Start by marking “At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)” as Want to Read:
At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)

At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Erin Maguire is shocked to discover that her adopted son is the heir to a desert kingdom! Now they're en route to the land of Qubbah with little Kazim's uncle, the powerful and arrogant Zahir bin Kahlid al Muntassir!Zahir insists Erin marry him, and that his young nephew remain in Qubbah! She refuses to leave Kazim behind, but she's not of royal blood. Zahir will have a ve ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about At the Sheikh's Bidding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At the Sheikh's Bidding

Joy
I liked the story, Erin's character as a loving adoptive mother who had a sordid past tugged at my heart, but I have a love-hate feeling about Zahir and she together. I really wanted to give this a higher rating, but I didn't like the way the characters didn't progress.

One would think they're getting somewhere during the honeymoon but Zahir is too dominant and rude for my taste, he's not even the sexy dominating type but the annoying type. Sure he's hot and he's royalty, but I didn't like the w
Dee
I was struggling to write a review for this one as in some ways I liked it and in many others I didn't.

I had read other reviews and came along this one http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... To be honest I couldn't have put it better - I hope you don't mind that I used your review Joy
Erica
I'm not usually in the habit of reviewing these bog standard Mills & Boon pieces of fluff, but that's because normally they're very middle of the road and you can't say a lot about them. This one, however... Dear God, where do I start?
'Mills & Boon Modern' it says on the cover, and a quick peek at the publishing date shows that this book stems from 2008, but if you'd told me it was written and published in 1978 I'd have found it more believable. The arrogant, hateful, mid-thirties hero a
Rexanne Cosico
It was okay.

In my opinion:
- The setting was interesting but it wasn't highlighted enough.
- The presence of the child they both have a claim to is an interesting facet but it wasn't explored enough.
-The hero and heroine are complex characters who don't
-There were many sex scenes. They weren't very graphic they were many and not at all crucial to the story.
-The ending was too hurried.

It's not going to be one of my favorite Harlequins by Chantelle Shaw but it was okay.
Maria Sanigan
Powerful, leaning towards the side of an alpha-male, too dominant and superior, but still beautiful and sweet for my taste.
Megs
The story over all was nicely written, but I am just not a great fan of a plot, where Hero treats the h abominably and insult her at every point in the name of love and jealousy. It could have been much better if there were some more instances where the h had a reason to actually like the H let alone fall in love with him. Also the end was too abrupt, until the last page the H was testing the h, I don't see how that can be called love in the next paragraph. But over all decently written.
Liza
He is so mean to her.

Okay, I've read hundreds of HPs. I know how these work. Sometimes (often), the hero misjudges the heroine and treats her with less than respect. Then, misunderstandings get cleared up, everything's forgiven, and the characters live happily ever after. I've enjoyed some of those stories.

However, the hero in this one is so mean to the heroine. There needed to be much more groveling for a believable HEA.
Jessica
I found Zahir's character to be too arrogant and overly alpha but it worked as the author created a balance in the middle and the end of the book. The characters were believable and their back stories were good.
Elle Markov
Zahir is such a brute but it's a nice story, however I didn't like the ending. she gets the guy but what about the baby the book should have ended with all 3 of them hugging.
Irene
I just didn't like the way he was treating her at all 'cause it was really mean insulting her all the time and even in the end by sending again a checque.
Julie C-f
I don't think I like Zahir at all.
Benedicta Chettiar
Benedicta Chettiar marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Nofi
Nofi added it
May 07, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jared89
Jared89 marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Florencia Goliath
Florencia Goliath marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Jessie
Jessie added it
Apr 10, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Favour
Favour added it
Mar 23, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
  • The Sheikh's Rebellious Mistress (Sheikh Tycoons, #3)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • A Question of Pride
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Italian Boss, Ruthless Revenge
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
I grew up without a TV, let alone DVD’s, computer games etc that my kids spend so much time engrossed in, but I learned to read at an early age and from then on I was always entertained – so much so that my friends used to hide their books when I visited them because all I wanted to do was read!

When I was a teenager I discovered Mills & Boon romances in my local library, and so began a lifelon
More about Chantelle Shaw...
The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5) His Unknown Heir Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920) Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70) The Spanish Duke's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2679)