Start by marking “I Was A Sixth Grade Alien (Sixth Grade Alien, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Was A Sixth Grade Alien (Sixth Grade Alien, #1)

I Was A Sixth Grade Alien (Sixth Grade Alien #1)

He came from the stars -- and sixth grade will never be the same!

The aliens have finally made contact! But when the first ambassador from another planet arrives, he insists that his son, Pleskit Meenom, be treated like any other citizen on Earth.

Which is why Pleskit has become the first purple kid in Ms. Weintraub's sixth grade class.

For Tim Tompkins, who has been w

Published August 1st 1999 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about I Was A Sixth Grade Alien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Was A Sixth Grade Alien

Tessa
May 21, 2012 Tessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I need to find words equivalent to "delightful" and "charming" that work to describe boy books.

I'm doing a project on books that would interest reluctant boy readers. I picked this book up at the library figuring it would interest 9-12 year old boys(come on, aliens!), but didn't expect to enjoy it much myself, but the book really surpassed my expectations, turning out to be quite fun. Fun and different and a decent little read. It contained fart jokes here and there (to the delight of the intend
Karen
Jan 17, 2017 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fun!
Kapila
Mar 23, 2010 Kapila rated it liked it
I'm glad I read this. It was funny, action-packed, and not heavy at all on plot or character development, plot structure or believability. I don't know if the Newbery committee would warrant to wipe their arses on this book, had they the chance. And yet, the characters, both purple Pleskit and his new earthling friend, Tim, felt real enough. Some characters had funny names - my favourite being Mikta Makta Mukta. Try saying that 10 times without busting out laughing! The fact that Pleskit came fr ...more
lucem
Apr 23, 2008 lucem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: boys 3rd-8th gr.
Shelves: science-fiction
CIP: When aliens come to Earth on an interplanetary trade mission, sixth-grader Tim makes friends with the ambassador’s son and together they uncover a plot to sabotage the mission.

A sure-fire hit for boys (and even girls) that love space alien stories! The main character and visiting alien are put in hilarious situations and manage to find their own way out of trouble by solving a mystery. This should also hook readers into the concept of series and have them wanting to read the rest in this se
Rocco
Jun 21, 2013 Rocco added it
This is by a long shot the very best science fiction novel I have ever read. Never mind how juvenile it is, I LOVE IT! The hole weird flavor of the story was so interesting and new to read when I first read the book in third grade. Soon after I kept on reading the hole series and I started reading some of Bruce Covilles other novels, like the "my teacher is an alien" series and it was out of this world! I would recommend this book to any young adult or child reader that is interested in really r ...more
Aza
Jun 22, 2015 Aza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-written commentary about the state of affairs in America, both politically and socially. Coville apparently carries a strong disdain for -isms and corruption, which he demonstrates by writing a seemingly simple children's story. This is some pretty intense stuff for 8-12 year olds, and I love it.
R Leitner
Dec 30, 2014 R Leitner rated it it was amazing
This book, and the ensuing series, is a great introduction to "lite" science fiction. The series reads a lot like a tv-show, which, in fact, it was. It's fast paced and humorous, and the experiences and characters are close enough to reality, (new cultures, humanistic personality types), that children can relate to them.
Kathy
Jan 22, 2016 Kathy rated it liked it
This book was okay. It was a good listen because it made me laugh at times, but it was nothing like what I was expecting. I was looking forward to it after reading "My teacher is an alien", but I was disappointed. I won't continue with this series.
Jennifer Kim
Nov 15, 2011 Jennifer Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: jennifer8th
When I know the story of this book, I can't imagine it. because this story is about the alien who is going to school. His name is Pleskit, the son of the first alien ambassador to earth. I like this book. It is interesing.
Jessica
Apr 25, 2012 Jessica rated it it was ok
This would be a great book for my boys. There are enough fart and belch references to last them all day long. I'm not interested in reading more in the series myself, but I would certainly recommend it to some of my boys.
Jonquil
Jonquil rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was ok
May 04, 2011
Gillian Dawson
Gillian Dawson rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2008
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Audrey Hacker
Audrey Hacker rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2010
Larry
Larry rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Hweeps
Hweeps rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2010
Tamora Pierce
Tamora Pierce rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2008
Jill Ridder
Jill Ridder rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Swiftstart
Swiftstart rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Ellyn
Ellyn rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Alfred Lee
Alfred Lee rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Lynette
Lynette rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2011
Jequil
Jequil rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Kaelyn Grant
Dec 23, 2012 Kaelyn Grant rated it really liked it
Imagine if Aliens came to earth and the first student on earth is in your class. - loved it!
Aaron Rauth
Aaron Rauth rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Whit Campbell
Whit Campbell rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Caro
Caro rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2012
  • Andrew Lost In the Kitchen (Andrew Lost, #3)
  • Allergic to Babies, Burglars, and Other Bumps in the Night (Alvin Ho, #5)
  • George Washington: The Crossing
  • Cheesie Mack Is Not a Genius or Anything
  • Z. Rex
  • Isaac Newton (Giants of Science, 2)
  • Jedi Sunrise (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #4-6)
  • There and Back Again
  • The Adventures of King Midas
  • Orvis
  • The Supernaturalist: The Graphic Novel
  • The Web of Titan (Galahad, #2)
  • Smart Dog
  • The Dog Who Thought He Was Santa

Sixth Grade Alien (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Attack of the Two-Inch Teacher (Sixth Grade Alien, #2)
  • I Lost My Grandfather's Brain (Sixth Grade Alien, #3)
  • Peanut Butter Lover Boy (Sixth Grade Alien, #4)
  • Zombies of the Science Fair (Sixth Grade Alien, #5)
  • Don't Fry My Veeblax! (Sixth Grade Alien, #6)
  • Too Many Aliens (Sixth Grade Alien, #7)
  • Snatched from Earth (Sixth Grade Alien, #8))
  • There's An Alien In My Backpack (Sixth Grade Alien, #9)
  • The Revolt Of The Miniature Mutants (Sixth Grade Alien, #10)
  • There's an Alien in My Underwear (Sixth Grade Alien, #11)