Start by marking “The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home” as Want to Read:
The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home

The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When dirty dishes and laundry pile up, it’s easy to believe that the call to sanctity is for someone else. But this inspiring book written by a Catholic mother of five and based on the teachings of Mother Teresa shows us how faith can support mother's in their most holy task—raising children.
Published October 1st 2006 by The Crossroad Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of Motherhood

Elizabeth
May 13, 2008 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Catholic Mothers
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Trish
Shelves: family, religion, 2008
I read this book in one day while visiting family; the book belongs to my sister-in-law and I couldn't take it with me. It was interesting. The author relies heavily on quotes from scripture, Blessed Theresa of Calcutta, John Paul II and Benedict XVI but the writings of other saints appear as well. The author uses Mary, Mother of Jesus, as THE example for Motherhood but incorporates the lives of St. Monica, St. Elizabeth Seton and St. Rita of Cascia in as well.

The book is about the dignity of m
Jhenelle
This book is about the vocation of motherhood and ways to grow in holiness through what seems to be the unnoticed daily tasks that come with being a mother. You discover the beauty of everyday small acts of service and how those little acts can help pave your road towards heaven. I also love how there are beautiful prayers after every chapter of the book.
Marie
I try and read a chapter a day of this book. I am not quite done but really like and will keep it next to my bed when I need a prayer or a little pick-me-up! This book makes me thankful that I get to stay at home with my kids. IT really puts staying home in perspective.
Jen
Nov 19, 2007 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jessica
This is a great book for making you feel good about being a mother and staying home with your children. Supportive of mothers it emphasizes your vocation in serving Jesus through serving your family.
Jacqueline
Aug 18, 2009 Jacqueline is currently reading it
Recommends it for: all Catholic Moms
I learned that no Mom is perfect, and we should forgive ourselves. A great book for a new mom.
Melissa Strutz
Melissa Strutz marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Rossa Sung
Rossa Sung marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Abbey Cummings
Abbey Cummings marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Corinne Flores
Corinne Flores marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Marcie Matznick
Marcie Matznick marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
B.leigh Cronin
B.leigh Cronin marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Domestic Church: Room by Room: A Study Guide for Mothers Bringing Lent Home with Mother Teresa Catholic Prayer Book for Mothers The Miraculous Medal: Stories, Prayers, and Devotions Grace Cafe: Serving Up Recipes for Faithful Mothering