Start by marking “Amma: Healing the Heart of the World” as Want to Read:
Amma: Healing the Heart of the World

Amma: Healing the Heart of the World

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The spiritual leader Mata Amritandamayi more commonly known as Amma, is considered by many in India to be a living saint. This biography follows her life from her harrowing childhood through to her rise to prominence as a respected, international religious leader and humanitarian.
Published May 1st 2001 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Amma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amma

Carolyn
I loved reading the story of Amma. She is a healer in a world of a lot of suffering. Amma was born in India, and grew up being quite eccentric and different than others. It was soon realized she had special healing powers and she came to be viewed as a person with saintly potential. It is claimed that she performed miraculous healing feats, such as sucking out the toxins in the wounds of lepers and causing them to heal. She has become known as the hugging saint, in which, people, mostly her devo ...more
Ashima
Amma, the spiritual god, has been with all of us at all times. We believe her, as she believes us. She knows what is right and wrong; she knows what will happen; she knows what we are thinking; and she knows the language of nature.

'Amma : Healing the Heart of the World' is an excellent book which takes us into the world of freedom, and a must read for any person, whether he is spiritual or not. Her hug and her touch are so wonderful, that you feel you are born again with amma's grace!
Therese
Oct 28, 2007 Therese rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Very spirtually motivating. Amma,(meaning mother) has carved out her legacy with hugging around the world and unconditionally sharing her healing gifts. This simply yet profoundly confirms the importance of human touch and it's powers to heal.
Cheryl
Feb 20, 2012 Cheryl added it
Amma is my Guru, therefore I have a bias, but her books are inspiring, and bring a beautiful simplicity to our spiritual lives. Her service to this world is unparalled. Easy to read, but life changing if you have not read.
Rwildfon
Amma is thought to be a living saint. Check her out, go get a hug if you can get to where she travels and get back to me about it.
Amanda
this is a must read if you enjoy furthing your knowledge of spirituality!
Dennis
Must read-3
Kept my attention-3
Important-3
John
If you haven't been graced by Amma's darshan, read the book and discover for yourself.
Johari Sims
My Guru. My Love.
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Tammy
Tammy added it
Jan 20, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jessica Paolini
Jessica Paolini marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Veerle
Veerle added it
Jan 15, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Ankita
Ankita marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Mandala: Luminous Symbols for Healing (with a New CD of Meditations and Exercises!) Drawing the Light from Within: Keys to Awaken Your Creative Power The Mandala Healing Kit: Using Sacred Symbols for Spiritual and Emotional Healing [With Black Paper and Colored Pencils & Gel Pen and 96 Page Workbook Ammachi:  A Living Saint Mandala: Luminous Symbols for Healing