Start by marking “Yggdrasil, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Yggdrasil, Volume 1

Yggdrasil, Volume 1

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
It's the near-future, and online gaming is all the rage Teenage gamer Ko has more of an edge than others, since his father works for the company that produces the biggest online game out there... at least, he had an edge, until someone hacks his account and starts playing his character Ko is determined to find out who's been logging into his game, but he and his friends ma ...more
Published June 15th 2008 by Go Comi

To ask other readers questions about Yggdrasil, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yggdrasil, Volume 1

Nicole
Mar 19, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
I was rather bored by this in the beginning. The black and white and not so easy transitions between gaming world and reality could be improved art-wise. Haruna and Ko-chan are really cute, especially at the end. However the characters, especially the secondary could be developed further as they kind of blend together. The Phantom hack part was enough to keep me intrigued and read more volumes, however, i am unsure if I'll ever do that.
Jenna
Dec 08, 2012 Jenna rated it it was ok
Read up to volume 2. I usually like MMORPG manga, but the drawing style in this series kept pulling me out of the story. The use of dark and dramatic shading, rather than increasing the feeling of tension, made it difficult to see what was happening. This happened a lot during the fight scenes. Similarly, some of the dramatic poses for the characters (looking down with an obscured face) seemed out of place, especially in places that felt humorous. I much prefer .hack or 1/2 Prince.
However, I did
Karla
Nov 05, 2008 Karla rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's an intriguing premise...a popular on-line gaming world juxtaposed with the players' real-life experiences/relationships/angst ~ and a hacker who is starting to wreak havoc with the game. I found it difficult to follow characters in volume 2 and some of the action sequences. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the art... hmmm...I'm still interested...I just would like the storyline to be a bit more clear.
AudryT
May 10, 2010 AudryT added it
Shelves: go-comi-manga
We really wanted to license a video-game-themed series, and the artwork in this one really appealed to us. With intriguing characters and a solid premise, it was good addition to the genre, but not particularly mind-blowing.
Muzie Mahmood
an interesting start, an interesting premise. the best part is that the mangaka has very little knowledge about mmorpgs. should be interesting to see how all this pans out. definitely getting the next volume.
Mimi
Apr 14, 2009 Mimi rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2009
check out my review at Toshokan Comix
Barjaq
Barjaq added it
May 25, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Krudit
Krudit marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Graci Zethraeus
Graci Zethraeus rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Misty
Misty added it
Mar 06, 2016
Fatty Magee
Fatty Magee marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Nicole Westen
Nicole Westen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Serenity Fairbrother
Serenity Fairbrother marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Samantha Ingram
Samantha Ingram marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Amy ~Lover of Books~
Amy ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Becca
Becca added it
Sep 16, 2013
Aphrodite0385
Aphrodite0385 rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Sean Humphrey
Sean Humphrey marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013