In Too Deep (The Elite, #2)

In Too Deep (The Elite #2)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  11 reviews
If you don't belong here- you just don't belong...

The Bramford building's newest resident and small-town transplant Casey McCloy is adapting to life in the Big Apple and loving it. She's got the look, the attitude, and a delish new boyfriend, Drew Van Allen. But she's starting to have second thoughts as to whether the "New York" Casey is the real Casey. And she's not so s...more
Published January 6th 2009 by Berkley Trade

Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonEvermore by Alyson NoelHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
YA Novels by Goodreads Authors
155th out of 1,143 books — 2,221 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
288th out of 578 books — 2,387 voters

More lists with this book...

Liviania
IN TOO DEEP picks up not long after where THE ELITE ends. Casey McCloy and Drew Van Allen are an official item, and Madison Macallister is acting friendly(-ish) to her face but preparing to break them up. Sophie and Phoebe try to be friends to both, but they're busy with their own dramas. Even in the glittery world of the exclusive Bram building, they still have to deal with two things that plague every teenager: boys and family. (Well, some teenagers are plagued by girls and family.)

I love how...more

Originality: 18/20
Entertainment: 8/10
Recommendation: 8/10
Total: 89.5/100
Rating: B+, or four hearts.

Review:

The Elite is one of my favorite books. It is like Gossip Girl - but so much better. However, I found myself a little disappointed with the second book in this series, In Too Deep. I went in with high hopes, and was a little bit disappointed.

At some parts, I found myself bored with the...more
Diana Dang

Leaving off at from The Elite, Casey and Drew are now officially an "item". Madison is staying low, pretending that she is fine with the their relationship. But inside, she is scheming to get back at them both. No one humiliates Madison Macallister and gets away with it. All she needs is a little sweet revenge. And a modelling gig may be her key to do so...

Sophie discovers that all of her life has been a lie. Accepting the truth is hard. She decides for her sweet sixteen, she will hold a big par...more
Kristi (The Story Siren)
This series just keeps getting better. I devoured the first novel, The Elite, so to say that I was expecting a lot from it’s sequel is an understatement. I’m happy to announce that Jennifer Banash delivers an invigorating sequel.

This novel is DRAMA-FUL! Let me just throw something out here.... WOW. I couldn’t believe some of the shit that went down! Any predispositions that I’d formed of these characters during my reading of The Elite were thoroughly shattered.

I was delighted that Banash continu...more
Steph (Reviewer X)
Cross-posted from my blog review.

In my review of The Elite, I said I thought it took way too long for the action to begin. The first hundred pages, give or take a few, were pure setup. When the characters had all been introduced and we moved beyond the initial encounter, it became infinitely more worthwhile to read.

So, in many ways, In Too Deep is a definite step-up from The Elite. The writing has improved. For those worried with label-saturation and product placement in these types of high-end...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Tasha for TeensReadToo.com

Step back into the super privileged world of THE ELITE. The infamous girls living in one of New York's classiest apartment buildings, the Bramford, are back. While they may look absolutely perfect and dazzling, dark secrets are hiding behind their all-too-perfect appearance.

Casey McCloy is finally starting to fit in. Her hair's not as unruly as it used to be, she's learning the ins and outs of a good fashion sense, and she's dating Drew, one of the hottest...more
Rachael
Welcome back to the ultra-exclusive world of The Elite. The lives of the inhabitants of New York’s Upper East Side are purposely polished to have an impeccably shiny veneer, but behind the stylish clothes and designed appearances is a different story. Casey McCloy is finally getting her act together with a new and improved “New York” look and attitude, and the arm candy to go with it. But looking good doesn’t necessarily mean feeling good, and Casey is feeling insecure about her reluctant accept...more
Tasha

Step back into the super privileged world of The Elite. The infamous girls living in one of New York’s classiest apartment building, the Bramford, are back. While they may look absolutely perfect and dazzling, dark secrets are hiding behind their all too perfect appearance.

Casey McCloy is finally starting to fit in. Her hair’s not as unruly as it used to be, she’s learning the ins and outs of a good fashion sense and she’s dating Drew, one of the hottest guys in all of Manhattan. As she becomes...more
Erica
Everyone's favorite characters from The Elite are back with more drama, fun, and lessons of the Upper East Side. Jennifer Banash picks up where The Elite left off and continues writing the fabulous story of Madison and her clan, Casey, and Drew. In Too Deep is once again written in alternating chapters between the characters, and I can never get enough of all the characters. I'm hoping to hear more from Phoebe and Jared in Book 3! In Too Deep reveals so much more of all the characters stories an...more
Kori Smith
I thougth this was a great book. I like how the author zooms in on each characters' life. It helps me understand why the characters feel a certain way about each other and it lets me know what every character is thinking (third-person omniscent). My favorite character is Casey because she is realistic and I can relate to her in a way. Because I like this book so much, I could read it over and over again and I really want to read the next book.
Kirsty
it was ok the first was better
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Keely
Keely added it
Apr 23, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
T Kem
T Kem marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Jasmine Nguyen
Jasmine Nguyen marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Deejay Jaeger
Deejay Jaeger marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Haaley Lawley
Haaley Lawley marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Tera Williams
Tera Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Logyn Knott
Logyn Knott marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Patience Namugenyi
Patience Namugenyi marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
  • Set in Stone
  • The Upper Class (Upper Class, #1)
  • The Debs (The Debs, #1)
  • The Lost Summer
  • Death by Denim (Death By Mysteries, #3)
  • Lip Gloss Jungle (The Ashleys, #4)
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Twisted Sisters (Aspen Brooks, #2)
  • Paris Pan Takes the Dare
  • Sweet Deceit (Privilege, #4)
  • TMI
  • Nothing but Ghosts
  • Secrets (The Ivy, #2)
  • The Lost Sister (Sisters of Misery, #2)
  • My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters
  • Can't Stay Away (SVH Senior Year, #1)
Jennifer Banash was born and raised in New York City. She now lives in Southern California with her beagle, Sigmund, and her vast collection of designer shoes.

Check out my blog at jenniferbanash.wordpress.com
More about Jennifer Banash...
White Lines The Elite (The Elite, #1) Simply Irresistible (The Elite, #3) Hollywoodland: An American Fairy Tale Silent Alarm