Start by marking “Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 2

Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 2 (Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro #2)

With Nijuku and Sanju in tow, the road winds on for Kuro and Sen. During a lull en route, Kuro takes a turn down memory lane, revisiting an unfortunate incident during her early days as a traveler that resulted in her imprisonment! One by one, the secrets surrounding Kuro and her journey with Sen are disclosed...and the fate that Kuro will suffer should her quest fail is ...more
Published October 28th 2008 by Yen Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 2

Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena added it
Shelves: manga
This manga has surprised me a few times as I've been reading it. When I first picked it up, I expected it to be a bit more macabre and dramatic, but it turned out to be cute and light-hearted. Then I thought it was just a straight-forward sort of comic, but as I read it turned out to have shades of really deep metaphors. Now, as I continue to read it, the metaphors keep getting more pronounced and the story is not nearly as light-hearted as I thought; or rather, it remains light-hearted, but the ...more
Devan the Otaku
Jun 19, 2012 Devan the Otaku rated it it was amazing
Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro is such a cute manga. The artwork is beautiful, and the characters are so cute! I absolutely recommend it. The storyline was even more interesting, since the reader starts to learn more and more about Kuro and Sen's determination to travel and find a certain witch. You also start to learn more about Kuro's condition and why she's in such a hurry to find the witch. I could not put this book down and when I finished it, I read it again! Very cute book and they NEED to have ...more
Selena
Apr 03, 2014 Selena rated it really liked it
It just gets darker and darker and sucks you in more and more.

Must... read... next book.
Terrence
Nov 24, 2016 Terrence rated it really liked it
This particular volume of Kuro was a bit stronger, if only for the chapters on Kuro's past. We still don't get to see the incident that turned Sen into a bat, but we do get introduced to how a witch can turn someone black, and ultimately what that "disease" means through the lens of another young girl in the book's penultimate chapter. It's some pretty harrowing stuff in that one.

The rest of the book altered between the human element of the stories and the fantastical elements of the characters.
Mike
Dec 26, 2014 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Volume 1 was mostly stand alone adventures and character introductions, so it wouldn't be too hard to pick up the gist if you wanted to start here. It is much better to go back to the beginning though.

Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro follows the travels of the unusual traveller Kuro. She wanders with a coffin strapped to her back, is accompanied by two odd children and a talking bat, and is often mistaken for a boy and/or vampire.

The 4-koma style being used for a generally serious, dark, and somewhat non-
Kelly
This series is refreshing in the sense that it wants to be light and full of little life lessons, yet keeps a strong hold onto that darkness factor. We learn more about Kuro and Sen's background in this volume - some of which is still quite vague or only hinted. The layers of word puns (if you are familiar with some basic Japanese) are wonderful. The black stain is spreading, and considering how quickly the girl, Mo, vanishes during her part of the story, Kuro has a few tricks before the coffin ...more
Philippe Lhoste
Jan 29, 2012 Philippe Lhoste rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, fantastique
Kuro est une (très) jeune fille, parcourant le monde avec un cercueil sur le dos, accompagné d'une chauve-souris parlante aux mille corps, et plus tard, de deux très jeunes jumelles aux pouvoirs étranges.
Elle croise des personnages typés, qui recroiseront sa route.

L'histoire est lente, parcourue de flash-backs, plutôt sombre mais avec des mini-fins plutôt positives. Le dessin est super-mignon, contrastant avec l'ambiance un peu gothique.

Il n'y a que deux tomes en français (à l'heure actuelle), j
James Jr.
Jul 03, 2014 James Jr. rated it really liked it
I found this volume to be more interesting than the first. The stories still have a little trouble connecting and making a lot of sense, but I feel like more is explained as you read so it keeps you reading. The art is fun and interesting, not the traditional manga style you expect. I recommend this for younger readers, though some of the content matter is a little dark. It was a fun read.
Chris
Oct 27, 2016 Chris rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jeanette
In this engaging entry, the reader finds out more about Kuro and Sen. There are several quests occuring and while the story looks cute, there is something far deeper going on. This is a beautiful tale.
Sesana
Jan 15, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
This volume spends a fair bit of time delving into Kuro's backstory, but still leaves a lot of mystery. Still enjoying the cute art and the style that sets adorable characters in a fairly dark world.
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2014
Sarah rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2016
Bryn A.
Bryn A. rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Rebecca Mcneil
Rebecca Mcneil rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2013
Samtidar Samtidar
Samtidar Samtidar rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Zach Sparks
Zach Sparks rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Miliana
Miliana rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Mind Trickery
Mind Trickery rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Conor Carr
Conor Carr rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
Kristina Wolfe
Kristina Wolfe rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Ellis
Ellis rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Lil' Violet
Lil' Violet rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Diamond-Joye Arnold
Mar 06, 2015 Diamond-Joye Arnold rated it really liked it
Shelves: mango
i LOVE kuro
Stef
Stef rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Connor
Connor rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
J
J rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Christi
Christi rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2009
Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥)
Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2011
Matilda
Matilda rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Sunshine Sketch, Volume 1
  • K-ON!, Vol. 3
  • Kieli, Vol. 2
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 3 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 3] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #3)
  • Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: The Power of Negative Thinking Volume 2 (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei #2)
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 3
  • Is This a Zombie?, Vol. 1
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 08 (Arata: The Legend, #8)
  • The Secret Notes of Lady Kanoko, Volume 1
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 6 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #6)

Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro (5 books)
  • Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Volume 1