Start by marking “Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook” as Want to Read:
Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook

Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook

Here's a women's study that really hits home. Mary Kassian masterfully presents the biblical principles to help women revolutionize their speech habits and improve their relationships by focusing on ways to positively avoid sharing gossip, throwing negative barbs, or snapping sarcastic replies throughout everyday life. Includes leader helps. (7 sessions)
Published August 1st 2001 by LifeWay Christian Resources (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Conversation Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversation Peace

Angelyn Vaughan
Jan 03, 2013 Angelyn Vaughan rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy reading this book much, but I'm rating it highly because it was one of the most practically helpful books I've read in a long time. Kassian's writing style is all information and no art, except for the lengthy metaphors and personal stories she uses to illustrate her points. Some were helpful and some weren't. There were chapters that I didn't learn anything from, but others were full of conviction and hard truth - I expect this depends on your experiences and struggles. I like th ...more
Randy Elster
Nov 25, 2013 Randy Elster rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible-study
This is actually a women's Bible study but we used it as a family study. We each individually did the study five days a week, then came together on the weekend to review and watch the video that went with that week. So it's a great study for adults and teens. Teaches you what the Bible says about our speech and also throws in practical thoughts about our conversations. Very thought-provoking. Definitely recommend this study.
Jon
Nov 19, 2009 Jon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women's Bible study groups
Recommended to Jon by: SH UMC Women's Study
I thoroughly enjoyed this Bible study. Mary's twenty minute videos were well done and inspiring. All Bible references were instructional and relevant. Mary did an excellent job giving real world examples and practice applications for achieving a controlled, tamed, humble tongue.
Charlotte Place
Just finished doing this 7-week Bible study with a small group of friends. It's actually the third time I've worked through the study, and I've learned something new every time. Now if I can just remember to apply the principles I've learned!
Sep 08, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
This is the study we completed at WOW (Women of the Word) women's Bible study spring 2008. Good study regarding the all-important subject of "taming the tongue"!
Indira
Sep 04, 2011 Indira rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this women's bible study. I found that it was well-organized, easy to follow, and loaded with scripture.

Carissa
Carissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Bridgett
Bridgett rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Amy Davidson
Amy Davidson rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Cstance
Cstance rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2008
June Blakely
June Blakely rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Linsey Adair
Linsey Adair rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
DM
DM rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2010
Lizziesmom1998
Lizziesmom1998 rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Leigh
Leigh rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Abigail
Abigail rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
Renee Singleton
Renee Singleton rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Betty Kay
Betty Kay rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Shawna
Shawna rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Mary Kassian is an award winning author, popular speaker, and a distinguished professor of women’s studies at Southern Baptist Seminary. She has published several books, Bible studies and videos, including: Girls Gone Wise, In My Father’s House: Finding Your Heart’s True Home, Conversation Peace, Vertically Inclined, and the Feminist Mistake.

Mary graduated from the faculty of Rehabilitation Medici
More about Mary A. Kassian...