Start by marking “Growing Up with Roy and Dale” as Want to Read:
Growing Up with Roy and Dale

Growing Up with Roy and Dale

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
He was King of the Cowboys, she was Queen of the West. To us, they were just Mom and Dad and living with them was almost as rowdy as a Saturday matinee.
Published July 1st 1986 by Gospel Light Publications (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Growing Up with Roy and Dale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growing Up with Roy and Dale

Lisa
My son is a real "Roy Rogers" fan and we loved reading this book together. There were a few spots I skipped when Dusty was being rebellious but most of it was great reading! Roy Rogers godly character really was a wonderful example to children but an amazing husband and father.
Mike (the Paladin)
I'm a child of the fifties and I grew up with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans on my TV every Saturday morning and their movies every chance I got. Usually there were a couple of old westerns on Sunday afternoon, all the greats Hoppy, Gene, Rex (Allen or Bell), Tex (Ritter), Johnny (Mack Brown) but of all the heroes Roy Rogers was my favorite.

I have read many bios of Roy and I suppose one would have to be pretty bad for me not to ride back in time and take some refuge for a time in thise memories and a
Taylor
I love Roy and Dale and naturally enjoyed reading a book by their son.
I have read many books by and about them and I really liked reading one from Dusty's point of view.
I loved Dusty's honesty. He wasn't afraid to share that they weren't perfect and made mistakes.

Definitely, a must-read for fans of Roy and Dale.
Kpent
Great book! If you have appreciated the legacy of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, you'll appreciate this very human depiction of life in their home and the grace of God that created such a godly heritage. As a pastor's kid, I too appreciate the perspective of living in a fish bowl and sharing your parents.
Judy Tate
A behind the scenes look at what life was like with The King of the Cowboys and the Queen of the West. It wasn't always easy, but there was a lot of love in their home.
F
F marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Cabrennan
Cabrennan marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2011
Roy Rogers: The Collected Daily and Sunday Newspaper Strips A Happy Trails Christmas