Growing Up with Roy and Dale

Growing Up with Roy and Dale

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published July 1st 1986 by Gospel Light Publications

Lisa
My son is a real "Roy Rogers" fan and we loved reading this book together. There were a few spots I skipped when Dusty was being rebellious but most of it was great reading! Roy Rogers godly character really was a wonderful example to children but an amazing husband and father.
Mike (the Paladin)
I'm a child of the fifties and I grew up with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans on my TV every Saturday morning and their movies every chance I got. Usually there were a couple of old westerns on Sunday afternoon, all the greats Hoppy, Gene, Rex (Allen or Bell), Tex (Ritter), Johnny (Mack Brown) but of all the heroes Roy Rogers was my favorite.

I have read many bios of Roy and I suppose one would have to be pretty bad for me not to ride back in time and take some refuge for a time in thise memories and a...more
Taylor
I love Roy and Dale and naturally enjoyed reading a book by their son.
I have read many books by and about them and I really liked reading one from Dusty's point of view.
I loved Dusty's honesty. He wasn't afraid to share that they weren't perfect and made mistakes.

Definitely, a must-read for fans of Roy and Dale.
Kpent
Great book! If you have appreciated the legacy of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, you'll appreciate this very human depiction of life in their home and the grace of God that created such a godly heritage. As a pastor's kid, I too appreciate the perspective of living in a fish bowl and sharing your parents.
Ashley Bowen
Ashley Bowen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2011
Roy Rogers: The Collected Daily and Sunday Newspaper Strips Growing Up With Roy & Dale A Happy Trails Christmas