Start by marking “Grand Jury” as Want to Read:
Grand Jury

Grand Jury

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From the author of Inadmissable Evidence and Reasonable Doubt. Strangers when they are sworn in as grand jurors, Susan Linwood and David Clark become increasingly involved in the trial--and with each other--as the prosecutor presents the mesmerizing details of a chilling drug conspiracy case against two elderly Chinatown residents.
Published May 10th 1996 by Dutton Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Grand Jury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grand Jury

Jerry-mac
Nov 21, 2014 Jerry-mac marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Maurean
Well....while Mr. Friedman does spin an interesting web of intrique and his characters are very detailed and multi-dimentional (altho, I didn't really like the heroine of this one), I think this one could have been just as well-written and entertaining, in about 200 pages less. At nearly 700 pages, I found myself 'skimming' some of the more irrelevent passages, just to get to the end! Yes, a tad long, but entertaining enough that I would probably read others by Friedman.
Jessica
I don't know what to think about this book. Overall it was good. There were parts that were very slow. Part of me feels it was intentional based on the cultures in the book and how deliberate they appear to be. And then, when it comes to the end it's just over. I feel as though some of the middle could have been cut back so there was more time to focus on the end. There were parts of the story that may not have been necessary.
Dona Krueger
Wish this had a 2 and 1/2 rating because it didn't reach three for me. The information about drugs, dirty cops and China was extremely interesting, but what happened with her son, Charles? It seemed that the book ended prematurely - even with 690 pages. There are things left unresolved (as in life) but somehow it felt as if Friedman ran out of energy to complete the novel.
Marilyn
I learned a lot about the grand jury process. I don't think I want to be involved with the lives of those appearing in front of the grand jury. The involment almost proved fatal. There was a lot of action in this book for the primary characters and it kept my interest clear through. All in all, it was pretty good read.
Elizabeth
I have another Philip Friedman book that I have enjoyed rereading many times over the years, but for some reason I'd never gotten another by him. This one was just as good as the one I'd already read. I'm going to keep my eyes out for more by him next time I hit the library.
Marianne
I found this book had great potential but was very tedious to read. I abandoned it after 100 pages that took days to read.
Anna-Maria
Laborious reading ... to much legal complexity and not enough storyline ... wrapped up rather abruptly.
Eric_W
Not a bad story, but the narrator of this audiobook drove me nuts. Couldn't finish.
Susan
It was not interesting enough to read quickly, but good enough to finish.
Cws
Oct 02, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adventure
A Fri
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Neha Israney
Neha Israney marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Vjohnson
Vjohnson marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 10, 2015
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Nancy Coder
Nancy Coder marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Janet Horner
Janet Horner marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Robert Richard
Robert Richard marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Ethan Knox
Ethan Knox marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Key Witness
  • Arabesk (Cetin Ikmen, #3)
  • Dark Lady
  • Revelation
  • Without Mercy
  • Even Steven
  • A Key to the Suite
  • Blackout (Sam Archer, #3)
  • Feel: Robbie Williams
  • Murphy's Law