Start by marking “Myth Alliances (Myth Adventures, #14)” as Want to Read:
Myth Alliances (Myth Adventures, #14)

Myth Alliances (Myth Adventures #14)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,507 ratings  ·  20 reviews
When the sheepish Wuhses are taken advantage of by the overbearing Pervects, Skeeve teams up with Zol Icty--self-help expert and bestselling author of Imps Are from Imper, Deveels Are from Deva--on a mythion in personal empowerment. ...more
Published July 27th 2004 by Ace (first published January 1st 2003)

This was the first new book in the Myth Adventure series for a long while, and marks the start of the collaboration between Robert Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye. Despite the usual characters being present the style of the book is a marked contrast to the earlier ones in the series. Normally most are from Skeeve's point of view, but this was a bit of a jumble with regards whose viewpoint is being used at different stages in the story.
There are some welcome additions to the usual characters, and some h
After 12 short novels and a small short story collection, you'd think I'd be tired of the Myth books. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I'm not. Maybe because I've read them over the past 12 years, I dunno. They're a little formulaic, but not so much as to make me really notice it while reading. The characters and their interactions make me smile, and I guess that's the important thing.

The first novel Asprin co-written with Nye, I think this felt like a decent Myth book. The series has always bee
Matthew Green
While Myth Alliances is a better book than Something M.Y.T.H. Inc., it is merely a continuing demonstration of the disintegration of the Myth Adventures. Nye's collaboration with Asprin drew him out of the tailspin that the series had entered, but there is not enough upward motion to make it worthwhile.

The tenor of the book is far different from the original seven or eight volumes, which is perhaps the greatest disappointment. Asprin had managed in those old novels to blend a sense of playfulne
I really, really wanted to love this book. I've been a fan of Skeeve and Aahz since Steve introduced them to me 20+ years ago. To me, the writing often felt forced, and there was a lot more attention paid to the 'antagonists' than I've previously seen in this series. The pace felt a bit slow until the climax, and then the ending seemed somewhat abrupt.

That said, it was still enjoyable, but I think if this were my introduction to the Mythadventures series I'd not have read all the books.

I'll give
As another reviewer noted, I'm unreasonably fond of the Myth series of books, especially the ones that Asprin and Nye collaborated on. Perhaps it's because, as the reader, you can SEE some of the information that our protagonist, Skeeve, can't see. So you can see what he should be doing, but isn't. Reading a Myth story is an exercise in waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The tropes are obvious and in your face throughout each story. Some of the references are clearly of their time, as when our
Doc Opp
I don't know why I keep reading this series. Nostalgia I guess. The book was, as usual, a fast read. And it had some good puns. But the plots are very simplistic and the characters are mere caricatures. The series was fun as a young teen, and maybe still is for that age group even though I no longer meet that description.
John Loyd
Myth Alliances (2003) 275 pages by Robert Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye.

Skeeve, Tananda, Bunny and Gleep go to the dimension Wuh to help the Whuses regain control of their dimension from the pervect ten. They enlist the help of Zol Icty an author of self hlep books, who wanted to come along to study a new dimension. Most of the Myth books are from Skeeve point of view, for the most part this one was as well, but a significant portion was from the POV of the pervect ten.

We get to see that Skeeve and h
Tom Loock
Re-read in December 2013 as part of my self-prescribed MYTH-marathon. Myth Alliances was new to me, because (in the interest of honesty) I had given up on the series the first time around after Myth-ion Improbable.

This is clearly a Jody Lynn Nye-novel if you look at the structure, narrator's voice and other style elements.

Is it bad (because Robert Asprin had obviously little to do with it)? Not at all. It's different, but MYTH could/can use new ideas at this stage. However, it's longer than an A
Mītu sērijas četrpadsmitā grāmata. Lai izpildītu gada plānu, man šī grāmatu sērija būtu jāpievārē līdz gada beigām. Vēl atlikušas pāris grāmatas, un nekas neliecina, ka kādi apstākļi varētu man traucēt savu plānu piepildīt.

Skīvs joprojām sēž savā krodziņā un trenējas maģijas pamatos, nav lāgā, ja visu dimensiju ietekmīgākais mags nezina pašus maģijas pamatus. Un tad kādu dienu uz viņa kroga sliekšņa uzrodas Wuhses dimensijas pārstāvis ar izmisīgu palīdzības lūgumu. Viņu dimensiju ir pārņēmis Per
It was cute. It moved pretty decently, pace wise, and I think JLN helped give the MYTH series a little bit of a new breath. There's no Aahz in this one, except for a quick little scene in the beginning. Skeeve is still on sabbatical from M.Y.T.H. Inc. and Bunny is with him.

There's really not much to say, the story was entertaining and cute, but it wasn't as amazing as the first few books in the series. At this point, I'm only continuing with them because there's only a few left.
Nu pagalam jau iestiepta grāmata un ar īpašu asprātību vai interesantu dimensiju uz citu sērijas grāmatu fona arī neizceļas.
Bija interesanti stāstu redzēt gan no Skīva, gan viņa pretinieku skatu punkta, bet vispār grāmata pati par sevi nebija nekas īpašs.
Esimene Myth sarjast, mida ma ei nautinud..
Brian Palmer
Totally readable, and a shade of the characters from earlier in the series remains. But somehow the magic was gone... the plot of this never quite congealed. All the characters in it are kind of unlikeable and, frankly and above all, stupid. As other reviews have pointed out, the book seemed to have a lot of different things it was trying to satirize, but not enough of the blows landed. A shame ... if you're a fan of earlier books in the series, no harm in reading this, and it seemed to set up s ...more
I love the Myth series books because they are full of puns. This one is no exception with the Wuhses who not only physically look a bit like sheep but act like them too (wusses). Skeeve and his associates jump through dimensions to several different worlds all of whose inhabitant races have names that are puns on their behavior. Fun book.
This later book in the series was another slow read. It is funny seeing the timid hero protecting people who are more timid than himself; but overall, it was rather disappointing.
I read this in 2003; it's a selection of short sotires, and not one of my favorite installments (picked it up at an estate sale, because I two luv'd the first two books)
This book was just not the same as the earlier MYTH novels. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't what I have come to expect.
Meh. Read better in the series.
See book 1
Chill Hicks
Chill Hicks marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Rashid Khan
Rashid Khan marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Brian Whaley
Brian Whaley marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Ichi marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Greg added it
Nov 22, 2015
  • Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted
  • Castle War! (Castle Perilous, #4)
  • Callahan's Legacy (Mary's Place, #2) (Callahan's Series, #7)
  • The Blood of Ten Chiefs (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #1)
  • Prostho Plus
  • Turn the Other Chick (Chicks in Chainmail, #5)
  • King Kobold Revived (Warlock, #2)
  • The Wiz Biz (Wiz, #1-2)
  • The Questing of Kedrigern (Kedrigern, #2)
Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phule’s Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves’ World antho ...more
More about Robert Asprin...

Myth Adventures (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1)
  • Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2)
  • Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3)
  • Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4)
  • Myth-ing Persons (Myth Adventures, #5)
  • Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures, #8)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action (Myth Adventures, #9)
  • Sweet Myth-Tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #10)