Start by marking “Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden: Creative Gardening for the Adventurous Cook” as Want to Read:

A guide to growing and using vegetables and herbs includes valuable tips on garden construction, gardening techniques, harvesting, and cooking techniques.
Title: The Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden
Author: Hirsch, David P.
Publisher: Random House Inc
Publication Date: 2005/04/30
Number of Pages: 294
Binding Type: PAPERBACK
Library of Congress: 2005001136
Published March 1st 2005 by Ten Speed Press (first published March 15th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden

Cherie
Jul 24, 2008 Cherie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Venessa, Wanda
A This book made me so jealous of those who have gardens. Even if you don't own a garden, it still teaches you a lot about eating, cooking, and local gardening. A lot of yummy recipes in the book, along with tons of great recipe tips. I love Moosewood. I really want to visit it and eat their yummilicious food!
Robin
Jun 05, 2011 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies
As a somewhat lazy urban gardener w/ small plot who likes to pick what she needs from her yard and add it to maybe not so local stuff, it's very helpful and inspiring. I have grown and eaten things I never thought I would.
Feb 16, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
This book got me really excited. I really like the garden layouts they have AND the descriptions of the herbs and the edible flowers. Violets and roses are edible! That's pretty amazing. They aren't just pretty to look at!
Julia
May 24, 2011 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aadl
I haven't gotten much novel reading done this month because I've been gorging myself on how-to gardening books from the public library (and putting them into practice). This is probably my favorite so far -- lots of great tips on individual plant care and also garden design.
Karen
Jul 15, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a kitchen garden.
Lots of great info about food gardening, even with some less conventional plants and herbs. Good recipes, too. This was a good addition to my gardening reference collection, filling in some gaps left by other books.
Frank
Jul 20, 2007 Frank rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking_and_food
this will show you how to create a garden in any environment-from a pot of oregano on your windowsill, to building your own greenhouse.
Deb
Jun 17, 2008 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Another fun book from the cooks at Moosewood. It also includes a great section on herbs and gardening.
Sara
Aug 17, 2009 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...i'm absolutely giddy thinking about next year's raised beds now! simply cannot wait to begin our veggie and herb garden...
Pascale
Pascale rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Ruth Lynne Hulett
Ruth Lynne Hulett rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Laura Harrington
Laura Harrington rated it really liked it
May 05, 2010
Lynnette Schear
Lynnette Schear rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Doug Schmidt
Doug Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Sunny
Sunny rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2011
Letty Latta
Letty Latta rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Stephanie Davidson
Stephanie Davidson rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2009
Marleene
Marleene rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Elise Eisma
Elise Eisma rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2017
Michelle Ginther
Aug 02, 2012 Michelle Ginther rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Mine has copyright 1992, but I'm sure it's the same
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Jane Davis
Jane Davis rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2014
Rachel Dyer
Rachel Dyer rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Janeth
Janeth rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2008
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2008
Aniruddh Parmar
Aniruddh Parmar rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Susie
Susie rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Garden Anywhere: How to grow gorgeous container gardens, herb gardens, kitchen gardens, and more, without spending a fortune
  • The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-Rich Dishes
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Starter Vegetable Gardens: 24 No-Fail Plans for Small Organic Gardens
  • Still Life with Menu Cookbook
  • Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces
  • Growing Vegetables West of the Cascades: The Complete Guide to Natural Gardening
  • Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen
  • Edible Landscaping
  • The Herbfarm Cookbook
  • One Magic Square: The Easy, Organic Way to Grow Your Own Food on a 3-Foot Square
  • Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian
  • The Heirloom Life Gardener: The Baker Creek Way of Growing Your Own Food Easily and Naturally
  • Bones: Recipes, History, and Lore
  • The Gardener's A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food: 765 varities of vegetables, herbs, fruits, and nuts
  • Landscaping with Fruit: Strawberry ground covers, blueberry hedges, grape arbors, and 39 other luscious fruits to make your yard an edible paradise.
  • Forest Gardening: Cultivating an Edible Landscape