Start by marking “Author's Pet” as Want to Read:
Author's Pet

Author's Pet

3.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
High school student Yuta bumps into a man outside the train station, injuring him. The man's name is Tsubaki Nishijima, occupation novelist. In exchange for crippling his arm, Tsubaki demands Yuta work like a slave every day! Today's job is to take exact dictation of Tsubaki's words. Whaaat?! What's with this perverted depiction of... Isn't this sexual harassment?!
Published August 26th 2008 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Author's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Author's Pet

Charles
Not For the Faint of Heart - Author's Pet Review

I actually got this manga for my wife because of the author theme, but it's me who got to read it first. I tell myself this is okay because she's done likewise with some of the naughty books she has gotten me, so we shall just proceed with the help of some cheap shiraz. This volume is a series of short pieces, really, with the Author's Pet storyline taking up two chapters and the bonus at the end, so it's the "main" story in the volume, but really
Jennifer Lavoie
Feb 01, 2012 Jennifer Lavoie rated it it was amazing
Even though this ended up being an anthology with a few chapters of the main story, and then others to fill the space, I enjoyed it because they all had some play on the theme of "pet." I especially liked the one with the vet student who takes in stray cats and ends up taking in a "stray" person as well. That one was cute. The art is also lovely for everything.

Another one I liked was about the convenience store clerk and his cake man. I loved the dog he fed and when the store closed, I was worr
Sharakael
May 25, 2016 Sharakael rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, yaoi
A collection of 4-6 short stories. It was pretty OK - stories tended to be on the sweet and cute side and more of the fluffy-feel romance. How to say this... if you've read a lot of yaoi manga, then this one doesn't offer anything new, be it plot or characters.
Read this because it's available from the library and it's OK to pass away time, but I'm unlikely to re-read this.
Graeme
Mar 25, 2014 Graeme rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi
Not as yaoi as I was expecting but ok
meow_meow
Jan 19, 2013 meow_meow rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-stuffs
of course, as a lover of cats, this one's nice. so sweet and cute. too bad you can't just adopt someone that you found on the street in this day and age. that would be too dangerous.

of course, i also like the atuhor-slave story, being a trying hard writer that i am.

it's a collection of nice stories, but they're so short they'll leave you wnating more (or at least, more developments in the story).
L.
Mar 21, 2009 L. rated it liked it
I must confess, I did expect a bit more from this title. Though, looking back, I can't fathom why. Perhaps it was the art that intrigued me, which is something like a less refined version of Amayo Tsuge's (Cute Beast) simplistic, yet visually appealing style.

All in all, if you want some cute one-shots that don't stretch your brain matter too far, this is it.
Sophie
Sep 02, 2011 Sophie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, manga-bl, ifs
I didn't expect too much from this, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story about the author and the student/slave felt a bit too rushed, but I loved the one with the vetenarian. (Which once again proves I am powerless when it comes to cats!) The other stories were enjoyable as well. Nothing deep, but sweet and fun, and I liked the art.
Jacki  ********
Mar 10, 2011 Jacki ******** rated it really liked it
Shelves:
So far i really like it! It's super cute!
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Nanonamo
Nanonamo marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Dalyla
Dalyla marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Christy Stewart
Christy Stewart marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Dani
Dani rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Moniki
Moniki added it
Apr 12, 2016
Michelle Tan
Michelle Tan rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Kimi
Kimi is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Aberdeen Smith
Aberdeen Smith is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2016
Conii
Conii marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Naomi
Naomi added it
Dec 06, 2015
Tisha
Tisha rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
St-Loup
St-Loup rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Zoe Mortera
Zoe Mortera marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Gentleman's Kiss 1
  • Delivery Cupid
  • My Paranoid Next Door Neighbor
  • Blue Sheep Reverie, Volume 01
  • Shinobu Kokoro: Hidden Heart (v. 1)
  • Black Knight, Volume 01
  • Alone In My King's Harem
  • The Devil's Secret
  • Kiss All the Boys, Volume 1
  • Love Mode, Vol. 2
  • Fallen Moon
  • Fumi Yoshinaga's: Lovers in the Night (Yaoi)
  • Color
  • お金がないっ 1 [Okane ga Nai 1] (Okane ga Nai #1)
  • Our Kingdom, Volume 01