Start by marking “From Santa Fe to O'Keeffe Country: A Journey Through the Soul of New Mexico” as Want to Read:
From Santa Fe to O'Keeffe Country: A Journey Through the Soul of New Mexico

From Santa Fe to O'Keeffe Country: A Journey Through the Soul of New Mexico

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
New 2003 Edition Motoring through the stunning mountain and desert country north of Santa Fe, Georgia O'Keeffe found her inspiration and home. Here's the perfect book to guide you to its Spanish and Pueblo villages, Anasazi ruins, soaring landscapes, and O'Keeffe's own studio. Restaurants, hikes, birding, plus a new section on Bandelier and the Valle Grande
Published June 20th 2003 by Ocean Tree Books (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about From Santa Fe to O'Keeffe Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Santa Fe to O'Keeffe Country

Kay
I've used this slim guide not once but twice when passing through Abiquiu, NM and the surrounding area. It's just what it purports to be -- a guide to what you can see in more or less a day. But, really, if you ever go to "O'Keeffe Country," you find yourself wanting to stay more than a day.

The book is arranged in six driving tours, each with fairly good directions and maps (though last time I used the guide to get to the White Place I realized that there is an easier way to get there than the
Kelly
Jul 04, 2011 Kelly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: travelers
Shelves: new-mexico, travel
Enchanting introduction to O'Keefe Country, even for the armchair traveler. Can't wait to follow this route, although I would do it a more leisurely pace. Would love to see an extended version -- I suspect there's much more to see "offroad." Loved all the quirky spots...from low-riders to sikhs. I am going to read a few of the suggested books. Can't wait to get back to New Mexico with the family and go on this roadtrip.
Patrick Gibson
If this is your first trip through O'Keeffe Country, then this book is a good one to start with. It covers the basics--things you can do in a day--with interesting diversions. Once you have explored the popular tourist destinations like Abiquiu and the Ghost Ranch, you will, no doubt want to find some of the more interesting out of the way places. Let me send you my guide. No, on second thought--let me take you.
Patrick Gibson
Feb 12, 2009 Patrick Gibson rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: day trippers
Shelves: new_mexico, road_trip
This is great for a one day road trip. It covers the well known points of interest. Read it once and never again. Obviously designed for the tourist first time in the region. For me, it missed some of the most interesting things in the Abiquiu, Ghost Ranch area. But still . . . okay for beginners.
Will
It delves more into some sites that are often ignored by most of the other tourist guides...
There absolutely no pictures though, which would have made it way more appealing...
Aleta
Aleta added it
Jul 13, 2011
Edward
Edward marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2008