Start by marking “Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind The UFO Phenomenon” as Want to Read:
Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind The UFO Phenomenon

Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind The UFO Phenomenon

Is there a cosmic destiny for planet Earth? What is behind UFO sightings? Are they real? Where are they from? What does the Bible say about them? Are they friendly or hostile? This book confronts the issues head-on and offers answers to many of the most pertinent questions, including a new chapter on government disinformation and possible cover-ups.
Published October 31st 2003 by Koinonia House (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Encounters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Encounters

John
Nov 27, 2011 John rated it really liked it
Now here's an odd book. It's probably the most bizarre bit of conspiracy theorizing I've ever come across, and yet, if you believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God, then the premise presented here certainly seems plausible; logical, even. This is by far Missler's most captivating book, but also highly theoretical in nature, and not something that most people are going to be able to buy into. However, Missler does make a strong case that the UFO phenomenon is a real event not simply regul ...more
Mandi
Mar 08, 2010 Mandi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mandis-shelf
This is one of those books that revealed my preconcieved notions on the subject as I began. I would not have readily admitted to anyone that I was reading it because people who believe in UFOs are kooky right? Boy was I in for a shock! The only reason I even considered reading it was because I highly respect the author and know he is not one to write anything without have done an exhorbitant amount of research on the subject. I now can easily admit to having read this book and highly recommend i ...more
Brent McCulley
Nov 21, 2014 Brent McCulley rated it really liked it
Shelves: prophecy
This is an excellent book by Chuck Missler - pairing with Eastman - which really sets the plane straight regarding the alien phenomenon. Although this book is a little older, and slightly out of date with some of the more recent events (a great documentary that should be watched is Fallen Angels and the NWO, free on YouTube), it still does an excellent job at explaining the pheonomona, citing it, and showing how it fits in with a biblical worldview, namely, they are demons. Missler has been larg ...more
Elle
Jan 08, 2011 Elle rated it really liked it
This is one of those areas where Missler crosses into some speculative ideas, and his work here is controversial. Sadly, a lot of people will write him off as a crackpot because he dares to consider some ideas that are beyond the pale. But if you can take what he says with a grain of salt (as he himself advises at the beginning of most of his teaching materials), it can be fun to contemplate the theories he tosses around. Nobody should be dogmatic about ideas like this, but neither should we clo ...more
Steve Wilson
Sep 01, 2012 Steve Wilson rated it really liked it
A thought-provoking book positing a new theory to explain alien encounters and abductions. The spiritual angle detailed in this volume should not be discounted.
Mikey
Mar 09, 2016 Mikey rated it liked it
Intriguing! I support the general premise regarding alien phenomenon being replete with a false New Age message. Although admittedly it does get pretty strange and is very difficult to actually grapple with subject matter as a very true reality. (view spoiler) ...more
Janett Wawrzyniak
Feb 11, 2013 Janett Wawrzyniak rated it really liked it
This book is an informed analysis having expertise connected to working with the subjects discussed. Chuck Missler graduated from the United States Naval Academy, other achievements are as follows. Branch Chief of the Department of Guided Missiles, Senior Analyst with projects for the intelligence community and Department of Defense, various technologies, and in aerospace with much more. Having a working knowledge of Quantum physics and astrophysics, the subject placement combined many areas of ...more
Donna
Nov 19, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quantum-physics
If you read the reviews below by Mandi, Elle, Janett and Danny, you will get a very good idea of Chuck Missler's credibility as a scientist and a Christian.

Missler uses a solid understanding of Hebrew and Greek to uncover the real meaning of scriptures that have seemed to lose their importance when translated into English. We have accepted blindly so many things that we have been taught in the Christian church that we have missed very significant facts, especially about the Nephilim.

Chuck Miss
Crystal
Jul 19, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
The first several reviews cover everything you want or need to know in deciding if this is a book for you. I've never been interested or read about UFO's before, but found the premise of this book very interesting and plausible. I couldn't put it down until the end. The one friend I admitted I was reading it to said she'd put it in her queue, and then we could discuss it wearing tin foil hats in the back of a pick-up truck somewhere in the deserts of New Mexico.
Peter De Klerk
Apr 01, 2016 Peter De Klerk rated it really liked it
I really respect Chuck Missler and enjoy his work, this book was an interesting take on UFOs which is a subject I am curious about and like to read about so, if you are also interested in weird stuff like that, you might like this too :)
Marie Silk
Apr 07, 2016 Marie Silk rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and the theories presented. The only issue was that I had to buy several copies because the ones I loaned out never came back.
Nick Woodall
Chuck Missler is an awesome communicator, whether in writing or in audio. This book is great, scriptural, and will really answer a lot of questions for you.
Kait Palmer
Sep 10, 2012 Kait Palmer rated it really liked it
This might seem a bit off the wall, but Chuck Missler is well respected and I first heard his theory on this years ago. Now finally reading the book and his pretty fact-based presentation of the matter, it's actually pretty freaky. What's even more scary is how well supported his thesis is...even if you don't agree with his theory it doesn't hurt to be well-informed.
Kevin
Jul 15, 2011 Kevin rated it did not like it
i was willing to put up with the lack of scholarship and inaccuracies. i was even willing to follow the poor logic for a bit too. then, about two thirds of the way through, the book reveals itself to be christian conspiracy/numerology bullshit, a la harold camping. this was too much. couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Craig Prather
May 31, 2016 Craig Prather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book on perhaps, a taboo subject. I really appreciated how the author connected Scripture to explain the satanic side of these alien invaders. Highly recommend this to those interested in ufology and biblical explanations for these extraterrestrials
Stacey
Apr 14, 2013 Stacey rated it it was amazing
This is a great book which makes the case that UFO's are real, they are from another dimension and their pilots are not interplanetary, but spiritual beings intent on keeping the human race away from God. We are being set up for the ultimate deception.
Danny
Jun 12, 2010 Danny rated it really liked it
Very compelling evidence for the existence of non-human beings interfering with humanity for their own agenda, generally presenting themselves as benevolent and generally only abducting people involved with the new age or occult practices.
Mark
May 24, 2008 Mark rated it really liked it
This book examines the current UFO phenomenon from a Christian perspective. When one looks unbiasedly at the evidence for "UFOs" one must conclude that there must be SOMETHING to it... But what? Four stars for "Alien Encounters".
Sarah Risner Gilpin
Dec 21, 2013 Sarah Risner Gilpin rated it liked it
Haven't really learned, it's stuff I pretty much have already read about in other books, and they were made less boring. I am still going to get this book read since I paid for it.
Aaron
Aug 09, 2011 Aaron rated it really liked it
Great for Christians who are fascinated with UFOs. I read it back in my thumping days, so... I have no idea how I'd react to it now.
D-train
Feb 05, 2013 D-train rated it really liked it
Well written with lots of thought provoking tidbits.
Rebekah
Dec 16, 2010 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Makes you think. Read with an open mind.
C.K. Quarterman
Sep 09, 2012 C.K. Quarterman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I would recommend it.
Trever
Oct 05, 2009 Trever rated it it was amazing
If you think there are aliens read this, Dr. Missler gives great insight to the spirit realm.
Joan Manuel
Joan Manuel marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Robert Brittain
Robert Brittain rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Sven Katkosilt
Sven Katkosilt marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Joaquin Larriba
Joaquin Larriba marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jasmine Smith
Jasmine Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found And The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed
  • Exo-Vaticana: Petrus Romanus, Project Lucifer, and the Vatican's Astonishing Exo-Theological Plan for the Arrival of an Alien Savior
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse
  • The Day After Roswell
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • The Deeper Christian Life
  • Elijah's Coin: A Lesson for Life [With 2 Coins]
  • Arrival of the Gods: Revealing the Alien Landing Sites of Nazca
  • Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions
  • The Rewards of Fasting: Experiencing the Power and Affections of God
  • Codex Magica: Secret Signs, Mysterious Symbols, and Hidden Codes of the Illuminati
  • Sinister Forces-The Nine: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • The Third Millenium
  • Smith Wigglesworth on the Holy Spirit
  • Every Prophecy of the Bible
Charles "Chuck" Missler is an author, evangelical Christian, and Bible teacher, and former businessman and Air Force officer. He is the founder of the Koinonia House ministry based in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Chuck Missler, an honors graduate of the United States Naval Academy, earned his Master of Science in Engineering from UCLA.[1] In 1999, Missler received a Ph.D. in biblical studies from the una ...more
More about Chuck Missler...