trying to get every woman I know to read it and share her thoughts.
Jonathan Pelanne
Excellent book that clearly explains differences between the sexes and how to appreciate the unique attributes associate with each sex. I highly recommend this book to both men and women & especially to couples. As I studied this book with my now fiance she was delightfully enlightened about the various stages men experience throughout their lifetime (there are 5 - you'll have to read the book to find out what they are).

*Note: As I write this I'm currently entering my Prince phase (no, not...more
Erin
I am a BIG fan of Alison Armstrong and her PAX program (www.understandmen.com). This book is essentially translating her Amazing Development of Men CD into a story format for those who prefer stories rather than "dry" nonfiction. (Although Alison's nonfiction is anything but dry!) I purchased this at a seminar several years ago and loaned to friends when I finished reading it. The story is a bit cheesy, but the content is enlightening!
Dawn M
Loved this fictional story. Teaches with tenderness and heart while encouraging no guilt for past mistakes. Bought copies for many important women in my life!
This is a very interesting book. While the story used to deliver the message is cheesey, the message itself is very interesting and thought provoking.
My husband and I have learned so much from Alison Armstrong and PAX programs, really eye-opening and paradigm-shifting information on how men and women relate to each other, and transforming all your relationships into happy ones! Reading this book was a great way to absorb some of this wisdom, a fictional story written specifically to exemplify the teachings—a departure from the usual "self help" book, it really brought the information to life in an engaging way. I'm taking the "Celebrating Men...more
Fascinating look at the communication breakdown between the sexes and what can be done about it.
Jordan Smashey
Great read! Gave me a new perspective on my marriage and I have already seen changes.
Lesley
The concept of this book was great. I found it very informative and learned a lot from it. This is the only reason I rated this as a 4. I would have much rather simply read the information as a non-fiction title. The story was uninteresting which made the fictional focus distracting. I get what the writer was going for but found myself skipping over the story to get to the information about the stages more often than not.
Melody Riches
Every woman should read this book. It helps you understand ANY man in your life better and will help you to become a better person. I am so grateful that my sister-in-law Angie suggest we read it for bookclub, otherwise I may not have read it on my own.

I am eager to read the other books by this author as well as possibly attend a workshop. This book has improved my relationship with my husband greatly.
Maralee
I just fell in Love with this book. Apart from all the knowledge (things I know my mother and grandmother don't know) and love pouring in every page, it's simply entertaining and a great read. I recommend this to Everyone, especially to those women who are clueless about men. This is a true Gem! I know I will learn something new every time I read...Because I Will re-read it! :)
GinaMaria Opalescent
EXCELLENT!!! I learned sooooo much from this book. Even though the book focuses on the stages of men's development in a lifetime, it has to naturally include women in relationship to those men. I was delighted and frankly surprised that I could apply the stages to every male I know. Not a one escaped! Applicable, highly useful, and presented in an engaging story.
Amber
I read this one three times in a row, back to back. It took that to start to absorb what I was reading. The actual writing style is dumbed down quite a bit, too much for my liking (which may be why I had to read it three times. I don't think on that level.) but the information is invaluable to the Mars vs Venus quest for answers.
Briana
This is a great primer for transforming women's relationships with men. It looks at assumptions that we make through a fictitious situation based on her classes and workshops.

I got a lot out of it and it's a must read for women who love men and want to be more effective in those relationships.
Keira
Apr 06, 2008 Keira rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Keira by: Amber Burton
An easy read about the "Stages of Development" men go through in their lives. A good book about recognizing what your man might be going through right now and how to be sensitive to his needs. A little too simplistic in writing style but she gets her point across.
Cody
Don't pick this book up if you want to put it down, you will consume it like a box of chocolates before you even realize what you did. I just wanted to read a little bit to get an idea if I should recommend it to a book club and bam... one fifth done!
Hali
Okay, this is my one self-helpish-relationship-book addition. The story is very simplistic, but it has some interesting ideas about the stages of development that men go through.
C2015
This makes so much sense. I'm still checking in to see if I agree with all it had to say but definitely a must read for all open-minded men and women!
T
Obviously not a writer by trade(rating not including writing), but very interesting ideas/theories. Great way to understand men and their thinking.
Kayf
A must read for young women before they begin to date, after they think they have found "Mr. Right", and most certainly after marriage.
Sandy Shepard
I like AA's "story" books better - this is sort of "just the facts, ma'am." Still a good read and easy to digest.
Janel
I loved this book! It validated many of the ideas I had about men and gave me some new ones to think about.
Shahidah Siraaj
If you really want to understand men (and use your understanding for good) I HIGHLY recommend this book.
Millie
Jul 11, 2008 Millie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Millie by: Stewart
This book helped me to better understand the verbal and body language of men.
Jenna T.P.
Cheesy story line but I learned a ton from it. Changed the way I view men
Lori
Good information - going to her seminar in March
Amanda
Beacon Book Club Selection July 2006
Jessica
great content about men
Myrna
I am currently reading and it is very insightful in better communications with men. If you haven't taken the PAX seminars, you should!
Elena Ohlsson
Elena Ohlsson marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
marriage 1 5 Jul 29, 2009 03:11PM
Making Sense of Men: A Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Love, Care, and Attention from All Men The Queen's Code The Amazing Development of Men In Sync with the Opposite Sex: Understand the Conflicts. End the Confusion. Make the Right Choices. Keys to the Kingdom