Start by marking “Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook” as Want to Read:
Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook

Conversation Peace: The Power of Transformed Speech, Workbook

Here's a women's study that really hits home. Mary Kassian masterfully presents the biblical principles to help women revolutionize their speech habits and improve their relationships by focusing on ways to positively avoid sharing gossip, throwing negative barbs, or snapping sarcastic replies throughout everyday life. Includes leader helps. (7 sessions)
Published August 1st 2001 by LifeWay Christian Resources (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Conversation Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversation Peace

Angelyn Vaughan
Jan 03, 2013 Angelyn Vaughan rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy reading this book much, but I'm rating it highly because it was one of the most practically helpful books I've read in a long time. Kassian's writing style is all information and no art, except for the lengthy metaphors and personal stories she uses to illustrate her points. Some were helpful and some weren't. There were chapters that I didn't learn anything from, but others were full of conviction and hard truth - I expect this depends on your experiences and struggles. I like th ...more
Randy Elster
Nov 25, 2013 Randy Elster rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible-study
This is actually a women's Bible study but we used it as a family study. We each individually did the study five days a week, then came together on the weekend to review and watch the video that went with that week. So it's a great study for adults and teens. Teaches you what the Bible says about our speech and also throws in practical thoughts about our conversations. Very thought-provoking. Definitely recommend this study.
Jon
Nov 19, 2009 Jon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women's Bible study groups
Recommended to Jon by: SH UMC Women's Study
I thoroughly enjoyed this Bible study. Mary's twenty minute videos were well done and inspiring. All Bible references were instructional and relevant. Mary did an excellent job giving real world examples and practice applications for achieving a controlled, tamed, humble tongue.
Charlotte Place
Just finished doing this 7-week Bible study with a small group of friends. It's actually the third time I've worked through the study, and I've learned something new every time. Now if I can just remember to apply the principles I've learned!
Sep 08, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
This is the study we completed at WOW (Women of the Word) women's Bible study spring 2008. Good study regarding the all-important subject of "taming the tongue"!
Indira
Sep 04, 2011 Indira rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this women's bible study. I found that it was well-organized, easy to follow, and loaded with scripture.

Kathy Howard
Dec 08, 2013 Kathy Howard rated it really liked it
This is one you should do more than once!
Jeanne
Oct 25, 2012 Jeanne rated it it was ok
Read for a women's study group at church.
Dawn
Aug 23, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Excellent Bible study!
Lisa Starr
Lisa Starr marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Peggy VanHoveln
Peggy VanHoveln rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2016
P
P marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Debie
Debie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Anton H
Anton H marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Leslie Fisher
Leslie Fisher rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Muhammadhammad
Muhammadhammad marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Lauren Jordan
Lauren Jordan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Sandy McGee
Sandy McGee marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Jennifer Lynch
Jennifer Lynch marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Kim Visconti
Kim Visconti marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Tonya Lawson D
Tonya Lawson D marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Deana
Deana added it
Apr 10, 2015
Adon
Adon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mary Kassian is an award winning author, popular speaker, and a distinguished professor of women’s studies at Southern Baptist Seminary. She has published several books, Bible studies and videos, including: Girls Gone Wise, In My Father’s House: Finding Your Heart’s True Home, Conversation Peace, Vertically Inclined, and the Feminist Mistake.

Mary graduated from the faculty of Rehabilitation Medici
More about Mary A. Kassian...