Start by marking “Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter, #6.75)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter, #6.75)

Fear the Darkness (The Entire Dark-Hunterverse #11.5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  9,383 ratings  ·  194 reviews
This is a special thank you to readers for all the great years. It’s a small story about Nick’s homecoming to New Orleans after his mother’s death and after Katrina.

I knew from the beginning what was going to happen to Nick. I wanted the reader to see the birth of a Dark-Hunter, only to have it with a twist. And even though I knew what was going to happen, I still cried wh
Published January 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Darkness, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerDark Lover by J.R. WardCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadThe Host by Stephenie Meyer
Best Paranormal & Fantasy Romances
198th out of 3,788 books — 7,666 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren Kate
Books with Angels, Gods, or Demons
270th out of 1,672 books — 2,660 voters

More lists with this book...

It’s a short story about Nick’s homecoming to New Orleans after his mother’s death and after Katrina.
It's perfect, the only problem is that it's too short.

I'm afraid Nick's journey won't be easy...
This is just a tiny novella that tells of Nick's return to his New Orleans home for the first time since the death of his mother and the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

Nick still holds a lot of hatred and anger for Acheron, who he blames for the death of his mother, but at least he was not as whiny and annoying in this as he was when he popped up in Dark Side of the Moon.

That said, both Stryker and Satara are pulling Nick's strings and he is rapidly heading on the slippery path to becoming a fu
Lisa Elliott
Delve into Nick Gautier (Squire gone Dark-Hunter) head a little bit. OK OK I get it, Nick loved his mother but geez, get over it already! I get really tired of all the characters taking it out on Ash. Nick was the one who got himself in trouble not Ash. And Ash didn't make Nick sleep with Simi nor did he kill Nick's Mom.
I can already see the writing on the wall - Nick the traitor is gonna do something really bad and stupid and Ash is going to have to hurt him... to be continued (I'm sure!)
OK for all of you people dissing Nick and saying he should get over the death of his mom, you should really read the entire series. Acheron is one of the most powerful gods alive, and has more control over fate than the fates themselves. If he wanted to he could destroy the entire greek pantheon, including demigods and lesser gods. So when he told Nick to kill himself and save him the time, he cursed him. There would be no way for Nick to get out of the situation after that. Also if you read The ...more
Jessica Hatfield
Nicks being a butt!!!!!!!
Miss Kim
Oct 13, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter lovers
This short story gives us an update on Nick Gaultier. He is still wicked angry about the death of his mother, and also what he perceived as a betrayal by his best friend, Ash. I understand his anger, but I also think he needs a kick in the pants!
First Thoughts:

I know, I know. How can I give this little thing 3 stars when I gave all the other books just as much. Especially when I already told everyone that Nick's shit (while Ash is the Shit).

Well, he still annoys the hell outta me, but in this book we see another part of him. Not only the "Oh, the whole world's crap!"-part, but the "I am crap, too"-part. The part where he doesn't blame Ash the whole time, but himself, too. I don't say it's healthy, because, hell, it isn't. But it made me
Laura the Highland Hussy
It's a short story and it is such a teaser. There's no ending, just a set-up for the next Dark-Hunter novel...kind of an "in case you were wondering what Nick was up to in between books." :) it's a good teaser, though
Nick Gautier is back in New Orleans. He's bitter, angry, vengeful... and in complete denial.

Nick was one of my favorite characters, though I sometimes wished someone (or something) would bitch-slap the boy, already.

Now that he's immortal, apparently with powers similar to those of Ash, and with an express link to Kalosis and Stryker, I wish someone would kick his idiotic Cajun ass to Katoteros and back.

I understand he's bitter because of his mother's death, I understand his anger, but his convic
Renee Howell
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
A short story told mostly from Nick's POV with a bit at the end from that bitch Satara. I do not like that woman.

The road Nick is walking scares me. I hate that he's consumed by so much grief, hatred and bitterness. I really hope he doesn't seriously consider doing what Satara has asked him to do. Kyrian, Amanda, Ash and just about everyone else would never forgive him for it. I'm really hoping he doesn't do it. Still, I'm sure things are going to get a whole lot worse for Nick before they have
Odeio o Nick!!! A sério que sim!
Ronda  Tutt
Denise Lancaster
Me copa muchísimo Nick como el antihéroe. Sé que está haciendo las cosas "mal", y se va a mandar varias macanas, pero me encanta!
Un hombre bueno que se vuelve villano por el dolor y la impotencia de haber perdido a su madre. Me encanta!
Y entiendo perfecto su razonamiento. Acheron revivió a Kyrian, a Amanda y a Cassandra (!!!), y a la madre de Nick la dejó morir. En el lugar de Nick seguramente sentiría la misma impotencia.
En fin, a ver que pasa con este muchacho en el futuro.
I HATE Tory.
What a tease this is!!! Now I feel like going back and reading this series again....I have never had the chance to read them all in order and the idea now is sounding pretty good so I can fit this story in where it belongs in the storyline.

You can read this story for free here >
Jessica Uzzo
yeah so this was pointless to me. since I've skipped several of the last few books I had no real clue what nicks story was and this short didn't really tell anything other than the very basic details which aren't really enough to content me. also its just 19 pages.of him bitching about ash. maybe this is valid but since I didn't have enough of the backstory to judge it just sounded like a petulant child whining about a toy being taken away. other things that annoyed me: since I'm pretty sure his ...more
This is a super short story to give us some insight on Nick, what he is thinking and feeling. I love Nick and can't wait to have some more of him. I can't imagine where Kenyon is going to take his story, but it will be an interesting journey for sure.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is just a snippet of Nick's life after he has died. It is two years after Katrina and he returns to New Orleans to visit his past. What he sees with the state that New Orleans is still in shocks him and just feeds his anger towards Ash. Like with all Sherrilyn's books, there are twists and turns and layers weaved within and around the story. This is only a snapshot so doesn't really explain much but it will give you an insight into how Nick is feeling towards everyone.

Anger is an emotion, i
There isn't enough here to be classified as a book, but what was there was good for the character insight it gave.
N.L. Riviezzo
My biggest issue with this short story is that it is just too short and ends very abruptly.
In my opinion, not long enough. I wanted to read more about Nick .
Barbara  바보 ♥
Nooooo, necesito más de Nick Gautier. ¡AHORA! XD
Oh Nick... I'm scared for you.
I love Nick...Please Nick come home.
Poor Nick.

That is all.
Escena para quitar el mono de Nick y tener un poco más clara su situación actual (view spoiler). Vuelve a Nueva Orleans y comprueba lo mucho que ha cambiado todo (y sobre todo, todos) mientras él no ha estado y Satara le hace una oferta para recuperar a su madre de la muerte y un skoti es enviado a vigilar sus sueños para garantizar que su odio por Aquerón no desaparece.

Referencias a Buffy: 0
Es excesivamente corto y negro pa
The Lost Challenges: Book 11.5 Fear the Darkness 1 5 Jun 22, 2013 02:00PM
Insomnia Book Club: Free Short Story From Sherrilyn Kenyon 3 16 Feb 17, 2012 09:08PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Atlantis #5)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Dark Hunger (Manga Version of Carpathians, #14)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

The Entire Dark-Hunterverse (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter, #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)