Start by marking “Hands Of Light: A Guide To Healing Through The Human Energy Field: A New Paradigm For The Human Being In Health, Relationship, And Disease” as Want to Read:
Hands Of Light: A Guide To Healing Through The Human Energy Field:  A New Paradigm For The Human Being In Health, Relationship, And Disease
Preview

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  6,503 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Non Fiction
Published by Pleiades Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Hands Of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hands Of Light

Shasta McBride
A must read, basic 101 for everyone interested in energy. I really loved this section, Heyoan On Death:

We have already died in forgetting who we are. Those parts of us that we have forgotten are walled off from reality, and we have come into incarnation to retrieve them. So although we fear death, we have already died, and in the incarnation process of reintegrating with our greater being, we actually find more life. The only thing that dies is death.

During our life we wall off experiences tha
Raina
UPDATE: I came back to this book after a psychic woman told me my chakras were blocked. I read it for an hour last night. This book is dense-- definitely not a reference book. I went to look up specific chakras and how/ why they are blocked, and that information is spread throughout the entire book! every chapter is about chakras.It is designed for people who want to learn about energetic healing and the entire human spiritual experience.

Serious, old school woo-woo. Brennan is an energetic heal
Leighton Durney
This is a great book. Barbara shares her in-depth knowledge and understanding in this field of healing. The book has helped me to further understand the human energy fields (aura) and provided an insight into healing practices along with exercises and techniques that I can practice to enhance my abilities. In addition to her books, Barbara has set up the Barbara Brennan School of Healing, with campus' in Miami, United States and Japan. She is seen as world renowned expert in her field. So if thi ...more
Satia
I am not finishing this book because my body is clearly not responding to the text. In all other books I have read on energy work, whether about Qigong or prana or yoga, my hands, my scalp, my body responds. I can literally feel the energy within me stirring.

While reading this book I felt nothing which tells me that this book is not meant for me. Maybe it is simply a matter of bad timing and later I will return to it to find it inspiring. I doubt it. The author really emphasizes that the book i
Cathy
This book was fantastic! As a layperson, what has stayed with me the most is 1)the author's history of science and the naming of major periods or influencial people, and 2)an explanation of research done to prove that color has vibrational frequency(ies) and wave band(s). I love it that she combined psychology with the study of the Human Energy Field and higher sensory perception. Yes, there is so much more that could stay with me; but the simple wonderment and appreciation for expressing the bi ...more
Carl
Sep 25, 2008 Carl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in healing
Recommended to Carl by: Self
This is a work on healing and energy work which has been around for years. They just don't get any better. The book is encyclopedic in its wealth of information and takes you through the course of energy education at your own pace. Everything is covered, nothing missed. This book is timeless as is the information contained in the numerous pages. A definite must have for the idle curious to the dedicated hands on healer. It will make you a believer if you are not already.
Barbara is simply amazing
Windy Spring
I read ( or I should say I studied )this book years ago and I loved it.
This is one of those life changing books 4 me.
I just reacently reaquired it and I am enjoying reading it a second time
I am working the meditations into my Yoga routine and daily living.
Melodie
This is a book I chose as part of the required reading section as I make my way toward certification in Healing Energy.It is difficult to review such a book. As a level three student, much of what she wrote was above me.
However, her personal journey was fascinating. Her eye for the minutest detail in the healing process was breath-taking. And the healing sessions she chronicles are almost unbelievable. To the skeptic's eye, some of this was fantastical. However unbelievable to it's critics, I
Orna
An absolute fantastic book - would consider it an essential for anyone working in energy healing, or pursuing courses in energy healing, as well as anyone even interested in, regardless of what particular discipline or modality of energy work one may be coming from. It covers many different topics, and is quite an indepth book, yet very user friendly too. I like how the author covers different aspects that she became aware of as she developed as a healer, and the diagrams in the book also help t ...more
StefanieEmmy
Für alle, die sich wundern, was ich denn da "Schräges" lese: Ich mache gerade eine Art Glaubens-Neuorientierung durch. Allerdings ist mir die Autorin dieses Buches eindeutig zu esoterisch unterwegs - bei ihr passiert alles ganz plötzlich, Erklärung bekommt man fast nie eine. Leider bewirkt das bei mir "beim einen Ohr rein, beim anderen raus", dabei steckt in diesem Buch viel Wahrheit. Schon möglich, dass es daran liegt, dass das Buch schon etwas älter ist, aber bei mir kommts einfach nicht richt ...more
Emily
Apr 22, 2008 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone into energy healing, anyone curious, esp. with q's
Recommended to Emily by: I did, via my family, open to possibilities, open to how to, oth
I read both barbara ann books. I chose them both, at the book sellers. They reinforced the independent studies, encouraged in my upbringing years, that is, went right along with my findings, as encouraged to explore and activate/do,by my folks.I consider her work and works to be beautiful...there is a place or two, where I see that she might have taken a more explanatory direction -- still, she didn't...and, for someone practiced, her approach works (I am only considering that those not already ...more
John
Finally a healer/clairvoyant with a solid background in physics!! Her voice and experience in psychology also lends authority to the transformation of existing paradigms in health and science. She is not espousing anything new but her knowledge in western science and her clairvoyant vision and healing abilities help to make yet another case in chipping away the old materialistic view of reality that is what most in our society hold true. If you interested in Auras, psychology, clairvoyance, the ...more
Lisa
Since I'm just learning about energy healing, some of this went over my head, especially the physics. But overall, it is very informative. It explains the healing work that I'm having done - to help me better understand it. It also gives me "homework" - things I can do on my own to help heal quicker but I think this will be a continual type thing. A way to stay healthy through my life's journey. This book will be a remaining on my table as a reference for quite awhile, I think.
Melanie The Medium
This book is intense. It is the most thorough, complex, detailed guide to energy healing I've read. I haven't even finished it yet because there's so much to take in! If you're interested in energy healing, chakras, and viewing/working with the aura, this is the book to have. I recommend buying this book and her other manual, Light Emerging, if you're interested in these topics.
Melissa
WOW! Full on and amazing stuff.. This book sits in my references shelf.. I read it so fast the first time, it was so full of detailed explanations of energy fields and techniques, i was amazed.. I wanted to KNOW everything, right away.. now i just pick it up now and then and re-absorb.

Sky Feather
Δεν είχα σκοπό να προσθέσω το δικό μου λόγο υπό μορφή «κριτικής», σε αυτό το θεόσταλτο δώρο που είναι η ανάγνωση και των 333 σελίδων αυτού του βιβλίου, παρά μόνο για να επισημάνω πως στην ελληνική αυτή έκδοση λείπουν δυστυχώς κάποιες εικόνες και πολλές είναι ασπρόμαυρες. Και είναι κρίμα διότι βοηθούν σημαντικά.

Αντί «κριτικής» για το βιβλίο ας προσθέσω ένα σημαντικό απόσπασμα από τις τελευταίες σελίδες:
«Ο θεραπευτής πρέπει να θυμάται ότι εργαζόμαστε για να θεραπεύσουμε την ψυχή. Είναι πολύ σημαντ
Wendyrose89
Thoroughly enjoying this book; however, would want to be taught by a certified instructor, and not just anyone who has already read it.
I've read this book over ten years ago and am reading it again. It's very informative, interesting to read and I love it.
Yvan
Forced me to shake the core of my beliefs and opened a whole new world to me.
Monica
This book contains a wealth of information, which is wonderful especially if you have already gone through basic text books such as William Rand's Reiki. But it is was not easy for me to absorb so much new information in one sitting as some parts are too far removed from my current level of experience and understanding (centre portion of the book). So I feel there is no need to plough through every detail but that a browse-through would suffice for certain portions to gain a general idea.

What I
Erin
Apr 07, 2013 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Holley Duffy
Recommended to Erin by: Fred Person
This is an absolutely fascinating book written by an author with a rare perspective - she is a former NASA physicist turned psychic healer. The section of the book where she explains Newtonian physics and how those theories have (detrimentally) shaped how we think about our world on an everyday basis was so mind-blowing. I always thought of physics theories as "outside" everyday knowledge and practice, but that is clearly such a false view.

I had NO idea the human energy field and chakras were so
Victoria
A fantastic book for understanding the process of healing through the Human Energy Field. I highly recommend it to healers and to those who are seeking healing! It combines greatly psychology with higher sensory perception and the study of the Human Energy Field. Great source of information for people who seek happiness and who wish to achieve the freedom within. I love it!
Library-KAT
This book explains in detail the use of energy in healing, the "Laying on of Hands".

It is detailed and teaches a person how to conduct the flow of universal life energy through them and use it in helping others.

I have referred many people to this book when they have shown and interest in the healing properties of natural energy.
Anne
Barbara Brennan's book is touted in the world of healing as a ground-breaking view of the human body and its disease vs. health. I bought this book at least 10 years ago, and it is a dog-eared and time-worn reference book for me. The author teaches unique and lucid concepts to support the development and application of energy healing..
Michelle
Although, I have to say, it has given me a broader insight about the subject I do find this book a little egotistical and wirtten by a scientist who has written it for scientifically minded people. This book could easily be condensed down once the waffle has been taken out, buy hey that would make less money. I am only following this as it is one of many covered in my course work. What I would like to say that everyone's perception is different and think she should take that into account, having ...more
Shanna
Oct 17, 2009 Shanna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in the field of healing
This book, though it seems to have a little of what I call "dogma" or the implication that a person must follow a specific belief system for the healing methods to work, has a lot of practical, clear, straightforward advice about how to work with the chakras and the human energy field.

One of the things that I have really enjoyed about the book so far has been the scientific background behind the energy system. I believe in the enrgy field of the human body because I can feel it, but it makes th
Shandril
A wonderful book for beginning energy workers. Includes color illustrations, chakra work, and other necessary information for those who lay hands.
Virginealiz Soares
Tudo que sei sobre Aura, Chakras, corpo de luz, meridianos - ou seja, toda constituição esotérica do ser humano. E sobre a Luz, sua natureza e as formas de trabalhá-las e enviá-la.
Depois vieram muitos livros sobre o assunto, alguns melhores em algum tópico e "vários" que eram quase sempre uma repetição usando outros título, outras fotos ou modelos que, infelizmente não acessaram o padrão deste livro.

Por isso, é um livro que deixo sempre à mão, se vou tratar do assunto ou se fiz nova leitura gost
Connie Bauer
Excellent book for those interested in hands-on and distance healing. It should be required reading by all healers.
Fusun Dulger charles
Great book for anyone who wants to know about energy and healing. Well written and explained.
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals
  • Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing Manos Que Curan 2: Hagase la Luz RUCE SVETLA v3 (cs BARBARA BRENNAN ) Seeds of the Spirit 2000 Hágase la luz: Manos que curan 2