Start by marking “Rincewind the Wizzard” as Want to Read:
Rincewind the Wizzard

Rincewind the Wizzard (Discworld - Rincewind series #01 - 05)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,513 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In the squalid, crime infested city of Ankh-Morpork - bifurcated seaport capital and oldest city of Discworld - one lives either by the sword or in the shadows...

Includes The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Sourcery and Eric.
Published January 1st 1999 by Science Fiction Book Club

To ask other readers questions about Rincewind the Wizzard, please sign up.

Ryan Hobbs The first two books were Rincewind (Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic) so I would probably start with those if you wanted to read chronologically.…moreThe first two books were Rincewind (Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic) so I would probably start with those if you wanted to read chronologically. However, the Discworld series did a remarkable job of making almost every book stand alone.

My personal favourites were the Death series with the Night Watch a very close second. But in truth you could pick any book and enjoy :)(less)

Cherie
Apr 02, 2008 Cherie rated it liked it
This 4-in-1 volume contains the following Rincewind books: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, and Eric. Since I'd already read and reviewed The Colour of Magic separately, my reviews below will include only reviews of the last 3 individually, as I reviewed them back then.

The Light Fantastic
My Rating: 7 out of 10 stars
I thought Pratchett would've done well to include The Light Fantastic as part of The Colour of Magic instead of as a separate book since it was pretty short and p
Heather
Aug 16, 2007 Heather rated it it was amazing
i love terry pratchett, he is hysterical. i love the characters, especially death. these are also good read out lout books.
Doc
Mar 30, 2015 Doc rated it liked it
Collecting the first four volumes in the Discworld sub-series focused on the wizard (or "wizzard", as his hat says) Rincewind. Having read the entire City Watch sub-series before going back to the early days of Pratchett's series, it was a bit of a let down to read the first half of the book. At that point, Discworld was barely started, and Pratchett seemed to be finding his voice and settling on the tone of the novels. In the latter two volumes, he seems to have hit his stride, and things begin ...more
Caroline
Jul 10, 2008 Caroline rated it it was amazing
All the Rincewind books are wonderful. Rincewind is one of the best characters in Discworld, and I really wish that Terry Pratchett had used in more books.
The whole Discworld series is great for anyone who just wants to have a really fun time while not thinking too deeply about what they're reading...although there are some richer thoughts hidden among the fluff, if you dig really, really deep.
Ed
Mar 28, 2015 Ed rated it it was amazing
Still as much fun as the first time ... RIP Sir Terry!
Vova Ivlev
Nov 04, 2014 Vova Ivlev rated it it was amazing
One word.... Awesome
Dave
Jun 05, 2017 Dave rated it really liked it
This has been my first reading of Terry Pratchett and my first of the Discworld series. Speaking very broadly, I would say that the Discworld series is to fantasy fiction what the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is to science fiction. While I appreciate some of the humor and silliness of each of both series, and I know both are highly regarded, I think they are just a bit lacking in plot/focus for my taste (although my understanding is that Pratchett improves upon this aspect later on in the se ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 26, 2017 Bonnie Dale Keck rated it it was amazing
40 of so books, different collections, some audio, it's pratchett, read and heard some as well, all. Dates wrong.
Jewels
Dec 30, 2011 Jewels rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
While I actually prefer Mr. Pratchett's witch series, I found this book to be highly engaging and amusing, with some parts that I actually laughed out loud about. The omnibus was comprised of four of the earliest books of the Disc World series: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, and Eric. I think the thing that I love the most about Mr. Pratchett's books are when he goes off on tangents that might have absolutely nothing at all to do with the story. They are more or less sometim ...more
Shanna
Aug 10, 2013 Shanna rated it it was amazing
This series was somewhat of a blur since I may have read them a little out of order, which I now realize isn't a bad thing since this groups the first four that relate to Rincewind.

I'm planning on restarting this series from the beginning and soldiering through until I conquer them all! *ahem* Respectfully, of course.
Dominic Bellavance
Jan 23, 2011 Dominic Bellavance rated it it was amazing
J'ai adoré l'humour de Pratchett, qui est habilement incorporé autant dans les dialogues que dans son style. Et les personnages! On s'attache à Rincewind, au Luggage, on a toujours hâte que Death fasse ses apparitions et lance ses répliques cinglantes. La série complète du Discworld aura une place de choix dans ma bibliothèque, ça c'est sûr.
Galadriel Johnson
Jul 30, 2011 Galadriel Johnson rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much that I recommended it to all my friends and somehow between my husband and myself we completely lost two copies! It is on the list to buy so we can read it again. When that happens I will post a more thorough review!
Tkulvete
Aug 08, 2011 Tkulvete rated it it was amazing
This is the first Terry Pratchett book I have read, it will not be the last! Absolutely ingenious writing. The humor is crafty and kept me reading. Wonderfully obscure!
J.R. Broadwater
Oct 14, 2009 J.R. Broadwater rated it really liked it
Hilarious and well written. humor in the same vein as Hitchhikers Guide.
Tyanne
Oct 16, 2007 Tyanne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: k-3
Shelves: poetryandverse
beautiful pictures with great details and i love the fact that everything is in verse. There is also a good Halloween theme.
Melanie Neubert
Mar 12, 2016 Melanie Neubert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das beste Buch von ihm überhaupt!
David Melbie
Dec 11, 2010 David Melbie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: If you have my copy, I want it back!
Recommended to David by: SFBC!
This was the 'gateway drug' of a book that hooked me. I have been an addict ever since!
Mike
Dec 13, 2009 Mike rated it really liked it
My library had this 4-in-1 collection of Discworld novels. I'm enjoying "Thief of Time" so far, I'll finish this compilation too... after that, only 20 more novels to go!
Amanda
Mar 17, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
-the Colour of Magic . . . 5*

-the Light Fantastic . . . 5*

-Sourcery . . . 5*

-Eric . . . 5*
Anhdroid
Jan 14, 2015 Anhdroid marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ich habe ein Buch bei BookCrossing.com registriert!
Lauchlin
Dec 06, 2013 Lauchlin marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
Redsteve
Sep 02, 2016 Redsteve rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, fiction, fantasy
This is a collection of the first 4 Discworld books: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, and Eric.
Timon Schlichenmaier
Timon Schlichenmaier rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Oleg
Oleg rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2012
Sai
Sai rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Steve Aaron
Steve Aaron rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Uri
Uri rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Pavlin Angelov
Pavlin Angelov rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
H Dayle
H Dayle rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Axir
Axir rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
  • The First Chronicles of Amber (Books 1-5)
  • Terry Pratchett: Guilty of Literature
  • Terry Pratchett: The Spirit of Fantasy
  • Year's Best Fantasy
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Thirteenth Annual Collection
  • The Fantasy Hall of Fame
  • The Diamond Isle (Dreamtime, #3)
  • Endless Things (The Aegypt Cycle, #4)
  • Silverlock
  • Waiting for the Galactic Bus (Snake Oil, #1)
  • Rabenmond: Der magische Bund
  • Monty Python's Big Red Book
  • Ye Gods!

More about Terry Pratchett...

Discworld - Rincewind series (8 books)
  • The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind #1)
  • The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2; Rincewind #2)
  • Sourcery (Discworld, #5; Rincewind #3)
  • Eric (Discworld, #9; Rincewind #4)
  • Interesting Times (Discworld, #17; Rincewind #5)
  • The Last Continent (Discworld, #22; Rincewind #6)
  • The Last Hero (Discworld, #27; Rincewind #7)
  • Unseen Academicals (Discworld, #37; Rincewind #8)