Start by marking “No Atheists in Foxholes: Prayers and Reflections from the Front” as Want to Read:
No Atheists in Foxholes: Prayers and Reflections from the Front

No Atheists in Foxholes: Prayers and Reflections from the Front

Experience gripping wartime stories and honest prayers by this Camp David chaplain now serving in Iraq. When words mean less and less, but money talks more and more; when blasphemy is a best seller, and eternal war has replaced hopeful diplomacy; in times like these is prayer even possible? Patrick J. McLaughlin thinks so. McLaughlin is an active duty Navy Chaplain who has ...more
Published May 20th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about No Atheists in Foxholes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Atheists in Foxholes

Caleb
Nov 01, 2013 Caleb rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone in the military or in a military family
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is completely different from any other book I have read. McLaughlin, a Lutheran Navy chaplain, has had a brilliant career, having served among all five branches of the US military, serving for three years as Chaplain to the President and Presidential Family at Camp David, and serving two Operation Iraqi Freedom tours of duty. He delivers over fifty touching stories of life on the front lines among the native populace and the Allied forces, generally working with medical or mortuary ...more
Gregory Pedersen
May 17, 2015 Gregory Pedersen rated it really liked it
Words of inspiration no doubt. McLaughlin offers a realistic account of faith in the midst of a volatile world filled with war and hate. I enjoyed how he isn't so tied to his Christian faith and that he acknowledges faith of other creeds. Prayer is the way to peace, regardless of which God you pray to.
Steven Gaston
Mar 10, 2013 Steven Gaston rated it it was amazing
Great book! If you have served your country, do yourself a favor and check out this fine book. An easy read, but heart-wrenching at times. Written by someone that has been there, and understands and appreciates the brotherhood and commen ground that we all share.
Mark
Sep 22, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting when I started that book, but a compelling read nonetheless. I especially appreciated McLaughlin's openness about the inherent tension of serving as a chaplain in a wartime military.
Paula
May 02, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
A Navy chaplain who served at Camp David and in Iraq. Full of prayers and stories that depict the struggle of a Godly man in the heat of battle. I especially like his reminder that Christ asks us to pray for our enemy.
Terry Morgan
May 24, 2012 Terry Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. More of a book of devotions etc for military chaplains. I have found it very useful in preparing various presentations of a military/veteran nature.
Brandon
Apr 19, 2013 Brandon rated it really liked it
Navy Chaplain serving at Camp David and seeing the atrocities of war in Iraq. This Chaplains view on God, war, and troop support through prayer.
Eileen
Jul 27, 2008 Eileen rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day because I simply could not put it down. This is the first book that has ever made me actually cry while reading it. Very inspirational.
Linette
Apr 16, 2011 Linette rated it really liked it
I JUST MET THE AUTHOR TODAY! He's great!! This book made me cry numerous times. This book was thoughtfully written. Great gift for Christians and patriotic people.
Jenna Hafner
Jenna Hafner rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Charity Hall
Charity Hall rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2013
Ginger Branson
Ginger Branson rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Kate Lyon
Kate Lyon rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Emma Lavern
Emma Lavern rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2008
Nicole Sanchez
Nicole Sanchez rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
Phil Stuntz
Phil Stuntz rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Jason Frazier
Jason Frazier rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2009
anita
anita rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2008
Jesse
Jesse rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
P. Mclaughlin
Apr 01, 2012 P. Mclaughlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an award winner! 2008 Military Writers Society of America Gold Medalist.
Caleb
Caleb rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2016
Joalby Phoenix
Joalby Phoenix rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Brian Hendrix
Brian Hendrix rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2008
Rhys O'Shea
Rhys O'Shea rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Sharon Coward
Sharon Coward rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2009