Start by marking “Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank” as Want to Read:
Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank

Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the most popular decorator on TLC’s hit show “While You Were Out” comes a guide to the coolest kind of decorating on the skimpiest of budgets. Just a few dollars and a bit of creativity go a long way toward adding spice to your living space without breaking the bank. Stores like Dollar Tree and 99¢ Dream are popping up in every city in America with a treasure trove of ...more
Published August 9th 2005 by Universe

To ask other readers questions about Dollar Store Decor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dollar Store Decor

A lot of people commented on how tacky some of the projects in this book are, and I suspect some of these reviewers aren't very creative to begin with. For one, this book is for teens, not adult women, and second--most of the projects can be slightly altered to become more sophisticated looking with a little imagination. I was impressed, and I read a lot of craft books:)
A few of the crafts in this book seem repetitive (using the same materials in different ways), but lots of great inspiration in making your own crafts from dollar store supplies. The style of the crafts are pretty obvious that they were crafted items and a little kitschy rather than sophisticated home decor, but if that's your thing, you'd like this book.
Sep 29, 2007 Katie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Crafties, college students, anyone on a tight budget who wants to spruce up their space
Shelves: home-decor
The author lists 101 crafts/projects that can be done with materials from the dollar store. Lovely! To be honest, some of the crafts are terribly tacky and I wouldn't spend one penny on them, let alone a dollar. But, I did get a lot of great ideas from homemade Christmas gifts for my girlfriends and some home improvement projects done dirt cheap!:)
Not just tacky items, but the sample photos are kind of pitiful looking. Some things made no sense. Why make a rug out of scrub sponges when a dollar store rug would be cheaper AND nicer? Very odd.
Ok... so, while this was sent to me as a joke... there are maybe 2 crafts I would consider doing in this book. Otherwise... um.... most of these are ridiculous! A fun browse thought!
Jul 31, 2010 Gus rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafts
For those people that like fake flowers and want to spend money on color copies of gift bag patterns. Not for me.
Tara Read
this is the one that started my collections of his books
Creative ideas for home decor using inexpensive items.
Carla G
Carla G marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Thekookykrafter marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Chanele Roodt
Chanele Roodt marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Daria Osborn
Daria Osborn marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jessica Bennett
Jessica Bennett marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Aynge marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
George marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Big-Ass Book of Crafts The Big-Ass Book of Home Décor: More than 100 Inventive Projects for Cool Homes Like Yours The Big-Ass Book of Crafts 2 The Big-Ass Book of Bling Super Suite: The Ultimate Bedroom Makeover Guide for Girls