Start by marking “Author's Pet” as Want to Read:
Author's Pet

Author's Pet

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  7 reviews
High school student Yuta bumps into a man outside the train station, injuring him. The man's name is Tsubaki Nishijima, occupation novelist. In exchange for crippling his arm, Tsubaki demands Yuta work like a slave every day! Today's job is to take exact dictation of Tsubaki's words. Whaaat?! What's with this perverted depiction of... Isn't this sexual harassment?!
Published August 26th 2008 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Author's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Author's Pet

Charles
Not For the Faint of Heart - Author's Pet Review

I actually got this manga for my wife because of the author theme, but it's me who got to read it first. I tell myself this is okay because she's done likewise with some of the naughty books she has gotten me, so we shall just proceed with the help of some cheap shiraz. This volume is a series of short pieces, really, with the Author's Pet storyline taking up two chapters and the bonus at the end, so it's the "main" story in the volume, but really
Jennifer Lavoie
Even though this ended up being an anthology with a few chapters of the main story, and then others to fill the space, I enjoyed it because they all had some play on the theme of "pet." I especially liked the one with the vet student who takes in stray cats and ends up taking in a "stray" person as well. That one was cute. The art is also lovely for everything.

Another one I liked was about the convenience store clerk and his cake man. I loved the dog he fed and when the store closed, I was worr
Graeme
Mar 25, 2014 Graeme rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: yaoi
Not as yaoi as I was expecting but ok
meow_meow
of course, as a lover of cats, this one's nice. so sweet and cute. too bad you can't just adopt someone that you found on the street in this day and age. that would be too dangerous.

of course, i also like the atuhor-slave story, being a trying hard writer that i am.

it's a collection of nice stories, but they're so short they'll leave you wnating more (or at least, more developments in the story).
L.
I must confess, I did expect a bit more from this title. Though, looking back, I can't fathom why. Perhaps it was the art that intrigued me, which is something like a less refined version of Amayo Tsuge's (Cute Beast) simplistic, yet visually appealing style.

All in all, if you want some cute one-shots that don't stretch your brain matter too far, this is it.
Sophie
I didn't expect too much from this, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story about the author and the student/slave felt a bit too rushed, but I loved the one with the vetenarian. (Which once again proves I am powerless when it comes to cats!) The other stories were enjoyable as well. Nothing deep, but sweet and fun, and I liked the art.
Jacki  ********
So far i really like it! It's super cute!
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sigrid
Sigrid marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kurea
Kurea marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
ケイ
ケイ marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Kirra
Kirra added it
Jul 27, 2014
Alheab
Alheab marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014