Start by marking “Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer, #8)” as Want to Read:
Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer, #8)

Pressed to Kill (Mandy Dyer #8)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"Dolores Johnson writes with wit and panache. I love her sense of humor."
---Diane Mott Davidson, author of Double Shot

In thislatest installment of Dolores Johnson's beloved dry-cleaning sleuth series, Mandy Dyernotices the new and improved appearance of her customer Ardith Brewster. The young woman has meta new but mysterious boyfriend at Dyer Cleaners' open house party. W
Published January 9th 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Pressed to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pressed to Kill

Sarah Adamson
A fun cozy mystery starring Mandy, owner of the local dry-cleaners. I have read other books in the series and enjoyed them but been frustrated by the lack of importance of the dry cleaners - it could have been a mystery where the star worked at the grocery to somewhere else. This book showed it's all about the dry cleaners - just enough information and fun facts to be interesting without being overwhelming to those of us who don't even iron our own clothes! Thanks and will look out for more.
Lora
This book falls solidly into your basic "cozy mystery" category. I mostly picked it up because it's set in Denver and it sounded funny.

It's vaguely amusing, though very contrived. I learned way too much about dry cleaning--the heroine owns a dry cleaners. It was interesting to see how she worked in local flavor, talking about the Denver Western Stock Show and the massive growth south toward Castle Rock and Colorado Springs.

Silly, fun story, kind of chick lit with dead bodies, if you want to cla
Kemi looves 2 read
This is my 1st Mandy Dyer mystery book. It was boring and annoying. It almost made it to my "unfinished books" list. There is something to be said about withholding useful info from the police, hampering an investigation wile trying to play super sleuth!! I don't recall Miss Marple (Agatha Christie mysteries) or Jessica Fletcher (Murder she wrote) been this annoying. No, I don't think I will be reading another book in this series.
Vicky
Another cozy series. I enjoyed this series … the characters are fun, and funny…. the plot has a lot of twists… I really read this series and devoured it a few years ago… have to get back to see if there are new books…. I definitely recommend Mandy for fun - and excitement.. and hopefully many new books.
Bethany
She's a dry cleaner who solves mysteries! Who lives in Colorado! Who dates the former bad boy from her high school! (Although Dolores needs to up the romance. Seriously. They were together like 3 times in the whole book.) It's everything I love. But, even so, it was a little much for me. Prose a little tortured. (But I will read another Mandy Dyer!)
Dru
An easy read mystery. Really kept you reading in last few chapters. I will probably read more of this author.
Cws
Oct 15, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: mystery
M Joh
Ann
Ann added it
Jan 22, 2015
Marie Wa
Marie Wa marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Kathie Albinski
Kathie Albinski marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Feb 01, 2014
Linda G
Linda G marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Mahmoud Ahmed
Mahmoud Ahmed marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dolores Johnson is a journalist who has worked on newspapers in Oregon, California, Wyoming and Colorado, but she always wanted to write and sell a murder mystery. She tried writing books about an investigative reporter and a newspaper editor, but it wasn't until she wrote a book about a dry cleaner, using her background as a free-lance writer and field reporter for American Drycleaner, that she m ...more
More about Dolores Johnson...

Mandy Dyer (8 books)
  • Taken to the Cleaners (Mandy Dyer, #1)
  • Hung Up to Die (Mandy Dyer, #2)
  • A Dress to Die For (Mandy Dyer, #3)
  • Wash, Fold, and Die (Mandy Dyer, #4)
  • Homicide and Old Lace (Mandy Dyer, #5)
  • Buttons and Foes (Mandy Dyer, #6)
  • Taking the Wrap (Mandy Dyer, #7)
A Dress to Die For (Mandy Dyer, #3) Taken to the Cleaners (Mandy Dyer, #1) Buttons and Foes (Mandy Dyer, #6) Taking the Wrap (Mandy Dyer, #7) Hung Up to Die (Mandy Dyer, #2)