Start by marking “Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank” as Want to Read:
Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank

Dollar Store Decor: 100 Projects for Lush Living That Won't Break the Bank

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
From the most popular decorator on TLC’s hit show “While You Were Out” comes a guide to the coolest kind of decorating on the skimpiest of budgets. Just a few dollars and a bit of creativity go a long way toward adding spice to your living space without breaking the bank. Stores like Dollar Tree and 99¢ Dream are popping up in every city in America with a treasure trove of ...more
Published August 9th 2005 by Universe

To ask other readers questions about Dollar Store Decor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dollar Store Decor

Jillian
Jul 26, 2010 Jillian rated it really liked it
A lot of people commented on how tacky some of the projects in this book are, and I suspect some of these reviewers aren't very creative to begin with. For one, this book is for teens, not adult women, and second--most of the projects can be slightly altered to become more sophisticated looking with a little imagination. I was impressed, and I read a lot of craft books:)
Cara
Jan 04, 2010 Cara rated it really liked it
A few of the crafts in this book seem repetitive (using the same materials in different ways), but lots of great inspiration in making your own crafts from dollar store supplies. The style of the crafts are pretty obvious that they were crafted items and a little kitschy rather than sophisticated home decor, but if that's your thing, you'd like this book.
Katie
Sep 29, 2007 Katie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Crafties, college students, anyone on a tight budget who wants to spruce up their space
Shelves: home-decor
The author lists 101 crafts/projects that can be done with materials from the dollar store. Lovely! To be honest, some of the crafts are terribly tacky and I wouldn't spend one penny on them, let alone a dollar. But, I did get a lot of great ideas from homemade Christmas gifts for my girlfriends and some home improvement projects done dirt cheap!:)
Lisa
Feb 28, 2012 Lisa rated it did not like it
Not just tacky items, but the sample photos are kind of pitiful looking. Some things made no sense. Why make a rug out of scrub sponges when a dollar store rug would be cheaper AND nicer? Very odd.
Kathy
Jan 12, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it
Ok... so, while this was sent to me as a joke... there are maybe 2 crafts I would consider doing in this book. Otherwise... um.... most of these are ridiculous! A fun browse thought!
Gus
Jul 31, 2010 Gus rated it did not like it
Shelves: crafts
For those people that like fake flowers and want to spend money on color copies of gift bag patterns. Not for me.
Tara Read
Oct 03, 2012 Tara Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
this is the one that started my collections of his books
Dolldiva
May 22, 2011 Dolldiva rated it liked it
Creative ideas for home decor using inexpensive items.
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 16, 2016
Jodi Pirkovic
Jodi Pirkovic marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Shannon Gorst
Shannon Gorst rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Carla G
Carla G marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Thekookykrafter
Thekookykrafter marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Chanele Roodt
Chanele Roodt marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Daria Osborn
Daria Osborn marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Patrick Hannay
Patrick Hannay rated it it was ok
May 12, 2015
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
RaeK
RaeK rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
marie
marie rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Susan Reynolds
Susan Reynolds rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Jessica Bennett
Jessica Bennett marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Daisha
Daisha rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Lorrie Miler
Lorrie Miler rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Jaeluvslondon Velasquez
Jaeluvslondon Velasquez rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Aynge
Aynge marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
George
George marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014