Start by marking “In Too Deep (The Elite, #2)” as Want to Read:
In Too Deep (The Elite, #2)

In Too Deep (The Elite #2)

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
If you don't belong here- you just don't belong...

The Bramford building's newest resident and small-town transplant Casey McCloy is adapting to life in the Big Apple and loving it. She's got the look, the attitude, and a delish new boyfriend, Drew Van Allen. But she's starting to have second thoughts as to whether the "New York" Casey is the real Casey. And she's not so s
Published January 6th 2009 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about In Too Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Too Deep

Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareEvermore by Alyson Noel
YA Novels by Goodreads Authors
181st out of 1,554 books — 2,889 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
284th out of 574 books — 2,400 voters

More lists with this book...

Steph (Reviewer X)
Jan 28, 2009 Steph (Reviewer X) rated it it was ok
Cross-posted from my blog review.

In my review of The Elite, I said I thought it took way too long for the action to begin. The first hundred pages, give or take a few, were pure setup. When the characters had all been introduced and we moved beyond the initial encounter, it became infinitely more worthwhile to read.

So, in many ways, In Too Deep is a definite step-up from The Elite. The writing has improved. For those worried with label-saturation and product placement in these types of high-end
Katie
Jun 13, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
I have to say I liked this book better than the first one. I don’t really know why but it was probably because I felt like I already knew the characters and could share their feelings a little better.

In this sequel to The Elite all the members of the Bram Clan a back with a couple new secrets. Casey has finally managed to snag Drew and even though she is putting on a good front for the public, Madison is not happy. Casey, on the other hand, couldn’t be happier. She has never really had a boyfrie
Liviania
Jun 12, 2012 Liviania rated it really liked it
IN TOO DEEP picks up not long after where THE ELITE ends. Casey McCloy and Drew Van Allen are an official item, and Madison Macallister is acting friendly(-ish) to her face but preparing to break them up. Sophie and Phoebe try to be friends to both, but they're busy with their own dramas. Even in the glittery world of the exclusive Bram building, they still have to deal with two things that plague every teenager: boys and family. (Well, some teenagers are plagued by girls and family.)

I love how

Originality: 18/20
Entertainment: 8/10
Recommendation: 8/10
Total: 89.5/100
Rating: B+, or four hearts.

Review:

The Elite is one of my favorite books. It is like Gossip Girl - but so much better. However, I found myself a little disappointed with the second book in this series, In Too Deep. I went in with high hopes, and was a little bit disappointed.

At some parts, I found myself bored with the
Diana Dang
Jun 15, 2009 Diana Dang rated it really liked it

Leaving off at from The Elite, Casey and Drew are now officially an "item". Madison is staying low, pretending that she is fine with the their relationship. But inside, she is scheming to get back at them both. No one humiliates Madison Macallister and gets away with it. All she needs is a little sweet revenge. And a modelling gig may be her key to do so...

Sophie discovers that all of her life has been a lie. Accepting the truth is hard. She decides for her sweet sixteen, she will hold a big par
Kristi
Jan 02, 2009 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This series just keeps getting better. I devoured the first novel, The Elite, so to say that I was expecting a lot from it’s sequel is an understatement. I’m happy to announce that Jennifer Banash delivers an invigorating sequel.

This novel is DRAMA-FUL! Let me just throw something out here.... WOW. I couldn’t believe some of the shit that went down! Any predispositions that I’d formed of these characters during my reading of The Elite were thoroughly shattered.

I was delighted that Banash continu
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Tasha for TeensReadToo.com

Step back into the super privileged world of THE ELITE. The infamous girls living in one of New York's classiest apartment buildings, the Bramford, are back. While they may look absolutely perfect and dazzling, dark secrets are hiding behind their all-too-perfect appearance.

Casey McCloy is finally starting to fit in. Her hair's not as unruly as it used to be, she's learning the ins and outs of a good fashion sense, and she's dating Drew, one of the hottest
Rachael
Oct 19, 2008 Rachael rated it really liked it
Welcome back to the ultra-exclusive world of The Elite. The lives of the inhabitants of New York’s Upper East Side are purposely polished to have an impeccably shiny veneer, but behind the stylish clothes and designed appearances is a different story. Casey McCloy is finally getting her act together with a new and improved “New York” look and attitude, and the arm candy to go with it. But looking good doesn’t necessarily mean feeling good, and Casey is feeling insecure about her reluctant accept ...more
Tasha
Mar 02, 2010 Tasha rated it really liked it

Step back into the super privileged world of The Elite. The infamous girls living in one of New York’s classiest apartment building, the Bramford, are back. While they may look absolutely perfect and dazzling, dark secrets are hiding behind their all too perfect appearance.

Casey McCloy is finally starting to fit in. Her hair’s not as unruly as it used to be, she’s learning the ins and outs of a good fashion sense and she’s dating Drew, one of the hottest guys in all of Manhattan. As she becomes
Aniya
Apr 15, 2016 Aniya rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK WAS SO MUCH LIKE MEAN GIRLS!!! It was a combination of mess and fashion all rolled up into one. Everyone had their own conflict and they all came together and fit into one book. Also i loved how instead of making me sleep ( like most books do) i was sitting nearly on the edge of my seat while reading this.
Erica
Aug 24, 2009 Erica rated it really liked it
Everyone's favorite characters from The Elite are back with more drama, fun, and lessons of the Upper East Side. Jennifer Banash picks up where The Elite left off and continues writing the fabulous story of Madison and her clan, Casey, and Drew. In Too Deep is once again written in alternating chapters between the characters, and I can never get enough of all the characters. I'm hoping to hear more from Phoebe and Jared in Book 3! In Too Deep reveals so much more of all the characters stories an ...more
Kori Smith
Apr 25, 2013 Kori Smith rated it it was amazing
I thougth this was a great book. I like how the author zooms in on each characters' life. It helps me understand why the characters feel a certain way about each other and it lets me know what every character is thinking (third-person omniscent). My favorite character is Casey because she is realistic and I can relate to her in a way. Because I like this book so much, I could read it over and over again and I really want to read the next book.
Kirsty
Aug 26, 2011 Kirsty rated it liked it
it was ok the first was better
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
JfCr
JfCr marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Adri
Adri marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Viktoria
Viktoria marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Jennifer C
Jennifer C marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Allycat
Allycat marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Brandie Blauvelt
Brandie Blauvelt marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
St Beca
St Beca marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Theo
Theo is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2016
Allison Riehl
Allison Riehl marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Lianne
Lianne marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
  • A Girl Called Blue
  • Set in Stone
  • The Upper Class (Upper Class, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Spring Breakup (Aspen Brooks, #3)
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • The Debs
  • The Lost Summer
  • Lip Gloss Jungle (The Ashleys, #4)
  • Death by Denim (Death By Mysteries, #3)
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
  • Faketastic (Frenemies, #2)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Secrets (The Ivy, #2)
  • Paris Pan Takes the Dare
  • Can't Stay Away (SVH Senior Year, #1)
  • TMI
  • My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters
Jennifer Banash was born and raised in New York City. She now lives in Southern California with her beagle, Sigmund, and her vast collection of designer shoes.

Check out my blog at jenniferbanash.wordpress.com
More about Jennifer Banash...

The Elite (3 books)
  • The Elite (The Elite, #1)
  • Simply Irresistible (The Elite, #3)