Start by marking “Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden: Creative Gardening for the Adventurous Cook” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A guide to growing and using vegetables and herbs includes valuable tips on garden construction, gardening techniques, harvesting, and cooking techniques.
Title: The Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden
Author: Hirsch, David P.
Publisher: Random House Inc
Publication Date: 2005/04/30
Number of Pages: 294
Binding Type: PAPERBACK
Library of Congress: 2005001136
Published March 1st 2005 by Ten Speed Press (first published March 15th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden

Cherie
A This book made me so jealous of those who have gardens. Even if you don't own a garden, it still teaches you a lot about eating, cooking, and local gardening. A lot of yummy recipes in the book, along with tons of great recipe tips. I love Moosewood. I really want to visit it and eat their yummilicious food!
Julia
I haven't gotten much novel reading done this month because I've been gorging myself on how-to gardening books from the public library (and putting them into practice). This is probably my favorite so far -- lots of great tips on individual plant care and also garden design.
Robin
As a somewhat lazy urban gardener w/ small plot who likes to pick what she needs from her yard and add it to maybe not so local stuff, it's very helpful and inspiring. I have grown and eaten things I never thought I would.
This book got me really excited. I really like the garden layouts they have AND the descriptions of the herbs and the edible flowers. Violets and roses are edible! That's pretty amazing. They aren't just pretty to look at!
Karen
Jul 15, 2009 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a kitchen garden.
Lots of great info about food gardening, even with some less conventional plants and herbs. Good recipes, too. This was a good addition to my gardening reference collection, filling in some gaps left by other books.
Frank
this will show you how to create a garden in any environment-from a pot of oregano on your windowsill, to building your own greenhouse.
Sara
...i'm absolutely giddy thinking about next year's raised beds now! simply cannot wait to begin our veggie and herb garden...
Deb
Another fun book from the cooks at Moosewood. It also includes a great section on herbs and gardening.
Tráese
If you love to cook you gotta get your hands on this rockin' book!

-bon appetit
Michelle Ginther
Mine has copyright 1992, but I'm sure it's the same
Eric Hines
Sep 26, 2009 Eric Hines marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, cooking
food & cooking
Tiny
Tiny marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Kaitlin
Kaitlin marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
TAWhite
TAWhite marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Elisabeth
Elisabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Dora Fairburn
Dora Fairburn marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Susana Escobar
Susana Escobar marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Geoffrey Staysniak
Geoffrey Staysniak marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Starter Vegetable Gardens: 24 No-Fail Plans for Small Organic Gardens
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates: Festive Meals for Holidays and Special Occasions
  • Garden Anywhere: How to grow gorgeous container gardens, herb gardens, kitchen gardens, and more, without spending a fortune
  • The Herbfarm Cookbook
  • Edible Landscaping
  • Growing Vegetables West of the Cascades: The Complete Guide to Natural Gardening
  • Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces
  • The Self-Sufficient Gardener
  • Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen
  • Sugar Snaps and Strawberries: Simple Solutions for Creating Your Own Small-Space Edible Garden
  • One Magic Square: The Easy, Organic Way to Grow Your Own Food on a 3-Foot Square
  • The Italian Country Table: Italian Country Table
  • The Gardener's A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food: 765 varities of vegetables, herbs, fruits, and nuts
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood