Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail #4)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  2,580 ratings  ·  35 reviews
S IS FOR SCREWUP

S-Class quests are so dangerous that one false move means certain death! Now loose cannon Natsu, rookie Lucy, and nearly powerless Happy have embarked on a stolen S-Class quest, setting out for the Demon Island. Can anyone stop them before they get themselves killed?
Published September 16th 2008 by Del Rey (first published May 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail, Vol. 04

Dante' Slaton
When secretly taking an S-class mission (under the rules for anyone blow S-class to not take one) Natsu and the gang travel to the located island called Demon Island, a place where villagers have been cursed where parts of their bodies have been consumed by the curse, and on full moon nights they become demons who wish for the curse to stop. But looking for a way to stop the curse, they soon found something that's connected Gray's past. Something that should've been locked up and remained hidden ...more
Yasaswi Gudipudi
Well the fire has begun now!

The first chapter is about arresting Ezra for the destruction created by fairy tail in process of saving from lullaby curse. Natsu tries to rescue her but it ends up as both of them getting a punishment instead of it being a simple trail(Well, by now I m used by the way Natsu complicates even simple things.)

This volume starts with the intolerable stupidity of Natsu to go for a second floor job. It revolves around the childish natsu's excitement to "explore" a cursed i
Strangerealms
My review is for the whole manga so far (38 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living and help the population. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor and action. The battles between the wizards are fun t ...more
Wickedshizuku
Oct 04, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
Shelves: manga, 2011, reviewed
Volume 4 covers the Galuna Island Arc starting with Chapter 23: Crime and Punishment.
Erza has been arrested by the Magic Council. Come to find out Natsu isn't really in the jar he was captured in. He busts up Erza's council hearing making a complete fool of himself. Erza informs him that the arrest was a ruse of formality. Though she appreciated the thought and concern he showed on her behalf.
Continuing on to Chapter 24: Second Floor.
With greatly drawn scenes, we meet S-class mages Mystogan an
Lissibith
We get into the first big arc here, as Natsu, Happy and Lucy take on a S-class quest, dragging Gray along when he's sent to bring them back. Unfortunately for him, the quest they've undertaken ties in deeply with events from his past he'd rather forget.

(view spoiler)
Eva Lectura eterna
La historia va cogiendo más peso al igual que los personajes, aunque no es perfecta, va mejorando a media que avanza.

Tengo ganas de continuar, porque ya que el anime me gustó, quiero ver ya el segundo arco argumental, que hace que la historia sea completamente perfecta.
Anita
Ez a kötet annyira nem fogott meg... meg a borítója sem.
Tetszenek ezek a kis bemutatkozó névjegy-/profilkártyák.
#Pucér srácnak ölég unalmas a múltja, no... :))#
Grayt ráadásul egész eddig Garynek olvastam. Nem lett kedvenc szereplő! :D
Federiken Masters
Feb 19, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo.
Otro tomo que roza las cuatro estrellitas porque es divertido y original en muchos aspectos. Un cachito de piratas, un pedazo de monstruos de Toriyama, unos chistes tontos pero simpáticos, algún fantasma perdido, todo suma. Pero este tomo falla en algo que espero no se convierta en costumbre: se vuelve muy shonen en el sentido más acartonado del género. En este caso, peca de tomarse demasiaaadas páginas para la intro y que la mini-saga de la Isla no concluya. Si termina alargada pero dando mucha ...more
Anton
Love this mission that the characters go on. This particular one definately centers around the mysterious Gray, which is super interesting!
ChattyNatty
This book was hilarious and I really enjoyed it.
My favourite character was Happy and I really like the part when Natsu was frozen.
Anna
I actually enjoyed this one. I feel like this series is starting to head somewhere, and I just flat out enjoyed with one more than the others.
S.
For me, this is where Fairy Tail started to grow into its own entity and stand on its own two feet, separate from its initial impression of yet another manga that tried to be like the greats (and let's not forget, tried too hard to not take itself seriously).

We get some background on Gray (which ultimately endeared him to me) and our first major arc. It's in the details I find I take most of y enjoyment, though; so, seeing as how I remember all this stuff, I'm still gonna re-read it. And fall i

Ameli
como siempre El mejor
Ashley
Jeff Powers
This series started out well, with typical shounen characters in a fantasy setting. But soon enough it became apparent that there was little world building and the story lines felt no more intriguing than the side quests of an rpg. Perhaps the series gets better again or the anime cuts out much of the fluff, but I found mid way through this volume, I just lost interest in anything that was going on.
Philippe Lhoste
Les quatre premiers tomes de Fairy Tail sont une bonne surprise.
Bon, c'est du shônen pur jus, avec jeune héros, magie, combats héroïques, filles sexy, etc.
Mais il y a de l'humour, le dessin est super dynamique et de qualité, quelques bonnes idées originales (mélange de monde magique/fantastique et d'inventions modernes façon steam-punk).
Une bonne série.
Dies Irae
Il perfetto equilibrio fra siparietti irresistibili e azione incalzante. Divertente la prima parte nella locanda, avvincente la seconda sull'isola, battute a raffica e combattimenti da urlo. Si inizia a scavare nel passato di Gray!
Sean
May 08, 2011 Sean rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
The series continues to be enjoyable, with the shonen tradition of bigger threats as the series continues. The focus this time is on Gray, Lucy and Natstu and a cursed island. Fun stuff.
Titis Wardhana
Akhirnya Natsu dan Lucy nekat mengambil S-class quest yang ternyata susah banget, mana ketemu hantu pula... lucu tampang Gray sama Lucy pas liat si hantu itu ngilang...
Rose
Another book in the extreamly fascinating series.

In this book Natsu and Happy steals a S-Quest, and suddenly Lucy and Gray is involved too.
K.C. Rivers
A re-read, actually. I couldn't remember what had happened in previous volumes, but it's just as entertaining as I remember it!
Annie
Awesome, I love the extras and its easy to point out lines from the manga that were used in the anime too
Dayana Gonzalez
I love Natsu and Gray's love-hate relationshing XD
I liked learning about Gray's past.
Nils Zimmermann
Awsome read this three times because its so good I hope Hiro Mashima keeps this up
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 18 Juni 2009.
Amy
Overall a pretty good volume. This is mainly a set up for Gray's back story...
Carolina
Los espiritus estelares de Lucy no son normales x'DDDDDD
Amanda Kramers
Assuming that the manga Z is corect im done the 4th one
Skcrex
AWESOME I ENJOY IT A LOT AND I LOVE IT FAIRY TAIL
  • One Piece, Bd.24, Träume (One Piece, #24)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 39 (Bleach, #39)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Fairy Tail +
  • Fairy Tail A
  • Fairy Tail, Fantasia
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1) Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2) Fairy Tail + Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10) Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)