Start by marking “Partners (Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Partners (Hunter, #3)

Partners (Hunter #3)

Detective Casey O'Connor is back, this time with new partner Leslie Tucker. They join forces with Tori Hunter to track down a killer targeting single women who live alone. But as Casey and Leslie grow closer, Leslie begins to question her sexuality.
Published December 2nd 2008 by Bella Books (first published November 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Partners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partners

M
Aug 29, 2013 M rated it really liked it
Gerri Hill is a phenomenal author, her dialogue and characters are second to none. This is the third book in the Hunter series and while lacking some of the originality of the first two novels, is still any excellent read.

My only gripe is that the ending is so abrupt, I found myself desperate for some closure. Off to see if there are any more in this series and hopefully find the end of the cliff hanger.
Lexxi Kitty
I was going to include a review when I finished the book but it seems I wasn't in a good position to do so. And now it has been somewhat too long.

Overall it was an interesting series. I rather loved the first book in the series. I was half ok with and half annoyed that the second book, In the Name of the Father, in the series moved off the two main characters from Hunter's Way. The second book in the series fell from the 5 stars 'Hunter's Way' achieved to 4 stars less to the switch in character
Alena
Dec 24, 2008 Alena rated it it was ok
I'm really torn about this latest book by Gerri Hill.

It's the continuation/conclusion of the series started with Hunter's Way, so it's a return of beloved characters. The story focuses on Casey, the character introduced in the second book of this series, In the Name of the Father, in addition to the case the homicide detectives have to solve in this crime/romance novel.

I liked the case, trying to solve the murder of young women killed by a peeping tom and the connected murder of a homeless man,
Gaelle Cathy
Dec 22, 2014 Gaelle Cathy rated it really liked it
Excellent as always. Loved the interaction between Hunter and O'Connor. Loved the new lady in the group. I can't wait to meet the highway series lady and see them catch Patrick. And then read the crossover with these six kick ass women!!!! Very good story, as always with Gerri Hill
Celina
I Don't Really Like Casey-Lesley Ship!! I Am All About Tori-Sam. So I Hate That Gerri Wrote That Casey Could Reach Tori In A Deep Meaning Than Sam Could. And This Whole Lesley - Michaele Thing Was Jus Something Else I Wasn't Interested In. And Robert, Hahahah, Bitter Bastard. And I Hate That The Book Was All About Casey And Lesley!!

There Should Have Been More Confronting Moments Between Hunter And Robert. But I Love Casey And Tori, They Had An Amazing Friendship. I Would Rather Casey Ended Up Wi
M.E. Tudor
Jan 06, 2017 M.E. Tudor rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It tells more about Tori and Sam from Hunter's Way. It also brings back Leslie from In the Name of the Father and hooks her up with Casey. Another great mystery love story by Gerri!
Megan
Dec 18, 2011 Megan rated it liked it
The third Hunter book, but Tori and Sam are relegated to secondary characters in this one.

Casey O'Connor (introduced in In the Name of the Father) is now in the Homicide department, where all really hot lesbian detectives seemed destined to end up. She's teamed up with a new detective who transfers in from Assault (formerly a Homicide detective in Fort Worth so it doesn't seem too odd to have to new homicide detectives partnered up). The new transfer, Leslie Tucker, is straight and engaged, but
Raven
Nov 07, 2011 Raven rated it did not like it
What should you expect in a Gerri Hill book? Well here's a check list:

*One character to be a straight woman.... Or at least flexible in her orientation but with no experience.
*Have one or more character run around without a bra on a regular basis and have no one notice until there is contact.
*Major man hating. If one female is in a hetero relationship, then the man has to be an inconsiderate asshole.
*When the woman in the hetero relationship figures out she doesn't love the man and never has, sh
Sally906
Dec 09, 2012 Sally906 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
Straight up - I did not like, or appreciate, the ending. Considering PARTNERS is touted as the final in the series it is left completely open ended and with a major thread left hanging what a mean thing to do to your readers. This is the third and final book of the Hunter series and Sam and Tori take the backseat as the story focuses on Casey and Leslie. The latest case to arrive in Homicide is a series of murders of single women that appear to be linked to Peeping Tom sightings and a dead stree ...more
Gabs
May 23, 2016 Gabs rated it really liked it
Realmente me gustan mucho los libros de misterio y crimen y más si tienen romance de por medio.
Las protagonistas estaban bien, pero creo que ninguna supera a Tori o el gusto que me daba leer el primer libro de la serie.
Me hubiera gustado saber qué pasó con Merissa, creo que prefería una historia de ella y Casey que con Leslie, porque igual y se repitió el patrón del novio y eso.
El final me gustó, pero solo si es que en el proximo libro continúa una explicación y un cierre de verdad para el caso,
Serena
Jan 29, 2014 Serena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A worthy conclusion to the Hunter trilogy!
I personally liked part 3 better than part 2.
Through the love story of Casey and Leslie, Gerri Hill created the same quality of the original Hunter's Way book.

I had wished that it had been a little longer.
I wanted to know more about the relationship between Casey and Leslie.

Of all the couples I've read about.
the love story between Sam and Tori was definitely my favorite.
Their chemistry and their road to love will stay with me.
This book is the end of
Elaine Burnes
Nov 18, 2010 Elaine Burnes rated it liked it
This was headed for four easy stars until the end. It just stops. I turned the page, expecting another chapter and I get a list of Bella books. What the? I wouldn't have minded so much, except this is the last of the series. (It follows Hunter's Way and In the Name of the Father, neither of which I've read.) Are you kidding me? That's not how you end a series! I really liked the characters, the writing is light and easy (though there was one long info dump near the beginning that was unnecessary ...more
Sandra
Jan 07, 2015 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gerri-hill
Hunter's Way, a thoroughly engrossing read, hit all the right notes for me. The quality of writing is above average, as is the mystery / crime plotline, Which is handled well enough twists and turns giving us along the way and, happily, the book is populated by a cast of fairly believable characters who do not hover too close to the usual stereotypes.
The hole Hunters series is good and exciting entertainment.
Frank Van Meer
Jun 24, 2014 Frank Van Meer rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime
Is no one bothered that, again, this is a book without a decent conclusion? Do other writers get away with this?Oh, and the fact that I read the previous one and this one in a grand total of five hours, speaks volumes about the length of these books. And they dare ask $10 for it on Amazon. Well, I didn't pay that.

I'm done with Gerri Hill
Lynn
Jan 16, 2016 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Where's the end of the book?! I even found myself thinking some pages were missing! That's my only disappointment concerning this book.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading it, even if the love story looks a bit like the first Hunter book.
It's always well written, and the characters are perfect.
4,5 stars for me, because of the end!
Cathy
Aug 12, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it
If this was a stand-alone book that had not been written after Hunter's Way I would have given this a 4-star rating and given my reasons why. However, this is almost the exact same story as Hunter's Way. I think the popularity of Hunter's Way is what spurred this book, but it short-changes the reader. Yes, pretty good read, but we've read it before. It was called Hunter's Way.
Saritza
I'm not a fan of cliffhangers and this one leaves several plot points open to visit and hopefully resolve in another book and I'd hoped some, like Leslie and Michael's relationship needed the closure they never really got. Feels like the last chapter was thrown in as an afterthought to set up the cliffie. Still a good, fast-paced read but not as great as the previous books.
Kate Ennis
Jul 13, 2012 Kate Ennis rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and found it every bit as enjoyable as the first. I do however think I had an advantage to other reviewers in that I accidentally read "Devil's Rock" before this. I do hope and wish for more gripping material like this from Geri Hill as this seriously left me wanting more.
Velocity
Sep 17, 2014 Velocity rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Not without flaws (I'm tired of the 'straight girl wasn't really straight after all' trope) but it was quite entertaining. Casey and Leslie make for a nice couple and I really liked how Tori grew and mellowed through her relationship with Sam and friendship with Casey.
Zoe
Sep 20, 2016 Zoe added it
An easy, fluffy read with a very similar plot to the first book in the series. The ending is quite abrupt and could do with another book to tie up the loose ends.
Dawn
Jun 10, 2012 Dawn rated it liked it
Kind of a jilted stop. It's supposed to be the end of the series, but just sort of leaves you hanging with more questions than answers.
Lj Reynolds
May 19, 2013 Lj Reynolds rated it it was amazing
I'll say it again, I love this series!! I hope you'll entertain the idea of adding to it. Great stories, great laughs and great romance! Thank you Gerri
Ivanka K.
Ivanka K. rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Linda Keiles
Linda Keiles rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Jane Ng
Jane Ng rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Jay Jalee Tuma
Jay Jalee Tuma rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Class Julie
Class Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Hide Chan
Hide Chan rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
  • Force of Nature
  • Above All, Honor (Honor, #1)
  • Desolation Point
  • Substitute for Love
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Hard Times
  • The Devil Inside (Cain Casey, #1)
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.

Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the
More about Gerri Hill...

Hunter (4 books)
  • Hunter's Way (Hunter, #1)
  • In the Name of the Father (Hunter, #2)
  • Angel Fire (Hunter, #4)