Start by marking “The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley, #2)
Read Book

The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley #2)

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Everyone has an addiction. For Blake, it's Ella. She's smart, strong, gorgeous...and remembers the reign of Queen Elizabeth. His blood, the blood of a strong shapeshifter, gives her power. Her bite brings him pleasure. But he wants more. He wants the one thing Ella can't give to anyone: control.

No matter how many times he walks away, something always drags him back. This t
Published (first published July 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Thirteenth Step, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirteenth Step

Ok I must admit that while I did still really like this one, it would have to be my least favorite of the series. I'm sorry because I did like it, but it just seemed kinda sad and disappointing. They didn't end up together and I really just couldn't understand their relationship. Did they love each other? Was she just using him? Did they get back together or something? I really was just confused most the time. Oh and though the sex was really hot and yummy lol I also I found it really weird how ...more
A big disappointment as I usually love what they write. This is clearly an earlier story - light on romance, erotica (though not light on the sex), plot and character development. It was a freebie so I only lost the time it took to read.
This is a short story and boy is it steamy, hot and then some. The plot is very simple, Ella is at odds with another vampire and she needs the help of her old lover Blake. And of course this book is full of se*, so defiantly not a young adult book; at least not in my opinion. I really like the details in this book and I guess the reason for that is because so many short stories feel superficial to me. But this one, you can tell that at one point that Blake was really in love with Ella and still ...more
Sarah (saz101)
Huh. Surprisingly bittersweet in the end. After back-to-backing Moira Roger's Last Call series (they. are. so. gooooooood.) I've come to expect sweet with my sexy, and a healthy serving of romance and happy endings.

The Mystic Valley books seem a little darker. No less hot, oh no, and the leads still have a strong fascination with... uh... 'toys'. This was a quick read -- shorter than any other MR novellas -- but no less compulsively readable or flesh out for it. In fact, this couple may have mor
I have a feeling this short read is about characters previously introduced in a full length novel by the author, but could not figure out which. I have a feeling if that is the case and you are a fan that you would enjoy this read more than I did. I really would have only given it a 2 1/2 if that were an option. I felt like I was missing something the whole time. I did enjoy the writer's style of writing and will probably check out her full length works. I am really hoping this was a short read ...more
I actually like this short hot and erotic read. Moira Rogers does have a lot of magic to her short steamy stories. the plot is clear, the characters are well described and the sexy scenes are exploding. Its like you are wanting for more. Ella, a vampire is very strong willed and till the end he did not submit to Blake. But they do know that they will still end up for each other. Moira Rogers's books are like food that will make you want more...its like something that you will crave..:)
Moira Rogers knows how to bring teh sex. There's not much of a HEA (or even a hint of one) but it ends on a good note. Plus, these books aren't really about the romance anyway. I pretty much like whatever Moira Rogers throw my way.

The Thirteenth Step was a free download I found on Moira Rogers' website on September 8th, 2012 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Read in a day good read. Lots of sex
Oct 29, 2009 Slayermel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys paranormal erotica
This is a short erotic story about Blake a shapeshifter and Ella a vampire.
Blake and Ella had a relationship years ago until Blake called it all off. Now Ella has brought him to Vegas under the false pretence of a job. What Ella really needs is Blake's Blood as she struggles for power against the city's Master.

This was a super short story. The characters were interesting. I wish it had been longer. I haven't read the Mystic Valley series yet, but if it's these same characters I can't wait.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
It's not a happy ending with this one, though I still liked it. I didn't like how Ella used Blake like that, but he did get his own back in the end. A stort hot steamy read.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
well, not much to say but sex between a vamp woman & alpha wolf man with a tiny side story.
still don't think the book title has anything to do with the story.
Laurie Bongiorno
Best thing - free and sooo short. This was kinda depressing...
Amanda Dicicco
It was okay. Wasn't the best. No storyline all sex.
ms bookjunkie
Do not like. No HEA/HFN. Left me feeling gloomy. >: (
Great story, but um...where's the rest of it?
Another short hot erotica story.
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Mar 19, 2012 Madison rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 18 and over
HOT, fast-paced quickie :0)
Nicole added it
Nov 26, 2015
Johanna Pipkin
Johanna Pipkin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Christine marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Leni is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2015
A marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Cassie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
  • Catharsis
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • Under a Midnight Moon (Werekind #2.5)
  • Beasts of New York: A Children's Book for Grown-Ups
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
  • Abandoned (Running In Fear, #2)
  • Geek Mafia: Mile Zero
  • The Wolf She Married
  • Rebel Spurs
  • Pixie's Passion (Moonlight and Magic, #4)
  • One for the Team (Team, #1)
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • Look What Santa Brought (The Perfect Gift)
  • Scarecrows
  • Ridgeville Series: Volume One
  • Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2)
  • Master's Thief
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Mystic Valley (5 books)
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • That Old Black Magic (Mystic Valley, #3)
  • Some Like It Haunted (Mystic Valley, #4)
  • Last Hope (Mystic Valley, #5)