Start by marking “Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women” as Want to Read:
Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women

Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women

Book Description Publication Date: October 2003 Los Angeles-For five hundred years, the women in Claudia Lambert's family have studied men and passed their wisdom from mother to daughter. Disdainful of men, Claudia's daughter has refused her inheritance and now Claudia's greatest fear is that she will die without sharing the "keys to the kingdom." Acting on her husband's s ...more
Published October 27th 2005 by Pax Programs, Inc (first published October 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Keys to the Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keys to the Kingdom

mike hatcher
Jul 07, 2009 mike hatcher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feed-my-soul
I've read probably hundreds of books about marriage and communications. Most were not very helpful. A few were great. This one is crazy-good. The author teaches lectures about husbands and wives having a great relationship based on appreciating the uniqueness of each sex and working with what is a natural process, bringing out the best in one another .... Love it. I am curious what you think after reading it. I'm trying to get every woman I know to read it and share her thoughts.
Jonathan Pelanne
Sep 29, 2011 Jonathan Pelanne rated it it was amazing
Excellent book that clearly explains differences between the sexes and how to appreciate the unique attributes associate with each sex. I highly recommend this book to both men and women & especially to couples. As I studied this book with my now fiance she was delightfully enlightened about the various stages men experience throughout their lifetime (there are 5 - you'll have to read the book to find out what they are).

*Note: As I write this I'm currently entering my Prince phase (no, not
Ruth Hyland
May 12, 2016 Ruth Hyland rated it it was amazing
I really learned a lot about men and women in this book. Yet another book that has helped change my marriage. We are more connected and happier than we have ever been in our twenty years of marriage. Daring greatly and Surrendered wife are two other books that have been pivotal on my journey of love and connection. The story is super corny and cheesy but not unbearably so. It worked. In a nutshell it discusses the Developmental stages of men and what men need from us as women.
I think the 60's u
Erin
Dec 29, 2010 Erin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all women
I am a BIG fan of Alison Armstrong and her PAX program (www.understandmen.com). This book is essentially translating her Amazing Development of Men CD into a story format for those who prefer stories rather than "dry" nonfiction. (Although Alison's nonfiction is anything but dry!) I purchased this at a seminar several years ago and loaned to friends when I finished reading it. The story is a bit cheesy, but the content is enlightening!
Charmin
Oct 09, 2013 Charmin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relationship
1. Returning Home: She shouldn’t seem too involved in something when he comes back. If she is, he’ll probably leave her alone out of courtesy. "Transition time" - give time to decompress before expecting him to interact.

2. OPINION: *Ask a man his opinion. Then just listen. Don’t interrupt.

3. Being a good partner to a Prince can be difficult. Mostly, it means giving him what he needs or helping him to find it.

4. IDENTITY: It is very important for a woman to keep something in her life that has not
Priya Sekar
Feb 17, 2017 Priya Sekar rated it liked it
This book is a nice little fable, and has some interesting ideas of stages of development of men. The characters are likeable. My only issue with the book, the reason for not giving 4 stars or higher, is it seems that the author, and the book, has an agenda. Especially when they started recommending the Landmark Forum and other such organizations. It's worth reading for anyone who is trying to work on relationships, and romance.
Jon Mills
Oct 19, 2015 Jon Mills rated it it was amazing
Every wonder why men and women are so different and yet meant to partner together? Has this ever created tension in your cross-gender relationships be it with a spouse, grandparent, child, co-worker, friend? Have you ever thought that God mad a bad mistake when He wanted the two genders to not only get along and tolerate each other but to grow close and intimate with each other when they think so differently?

This author shares great insights into answering these questions in a way that praises
Dawn M
Jan 10, 2011 Dawn M rated it it was amazing
Loved this fictional story. Teaches with tenderness and heart while encouraging no guilt for past mistakes. Bought copies for many important women in my life!
Apr 08, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting book. While the story used to deliver the message is cheesey, the message itself is very interesting and thought provoking.
Felicia Thomas
Jul 18, 2017 Felicia Thomas rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for ALL women. Showcases the art of communicating with men.
Mar 27, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
My husband and I have learned so much from Alison Armstrong and PAX programs, really eye-opening and paradigm-shifting information on how men and women relate to each other, and transforming all your relationships into happy ones! Reading this book was a great way to absorb some of this wisdom, a fictional story written specifically to exemplify the teachings—a departure from the usual "self help" book, it really brought the information to life in an engaging way. I'm taking the "Celebrating Men ...more
Lesley
May 05, 2013 Lesley rated it really liked it
The concept of this book was great. I found it very informative and learned a lot from it. This is the only reason I rated this as a 4. I would have much rather simply read the information as a non-fiction title. The story was uninteresting which made the fictional focus distracting. I get what the writer was going for but found myself skipping over the story to get to the information about the stages more often than not.
Melody Riches
Aug 07, 2009 Melody Riches rated it it was amazing
Every woman should read this book. It helps you understand ANY man in your life better and will help you to become a better person. I am so grateful that my sister-in-law Angie suggest we read it for bookclub, otherwise I may not have read it on my own.

I am eager to read the other books by this author as well as possibly attend a workshop. This book has improved my relationship with my husband greatly.
GinaMaria Opalescent
Apr 28, 2013 GinaMaria Opalescent rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT!!! I learned sooooo much from this book. Even though the book focuses on the stages of men's development in a lifetime, it has to naturally include women in relationship to those men. I was delighted and frankly surprised that I could apply the stages to every male I know. Not a one escaped! Applicable, highly useful, and presented in an engaging story.
Maralee
Feb 17, 2013 Maralee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-for-thought
I just fell in Love with this book. Apart from all the knowledge (things I know my mother and grandmother don't know) and love pouring in every page, it's simply entertaining and a great read. I recommend this to Everyone, especially to those women who are clueless about men. This is a true Gem! I know I will learn something new every time I read...Because I Will re-read it! :)
Amber
Oct 12, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
I read this one three times in a row, back to back. It took that to start to absorb what I was reading. The actual writing style is dumbed down quite a bit, too much for my liking (which may be why I had to read it three times. I don't think on that level.) but the information is invaluable to the Mars vs Venus quest for answers.
Cody
Feb 03, 2012 Cody rated it really liked it
Don't pick this book up if you want to put it down, you will consume it like a box of chocolates before you even realize what you did. I just wanted to read a little bit to get an idea if I should recommend it to a book club and bam... one fifth done!
Tamar
Jun 30, 2016 Tamar rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that, if you have an open mind and heart, will change your perspective on people in general and as individuals. Could hardly put it down! Definitely recommend. For me, it was a life changing message.
Elina Belova
Jan 23, 2016 Elina Belova rated it liked it
The story is indeed cheesy. As a women in woman's body I can't be sure that the truth revealed in the book is true but it got me rearrange my thoughts. I would suggest this as a good starting point to read, if an interest about how it is to be a man rises.
Keira
Apr 06, 2008 Keira rated it liked it
Recommended to Keira by: Amber Burton
An easy read about the "Stages of Development" men go through in their lives. A good book about recognizing what your man might be going through right now and how to be sensitive to his needs. A little too simplistic in writing style but she gets her point across.
Briana
Jun 01, 2009 Briana rated it really liked it
This is a great primer for transforming women's relationships with men. It looks at assumptions that we make through a fictitious situation based on her classes and workshops.

I got a lot out of it and it's a must read for women who love men and want to be more effective in those relationships.
Janel
Sep 06, 2009 Janel rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It validated many of the ideas I had about men and gave me some new ones to think about.
Myrna
Apr 23, 2012 Myrna rated it really liked it
I am currently reading and it is very insightful in better communications with men. If you haven't taken the PAX seminars, you should!
Shahidah Siraaj
Sep 09, 2010 Shahidah Siraaj rated it it was amazing
If you really want to understand men (and use your understanding for good) I HIGHLY recommend this book.
Lori
Feb 11, 2009 Lori rated it it was amazing
Good information - going to her seminar in March
T
Mar 04, 2009 T rated it really liked it
Obviously not a writer by trade(rating not including writing), but very interesting ideas/theories. Great way to understand men and their thinking.
Mar 23, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Fascinating look at the communication breakdown between the sexes and what can be done about it.
C2015
Mar 11, 2012 C2015 rated it really liked it
This makes so much sense. I'm still checking in to see if I agree with all it had to say but definitely a must read for all open-minded men and women!
Sandy Shepard
May 03, 2008 Sandy Shepard rated it liked it
I like AA's "story" books better - this is sort of "just the facts, ma'am." Still a good read and easy to digest.
Kayf
Mar 06, 2010 Kayf rated it it was amazing
A must read for young women before they begin to date, after they think they have found "Mr. Right", and most certainly after marriage.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
marriage 1 5 Jul 29, 2009 03:11PM
  • Calling in "The One": 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life
  • It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • New Sheets: Thirty Days to Refine You into the Woman You Can Be
  • Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World (How to Use the Power of Pleasure)
  • The Right Questions: Ten Essential Questions To Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
  • The 5 Love Languages Military Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts
  • Creativity for Life: Practical Advice on the Artist's Personality, and Career from America's Foremost Creativity Coach
  • Superlearning 2000
  • The Queen's Code
  • Sparkle: The Girl's Guide to Living a Deliciously Dazzling, Wildly Effervescent, Kick-Ass Life
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You
  • Richest Man in Babylon and The Magic Story
  • The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How To Create Your Second Life At Any Age
  • The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles - Including: The Science of Getting Rich, the Science of Being Great & the Science of Being Well