Start by marking “Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)

Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  1,192 ratings  ·  115 reviews
Keith Winston is tired of fighting. The war between werewolves and wizards rages on in Europe, but he's come home to Red Rock, Montana in hopes of finding a bit of peace. Instead he finds more strife as he struggles against the pack’s dictates that he resume his place as the alpha’s right hand man.

When he rescues a new wolf on the run, he knows his instant attraction to he
Published October 21st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Cry Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry Sanctuary

Dark Lover by J.R. WardTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDarkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Best Paranormal Romance Series
404th out of 982 books — 10,133 voters
Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleySecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutShe Wolf by Teresa D'AmarioLong Live The New Flesh by William Pauley IIIA Fine Cauldron of Fish by Cornelia Amiri
e books
56th out of 187 books — 185 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam

Cry Sanctuary was a decent paranormal read, nothing to great really stood out but nothing was bad either. Abby was turned against her will, she finds sanctuary in Red Rock Pass and there she is presented with the men who would serve as her guide during her initiation period. The initiation period is a very intimate period where you no only embrace the two halves of you but bond with your guide and after three months you can either walk away and find a mate or stay with your guide. Abby
Jen
Seems like a deliberate move to have the story based within the context of a war between werewolves and wizards, rather than the typical vampire foe. I like it! However, it would have been a lot more interesting to learn more about this war instead of having to read about it on the sideline (which wasn't much actually).

Abby and Keith have good chemistry and their union is fulfilling, if a little too hasty. The idea of an Initiate asking another to be their Guide is a sweet, if dated, notion. Kin
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: I really enjoy Moira Roger’s Southern Arcana series and wanted to try more from these authors.

Favorite Quote: “If you blow up my woman, I will end you.”

Favorite Quote #2: She bit off a curse and turned abruptly, her nails digging into her palms. “You’re mine,” she told him softly.
The door slammed shut.

Dylan Gennaro and Abby Adler are on the run from their violent alpha, Alan Matthews. Alan turned Abby against her will a month ago, and treats women very badly. Although Abby is more
Maria
After I read the prequel of the Red Rock Pass series, I thought that it was time to read “Cry Sanctuary” the first story in the series by Moira Rogers. I have to admit that it was a very interesting read. Of course, is a story with werewolves, but not like others of this genre. My impression is that it’s darker and while I was reading it I had a feeling that things in this world-building will get worse in time.

The story is about Abigail and Keith. Abigail is a young woman who was a victim of a c
Jude Liebermann
Overall the book was interesting and flowed well. Its new slant on the werewolf lore was enjoyable. Vampires don't exist, but Wizards do. A part of that magic mixed in with the werewolves, making some of them very strong. It was a neat concept of the hierarchy among the wolves, and the differences between the "alphas" and the "submissives". I wanted to learn more about it and how they handled changing to their primitive selves.

Unfortunately, the author didn't explore that aspect. She teases us w
Styles
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

I liked the story line, enjoyed the characters, and the adventure.

The characters were well developed. Abby and Keith have great chemistry as do each of the pairs of mates. I especially enjoyed reading about Abby's friend Dylan. I think he is one of those characters you come across in a story that you would like to know more about. We get some info but again, there is a hint of something more. hmmmm
Steph
I loved that this book was about Keith (the little boy we saw in Becoming). He was so adorable looking after Sam and helping his parents ang Gavin. I couldn't wait to see what kind of man he grew into.
He is so strong and caring, doing everything he can to help the people he cares about. He was made Enforcer of the pack by Gavin and he does his job very well.
Abby was a fantastic heroine. She was violently turned into a werewolf only one month ago, to be the unwilling female Alpha of Mathews
Jocelyn
Kelly
I liked this one, I just thought there could have been ... more. More story. more resolution to the story. Sure, they tied up one part of the story line but they didn't give us the satisfaction of seeing Abby make peace with her wolf. Seriously, I got to the end and I kept looking for more. However, it was an intriguing premise and the writing was decent and I've already been checking out the others in the series.

The plot? Strong Beta wolf helps strong female Beta after she escapes from the sadi
Parajunkee
A well written and very highly developed Paranormal world of werewolves, Cry Sanctuary sucks you in immediately as the action begins from the onset and keeps going to the end. The book follows the story of Abigail, whom is rescued by a friend from a sadistic Alpha and brought to Red Rock, Montana. There Abigail meets Keith who is a bit troubled by his past, but can't deny the urge to "protect" Abigail. The crazy, sadistic Alpha that made Abigail won't let go, though and when he kidnaps Abigail's ...more
Sayuri_x
I really enjoyed this but it could have done with being a little longer with some more worldbuilding in it for me. Some of the backstories were sparse. Whether we will get more of that in the next installment is to be seen.

Other than that a great story. Moira Rogers writes werewolves with the right mix of magic and myth. Great stuff.
Jill
Hmmm, this one just didn't do it for my like her other series. I was still decent and I read the whole thing. However I didn't really get a connection with the characters. Couldn't get a grasp of Keith. Anyway, I will try the next one and hope that it was just the whole first book of the series thing.
Shannon
I'm going to admit at first I had a bit of trouble seeing Keith as the hero in this story. Only because I read the prequel and still kind of envision him as a 7 year old boy. However I got over that fairly quickly. Keith has indeed proved to be the kind of hero every girl dreams of.
Holly
Enjoyable,but I felt like I missed some of the backstory. Enjoyed both main characters and the story. The relationship moved a little fast, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief b/c it's a paranormal.
Amanda

I really liked this book. It had some different concepts from the traditional shifter books, which was interesting. The characters were interesting with a good amount of depth, and the romance was and wasn't insta-love. They were drawn to each other, but it wasn't a fated mate type thing. They tried to fight it a little bit, but not enough to cause too much angst. The thing that really detracted from this book for me was the length. It was too short. I really wish the author would have
Lonestar Mama
This is my first book by this writing team. I really want to read their Southern Arcana series, but that would mean I have to get an e-reader device of some sort and then actually buy the book. So, it might be awhile before I get to it. The library had a copy of this one, so I downloaded it and read it on my computer. I was surprised by how short it was. There was so much story packed in those pages though, that the length of the book never factored in or took anything away from the book.

I was i
Dorri
Jul 07, 2010 Dorri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: smut
I loved this book, so why would I only give it a 3 star? Mainly because the book is a little chaotic. Not the passion between Keith Winston and Abigail Adler or even the story it's self, more the slight jitters that happen when scenes don't quite mess together to tell the story.

Keith Winston is an alpha werewolf who ran from a death of a loved one, right into a war he's not sure can be won. When he returns home to one of the few werewolf sanctuaries, Red Rock, he finds himself being ordered by t
Larissa
Review of both Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost!

*4 & 1/2 starts out of 5!

It’s a well known fact that i have a penchant for alpha males, specially the shape shifting type. So, Moira Rogers’s Red Rock Pass series is right up my alley and I have to say I loved it.

Sanctuary is actually two stories in one book. Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost both came out before in ebook version and now they have been put together and are coming out in one print volume.

The modern world and society are hell on w
Christie
To sum up my feelings for this book in one word would be Wow! Bree and Donna, the ladies that make up the persona known as Moira Rogers, have managed to create some of the hottest alpha males I’ve ever encountered. Keith Winston won my heart the moment he was introduced. He has just recently returned from fighting the war between werewolves and wizards. While trying to recover from years spent in battle he has Abigail Adler suddenly thrown into his life.

Abby is a new wolf who is trying to escap
Meljean Brook
Caroline The HEA Lover
(This was originally published on Book Lovers Inc)

This book is a novella (or short story? I never know the difference), and I think it’s difficult to write a good story in so few pages…but Moira Rogers (Bree and Donna) did an amazing job at creating a new world and making us crave for more. This is the first book in the series so we are still discovering everything. Red Rock Pass is a sanctuary for werewolves who need a place that is safe. The Alphas in this sanctuary helps those who need it.

Cry
Starry
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
It's really 3 1/2 stars. :)

I loved Cry Sanctuary. I read this book in a couple of hours. My only complaint is that I wish the book was longer. Because the book isn't that long, the relationship between Keith and Abby developed rather quickly. Keith is the typical Alpha male. He's strong and responsible. Abby is a newly turned female who needs a strong male. Her attraction to Keith was instantaneous. I loved that Abby's character wasn't wimpy or whiny. Of course they are going to be good together
Suz
May 15, 2011 Suz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
This is a fairly fast paced paranormal romance novella that starts with action in the first chapter and it maintains the pace all the way through. I liked that the protagonist didn't spend a lot of time beating any dead horses, but the romance itself happened so quickly it was almost unbelievable. Almost. Given that it was a novella so there wasn't a lot of room to develop things I'd say it was very well done. I felt like I knew the characters well enough to sympathize with them fairly quickly i ...more
Donna
Cry Sanctuary was an exciting fast read for me, I enjoyed watching the relationship dynamics between Abigail "Abby" and Keith play out from the action packed start to the explosive ending. Abby and Keith neither tried to fight their physical attraction for the other. They both went with their instincts instead of trying to deny them. They just had self-doubts as to whether one would accept the other more on an emotional level because they were both trying to overcome issues from their past. But ...more
Caitlin Peterson

I was i
Patti Loves FAB Romance
Recently, I read Crux by Moira Rogers, and really liked it. When the opportunity to read Cry Sanctuary, the first book in the Red Rock Pass series rose, I jumped on it! Before I read Cry Sanctuary, I read the free prequel, Becoming, which tells how the pack alphas, Gavin and Sam, met 40 years ago. Sam escaped from a viscious Alpha, Alan Matthews, and came to Gavin's pack for Sanctuary. (We also get a tiny peek of Keith as a child.)

Cry Sanctuary is Abby and Keith's story. Abigail Adler's life has
T.
I checked a Cry Sanctuary ebook out from my local library. Rogers is a new author to me, but after reading Wilder's Mate and Crux (Free on Amazon, at the time) I was hooked on her writing style and ability to make old ideas seem a bit fresher. Really good character development, and a good plot-- a little rushed in the last chapters, but a good read, none the less. I'll be looking for more by Moira Rogers.
Gaby
I read this book in July when the authors announced that the first books in all their series (Kit Rocha included for those of you interested) would be available for free in ebook format. Now, the Moira Rogers paranormal romances are hit or miss with me.
This is more of miss.
While I gave the book three stars, it wasn't my favorite by them. The sex seemed thrown in and didn't fit with the build up and afterwards the characters had a forced element to them. Like their interactions were trying to b
Julia
I think this is my favorite Moira Rogers book so far. I liked the story of Abby, a newly turned werewolf, finding sanctuary at Red Rock and learning about her new life. There is a long sex scene, that I thought could have been trimmed a little, but otherwise, the pacing of the story was great. There was action, rescue missions and a love story too. This was fun to read.
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • The Pearl at the Gate
  • My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • All in Time
  • Bond with Me (Fallen, #1)
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • Icy Heat (Heat Series)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1)
  • Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • She Wolf (True Mates, #1)
  • Northfield
  • The Matchmakers
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Half Past Dead (Includes: The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1)
  • Siren of the Waters
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Red Rock Pass (4 books)
  • Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1) Wilder's Mate (Bloodhounds, #1)