Start by marking “The Revelation (Animorphs, #45)” as Want to Read:
The Revelation (Animorphs, #45)

The Revelation (Animorphs #45)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,311 ratings  ·  21 reviews

Things were already really weird. Fighting aliens. Battling to save Earth. And still trying to be normal. Marco, the other Animorphs, and Ax are almost used to it. Almost. But things are changing. The Yeerk invastion of Earth started out passively. Secretly. But now, everything seems to be stepped up. Even Marco's father is talking about some top secret project at his job.

Published September 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Revelation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revelation

Amantha
This book marks the beginning of the end. Marco and his parents are officially dead to the world and in hiding, and things can only get worse from here.....
Lo
SOBBING.
Julie Decker
Shortly after finding out that his dad discovered Z-space at work, Marco finds himself caught in a nightmare. His father is kidnapped for infestation, and Marco is very close to not getting there in time to stop it. He has to fight off the Yeerks and get his dad to safety, and ends up having to let his dad in on the secret of the war he's been fighting. Soon his dad knows everything: that Earth is under attack, what the Yeerks and Andalites are about, what Marco's role is in all this, and the fa ...more
Caitlin
Wow. Just wow. My heart was in my throat the whole time. What a "conclusion" to the Marco storyline. I'm scared to go forward. I know it's only going to get better, but so much worse from here on out.
alternBRUNO°°
I couldn't keep my eyes out of this one. It is, by far, one of the best books from the whole saga. Marco's evolution both as a character and slowly becoming this balanced fighter it more than I can ask for. Furthermore, family's involvement is crucial in this part of the main arc, so close to the ending of the series starting to wrapping all the stories, I sense a main event. This is the most exciting part for me in most of the stories organised as sagas, when all the isolated and loose threads ...more
Swankivy
What're they supposed to do when humans start discovering weird stuff about space-time on their own, just when it's going to muck things up for those who are using it to Earth's benefit? Oh you Earth scientists. Ahem. Marco's dad. o_O Seriously, was this accident coincidence?

Notable moments and inconsistencies:

This book is ghostwritten by Ellen Geroux.

Marco finally expresses some semblance of sulkiness over being the only romantically single human Animorph in this book, against the backdrop of h
Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
Marco and the Animorphs suspect the Yeerks will go after Marco’s father when he suddenly announces his engineering firm has discovered Zero-space. With little time to think, Marco acts to save his only family left – but then the Animorphs learn Visser One is being tried at the Yeerk Pool as a traitor. Can Marco rebuild the most important thing the Yeerks took from him – his family?

This book is where you can leap back in to the main story arc quite firmly without missing a lot from the previous b
Alex
Well, here we go. I'm nearing the end of the series and everything is starting to happen quickly. I have no idea what is coming up next or how this will all end, but I'm both excited and nervous to find out.

(view spoiler)
Bonesy
Jul 29, 2011 Bonesy added it
This is pretty much where shit really starts to go down. Marco's dad discovers Z-space and therefore becomes a target for the Yeerks. Therefore, Marco has to rescue him and fill him in on all this Animorphs business. As you're reading it, you're basically thinking, "Wow, I can't believe this is actually happening". Oh yeah, you better believe it! It's too late to save Nora, but Marco ends up reuniting his parents. You're obviously rooting for Marco, who we've pitied throughout the entire series ...more
Tanvi
Katelynn
That last line. I have goosebumps. The entire series has been building to this moment. We're in the third act now.
Maryann
The turning point in the series when Marco is forced to choose, save his dad and expose the Animorph secret or let the Yeerks take him like they had his mother.
Marco's dad discovers zero-space; something that puts him on the Yeerk's dartboard and of course threatens the life of his family.
Ax is disgruntle that the humans had managed a huge leap in technology but he plays a part in re-assembling the device to send an SOS to the Andalites.
Visser One, the yeerk in Marco's mother is brought to tria
Almira
Holy. Why did I rate this 3 stars before? Why only 3 stars before? What's up younger me, what's up? You dumb? This is gold. As Jesse's friends would say, 'this the bomb yo'. XD

Friendly reminder that Marco dies in this book. Officially. With his whole "family".

Okay officially, as in, on paper. :]

Gods.

So both Marco's mom and dad knows about the Animorphs and their little hero, aww. Can he get an aww, because Marco totally deserves it. :] Visser One got killed, and Eva is back to being a regular hu
Renisse
yay for Marco
Jackie Krasuski
I do not know how I ever would have survived junior high without this fantastic science fiction series. Maybe the story quality went down as the book numbers got higher, but the idea that aliens were invading our planet secretly... it was almost good enough for a young teenager to believe.
Ashley
This is it guys, the beginning of the end. This is the first time an Animorph's parents find out the truth, where the secret war starts to become known.

Good book, sad. All the losses really start to hit home from here on out, as if they hadn't before.
Tulsi
Probably the start of a turning point, where some characters loose a lot, and some start to gain a lot. Not my favourite book, but still a good read.
Christiana Sherrill
And now Marco's dad is a target. Nooooo! Poor Marco.
Austin
This one is a real turning point in the series.
Lindsey
Jul 01, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Jun 24, 2015
  • Crane (Five Ancestors, #4)
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 6 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5
  • Dragon Castle
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Fruits Basket: The Complete Collection
  • Death Note Box Set
  • How I Learned To Fly (Goosebumps, #52)
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Animorphs (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The Invasion (Animorphs, #1)
  • The Visitor (Animorphs, #2)
  • The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)
  • The Message (Animorphs, #4)
  • The Predator (Animorphs, #5)
  • The Capture (Animorphs, #6)
  • The Stranger (Animorphs, #7)
  • The Alien (Animorphs, #8)
  • The Secret (Animorphs, #9)
  • The Android (Animorphs, #10)
The One and Only Ivan The Invasion (Animorphs, #1) Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3) The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)