At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)

At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Erin Maguire is shocked to discover that her adopted son is the heir to a desert kingdom! Now they're en route to the land of Qubbah with little Kazim's uncle, the powerful and arrogant Zahir bin Kahlid al Muntassir!Zahir insists Erin marry him, and that his young nephew remain in Qubbah! She refuses to leave Kazim behind, but she's not of royal blood. Zahir will have a ve...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin

Joy
I liked the story, Erin's character as a loving adoptive mother who had a sordid past tugged at my heart, but I have a love-hate feeling about Zahir and she together. I really wanted to give this a higher rating, but I didn't like the way the characters didn't progress.

One would think they're getting somewhere during the honeymoon but Zahir is too dominant and rude for my taste, he's not even the sexy dominating type but the annoying type. Sure he's hot and he's royalty, but I didn't like the w...more
Dee
I was struggling to write a review for this one as in some ways I liked it and in many others I didn't.

I had read other reviews and came along this one http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... To be honest I couldn't have put it better - I hope you don't mind that I used your review Joy ☺
Erica
I'm not usually in the habit of reviewing these bog standard Mills & Boon pieces of fluff, but that's because normally they're very middle of the road and you can't say a lot about them. This one, however... Dear God, where do I start?
'Mills & Boon Modern' it says on the cover, and a quick peek at the publishing date shows that this book stems from 2008, but if you'd told me it was written and published in 1978 I'd have found it more believable. The arrogant, hateful, mid-thirties hero a...more
Megs
The story over all was nicely written, but I am just not a great fan of a plot, where Hero treats the h abominably and insult her at every point in the name of love and jealousy. It could have been much better if there were some more instances where the h had a reason to actually like the H let alone fall in love with him. Also the end was too abrupt, until the last page the H was testing the h, I don't see how that can be called love in the next paragraph. But over all decently written.
Liza
He is so mean to her.

Okay, I've read hundreds of HPs. I know how these work. Sometimes (often), the hero misjudges the heroine and treats her with less than respect. Then, misunderstandings get cleared up, everything's forgiven, and the characters live happily ever after. I've enjoyed some of those stories.

However, the hero in this one is so mean to the heroine. There needed to be much more groveling for a believable HEA.
Jessica
I found Zahir's character to be too arrogant and overly alpha but it worked as the author created a balance in the middle and the end of the book. The characters were believable and their back stories were good.
Elle Markov
Zahir is such a brute but it's a nice story, however I didn't like the ending. she gets the guy but what about the baby the book should have ended with all 3 of them hugging.
Julie C-f
I don't think I like Zahir at all.
Le`le
Le`le marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Ryssa
Ryssa marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I grew up without a TV, let alone DVD’s, computer games etc that my kids spend so much time engrossed in, but I learned to read at an early age and from then on I was always entertained – so much so that my friends used to hide their books when I visited them because all I wanted to do was read!

When I was a teenager I discovered Mills & Boon romances in my local library, and so began a lifelon...more
More about Chantelle Shaw...
The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess His Unknown Heir After the Greek Affair Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920) Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)