Start by marking “The Sunfood Diet Success System: 36 Lessons in Health Transformation” as Want to Read:
The Sunfood Diet Success System: 36 Lessons in Health Transformation

The Sunfood Diet Success System: 36 Lessons in Health Transformation

David Wolfe is an internationally renowned health lecturer and one of the world's foremost authorities on raw-food nutrition. In this book, he describes how to use simple, whole, raw plant foods to heal, rejuvenate, and feel great.The Sunfood Diet Success System effortlessly drops away unwanted pounds, boosts your immune system, enhances your relationships, lengthens life, ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Sunfood Nutrition (first published 2000)

Damien
Sep 18, 2009 Damien rated it liked it
I may have to read this book again before I can give a decent review of it, but here's an attempt any way. (hopefully I can come across the revised, updated 7th edition without having to pay for it)
I lived this much better than the book he wrote with Stephen Arlin and that other naked guy in the tree, "Nature's First Law". It didn't seem as preachy or fanatical. I still had issues with the writing style and manner, but I found it to be interesting, convincing at times, and highly informative. It
Pat Meath
An ode to food. I'm not a raw food vegan, vegan maybe someday, raw foods only, probably not. Nevertheless, if you're looking for the passion of an evangelical super-church all in praise of food, you've found your bible.
Nov 15, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
about halfway through i started skipping the corny poetry that david has interjected throughout the book, but the rest of it is golden! an inspiring how-to book for raw foodists or anyone who wants to get healthy, connect to the god-force and their own potential.
Noah Laith
This book is one of my favorite if not for a long time it was my favorite of more than 40 books about health that I own.

David Wolfe's book dicusses how you can create massive changes in your health using the raw food principles.

I've listened to a couple of his audios and attended some events and workshops in Amsterdam and I find his message to be fresh and mind opening when it comes to nutrition. Though I will warn you, that for some people it might be too "healthy extreme", especially if you th
Molly Cecile
Feb 26, 2012 Molly Cecile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, favorites
This book has honestly become a sort of bible for me! This book means so much to me on all aspects and I praise David Wolfe for everything he included in this book and bringing it out into the world.

Although I finished reading it, I still carry it everywhere and take notes. It's a book that can never be finished. If I feel a little upset, I flip to a random page of this book, read a few sentences, and instantly feel better. It's as if all of David Wolfe's energy just radiates through this incre
Martha
Jun 03, 2012 Martha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had the original edition of this book for a few years. This is the kind of book
you can have on your side table to pick up and randomly open to any page to be re-inspired
with David's words. Goes much deeper than just the food we eat. It's straight talk about
living life to the fullest in all areas. I highly recommend this as a book to add to your shelf
especially if you are interested in eating well.
Lauri
May 06, 2012 Lauri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book makes the most compelling case for raw veganism that I've ever heard/read. The author explains why a raw food diet is so important, explains how to go raw and what foods to eat and why. I could do without the bad poetry and bible scriptures, otherwise, this was a fantastic book full of useful information.
Sophia
Feb 19, 2008 Sophia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to CURE disease, lose weight, or just have the best life ever!
This book is a raw food Bible! I like that it's not a pushy manifesto, but a true and pure in depth look at health in general. There is more truth in here than in anything your doctor could tell you.
Andrea Lambert
Feb 13, 2008 Andrea Lambert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: raw-food
This book is SO packed with wonderful information about the raw food lifestyle, eating raw, what to expect, tons and tons of case studies and science. I love science and love it when a book speaks so clearly to me.
Syharn
Aug 10, 2007 Syharn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
some real knowledge about health & nutrition and mind power.
Ronit
Jul 30, 2012 Ronit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just had it signed by the author when he was in town!
Lisa
Jan 26, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
This is a very interesting book, and it has plenty of content which will keep you intrigued for hours on end, regardless of whether you agree with David Wolfe's complex food philosophy or not. As for me, I agree with some arguments he puts forward; others, not so much. I do not agree with a 100% raw diet. After perusing the various menu plans in this book, my observation is that the diet Wolfe proposes is full of salads and copious quantities of fruit and fruit juices, resulting in adequate calo ...more
Damien
Jun 24, 2007 Damien rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was better than Wolfe's collaborative effort (Nature's First Law)- it was not as obnoxious and the information was even more convincing. Although I am not a raw foodist (yet-I made fun of vegetarians a year before I became one!), I am convinced that it is a superior diet IF you can afford it and IF you do it right (which almost amounts to the same thing). I have learned to enzymes are very important, and from this book I learn a lot more things that interest me. I especially wish that ...more
Waseem
Nov 10, 2014 Waseem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing in dept discussion and good health principled I've ever read. Boy was this a lengthy book I've read on the subject ( and that was even after skimming / at times skipping past the poetry )

Everything in this book made sense to me - health indeed has so many more aspects than we are taught - and David covers each and everyone with nothing left to chance or imagination

Many of my own health questions / challenges and journey will be aided greatly by this work and no doubt will I be consuming
Christianne Hedtke
This guy is kooky but I love him! He's soooo positive you can't help but smile when you read this, even if you find it impossible to eat an organic raw vegan lifestyle. If you're interested in raw food and it's properties this is a fun one, although be forewarned that I can't think of anything more new agey. (Let's put it this way - there are many poems inspired by food in here.) But this guy is a riot.
Meagan
Aug 05, 2013 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do like this book... Nutrition is hard everyone has an "opinion" backed by research! Interesting how all opinions n research says such different things! That is the only reason I have it 3 stars is because you truly have to take what you like and what works for you and leave the rest! All in all though worth a read and I really like how he connects mind body soul as the key to success cause if we get real that's the bottom line. "Garbage in garbage out"
Kristin
Sep 24, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Not a fan of the poetry littered throughout but the raw food and superfood information is great. There are also meal plans for basic raw food diet, 80/20 and 100% raw - big plus. There are consistent and persistent messages to love yourself, be your best self, develop your inner awesomeness and any variation of this type of message you can think of, so be prepared for the abundance of positive affirmations.
Shelly
Jul 15, 2011 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like David Wolfe for a variety of reasons. He explains in this book why raw food is best. It's not all about losing weight, in fact I didn't buy it for that reason. It's all about feeding and nourishing your body with all the wonderful varieties of fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, seeds, and more that the earth offers us. It has totally changed the way I view food...namely cooked food.
Terry
Sep 28, 2013 Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading this authors books on live foods, and exactly what they do for the body. I've read several dozen books by different healthy eating authors, but DW is by far my favorite. He is well informed on all aspects of good nutrition.
Hula
May 31, 2013 Hula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT. Menu plans too.
Cynthia mercado
my new raw food bible. do yourself a favor and read it!
Saskia
Aug 06, 2008 Saskia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Wolfe, you are my hero
Osama Al aghbar
Jan 03, 2017 Osama Al aghbar rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
focusing on the importance and the power of raw food
a lot of logical errors in this book.
Annette
Jun 23, 2015 Annette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Save your body, mind and spirit and save your life...read this book!
conor
Apr 26, 2008 conor rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you're a spiritual hippie. Annoying book if you're actually intelligent. Fraught with logical errors.
Awenydd Orchantra Faeryn
The wisdom that lies within changed my life in all ways that it can be changed, and all for the better. I reference and recommend it often.

(Review also featured on www.evolvingthread.com )
Lydia
Nov 05, 2014 Lydia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolut hilfreich, wenn man auf rohköstlichem Lebensstil umsatteln will. Bisweilen aber auch etwas dogmatisch...
Amanda Lynne
Feb 01, 2010 Amanda Lynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm working my way through this outstanding book. A few chapters a day is all I can handle! ...but it's incredible!
Nina
Dec 15, 2008 Nina rated it it was amazing
Still waiting for it to find it's way back home to me...
Krissy
Feb 19, 2008 Krissy rated it it was amazing
best book on how to eat that ive ever read, he also includes the importance of your thoughts and how they affect your body.
Raw Foodists? 3 18 Jun 12, 2010 01:29AM
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • The 3-Season Diet: Eat the Way Nature Intended: Lose Weight, Beat Food Cravings, and Get Fit
  • Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • The Wheatgrass Book
  • The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
  • The Vegan Sourcebook
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw
  • Dr. Jensen's Guide to Better Bowel Care: A Complete Program for Tissue Cleansing through Bowel Management
Self-proclaimed Nutrition and Wellness Expert. Author of Eating For Beauty, Superfoods: Food and Medicine of the Future, Amazing Grace, Sunfood Diet Success System."
More about David Wolfe...

“When you are attracted to, and eat, fruits, occasionally a seed will be carried within you to a fertile ground.” 6 likes
“It seems the whole works of humankind are backwards. Most are trying to convince, instruct, and purify everyone else - without first purifying themselves. To enlighten others we have to enlighten ourselves.” 5 likes