Start by marking “Black Snake: The daring of Ned Kelly” as Want to Read:
Black Snake: The daring of Ned Kelly

Black Snake: The daring of Ned Kelly

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"Everyone looks on me like a black snake"
--Letter to Sergeant Babington, July 1870

Ned Kelly was a thief, a bank robber and a murderer. He was in trouble with the law from the age of 12. He stole hundreds of horses and cattle. He robbed two banks. He killed three men.

Yet, when Ned was sentenced to death, thousands of people rallied to save his life. He stood up to the auth...more
Published 2002 by Black Dog Books

To ask other readers questions about Black Snake, please sign up.

Chelsea I'm not sure either! I have a school assignment due on Monday and I cannot seem to find a good sight! It sucks!

Catherine
What a fantastic read both for kids and for adults. Not having grown up in Australia I'm not sure if my knowledge about Ned Kelly was average or below average before reading this. I learned a lot but Wilkninson's injection of small details on the sides when writing the incidents, the different points of view, also had me enthralled with his story and I can see why his legend has persisted.
She lays this book out as a question to the reader -- what do you think, was he a crim or a legend. This qu...more
Amber Campbell
i think that ned is a villain hero and a victom because throght the hole story he is a villian hero and victom and i dont no the hole thing i forgot but i wish i could make a story like that is think its my best book ever read so far now its your turn to tell us what you think about this story i started this year july,15th 2012 and im finished it today saterday 25th August 2012
Ariana Lockett
this book. is. telling. a. true. story. about. a. man. who. stole. stuff. to. provide. for. his. family this. is. a. great. book. to. read :-)
Vienna
Its stink cause you cant even read it online... Does anyone know a website you can read this online please? :)
Anne
Fiction combined with non-fiction, suitable for adults and young adults. Enjoyable and interesting.
Tyrah
BEST BOOK!!!!
Kirsty Cochrane
A nice combination of fiction and non - fiction suitable for adults or older children. Lots of interesting facts and anecdotes about how and why Ned Kelly became the man he was.
Mahesh
the guy name is ked kelly and his father in jail and he can't read in school
Kayla Whitley-philip
It is good a good story on ned Kelly and his life
Io
One of the best biographical books I've read of Ned Kelly.
Ryan Finlau
I think this is a great book
Krystal
This book is great it tells you a lot about ned Kelly life and I would read it over and over again
Jasmine
Hi this is a great book so people read it ned Kelly is a victim and a villain
Bob Marly
How do I read this book
I want to read it
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Rhys
Rhys added it
Oct 12, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Nothing Special
Nothing Special marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Sewni
Sewni marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Christine Laspiñas
Christine Laspiñas marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Tia
Tia is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Ethan
Ethan added it
Sep 17, 2014
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Charles Eriku
Charles Eriku marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f...more
More about Carole Wilkinson...
Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1) Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2) Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3) Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5) Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)